No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembered the other thing I was going to say.

((((Twinny))))!!!! Never said there was anything wrong with multi-quote, epic posts! I love reading them and seeing so many different conversations get wrapped up or continued in one go. I just laughed to see my (granted, wordy) posts called long in comparison.

Oh yeah, liked the Beckett/Ford interaction in "The Storm/The Eye" too. I remember I paused the DVD once on that moment where they're arguing at the base of the Jumper's ramp on the planet and so help me, it looked like Beckett was looking coyly at Ford's lips while Ford struggled not to give in and stay tough. lol I think that led to my brother and I coming up with the line "Ford is ice, but Beckett's got the heat to melt it." Yes, we're weird that way. We tried coming up with our lists of the weirdest slash couples we could from Atlantis and currently are debating a tie between Chuck/Cavanaugh and Cavanaugh/Cavanaugh (meeting his parallel universe self or something). Don't ask how we got that conversation started.

Seti

Comment

Luciana, glad you're feeling better! Sorry you felt bad in the first place!
      Thank you. It's very nice.
      I'm doing well today.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        So it can stay this way?

i've got the booklet-layout finished. I did your names und "special thanks on the second one. Who wanted to have Tom Petty - won't beg down on the CD? I forgot it

Jet, is it ok if I put you under "associates"? I also need to ask gateworld if I can use their name too...
        I am the Tom Petty fan. It is called "I Won't Back Down". Any video with George Harrison and Ringo Starr (The Beatles) kick major butt. My personal favorite Tom Petty song is "Learning to Fly". It was a toss between the two songs. I picked "I want back down" because Carson doesn't back down to any challenges that came his way.

Originally posted by jetflair
        Lovely thunkable pics over the last couple of days! How would those of you who post pics on this thread feel about my snurching them and adding them to the gallery at www.carsonbeckett.com/images? I'd love to turn it into a place to go find all your favorite goodies in one place
        Would it be ok if I started a bunch of threads on the board? One board would have all the spoiler about Carson so far in season 5. Another thread about Paul news.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
          I am the Tom Petty fan. It is called "I Won't Back Down". Any video with George Harrison and Ringo Starr (The Beatles) kick major butt. My personal favorite Tom Petty song is "Learning to Fly". It was a toss between the two songs. I picked "I want back down" because Carson doesn't back down to any challenges that came his way.

oh.. i spelled it wrong.. Sorry^^ Yes, tom Petty's songs are really cool. I like listening to him^^

Comment

On Gate World's homepage, there is an link to new information on Season's 5 "Whispers".
            Spoiler tag for the info:
            Spoiler:

Having been removed from stasis in Atlantis after two months, Carson Beckett -- or, more precisely, the clone of the late doctor created by the Wraith Michael -- returned home to Earth for some R&R. Now he has returned to Atlantis, and is called upon to join Colonel Sheppard on a visit to another planet.

The two trapse through the alien forest and rendezvous with another team, commanded by Major Anne Teldy. Also on the team is Captain Alicia Vega (Leela Savasta), the tough Sgt. Dusty Wells, and the cute and bookish Dr. Alison Porter. The team has called Sheppard and Dr. Beckett there to see what they have found: a Wraith lab hidden inside a network of underground caves, with a dozen humanoid forms in stasis along the wall.

Beckett and Porter study the lab and the condition of the "patients," who they suspect may be more of Michael's test subjects. As they work, Teldy, Vega, and Sheppard shoot the breeze. (The Colonel mentions that the I.O.A. is hesitant to rebuild the Midway space station, recently destroyed in a Wraith attack ["Midway"].)

The presence of the people in stasis brings up Carson's own recent experience, prompting him to tell Dr. Porter about what happened when he showed up on his mother's doorstep two years after his own funeral. The two scientists begin to bond.

The group decides to bunk overnight in a nearby village -- though they have no way of knowing that there are forces nearby that are conspiring against them. And Michael's test subjects are about to wake up.

Comment

Thanks miss_kaylee

Comment

when it comes to Carson I am STARVING

Edit: this is the text for the post about the CD (on www.carsonbeckett.com)
                <SNIP>
                [/I]"Please tell me what you think about it.
                Oh, I LOVE it! Very nicely written.
                I'd green you if I could.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

as promised, my first attempts for some thunkworthy caps.
                  not perfect yet, but it will have to do for now. *sigh*

for all of you who are feeling a "wee bit" poorly)

Spoiler:

oh, and some Lorne for good measure, slipped in somehow)

sigpic

Comment

The first one!

How much I love his eyes.
                    God, these eyes. *sighs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                      Would it be ok if I started a bunch of threads on the board? One board would have all the spoiler about Carson so far in season 5. Another thread about Paul news.
                      Of course! That would be awesome Anyone is welcome to start any and all threads...it's your playground

Comment

So it can stay this way?

i've got the booklet-layout finished. I did your names und "special thanks on the second one. Who wanted to have Tom Petty - won't beg down on the CD? I forgot it

Jet, is it ok if I put you under "associates"? I also need to ask gateworld if I can use their name too...
                        I love the layout and design! It's gorgeous

- You're more than welcome to use my name
                        - Keep Me in Your Heart is by Warren Zevon if you want to use the full name
                        - We could post the cover images with what you wrote on carsonbeckett.com if you wanted......

Last edited by jetflair; 27 March 2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Love the caps, Meezer! Some fiddling with the aspect ratio settings in your software should deal with the squished effect.

As we talk of Carson whumping - actually, the scene in that first cap is one of the best for me. No, he's not actually being physically harmed or anything, but he's in danger, his back is against the wall, and he responds with calm and determination. Perfect example of bringing out sides of a character we only see under pressure. That ep made Carson a force to be reckoned with.....not only his direct and unwavering speech in the cell, but offering himself to be the first one shot. Perfect Carson-whumping

Comment

It's almost time for me to head to bed, so I thought what better time than now for a quick bit of pic spam ... *grins*

Spoiler:

[B[/B]

*hugs for everyone*

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

WOW! All those pictures sure do a girl some good after a long day at work! Which I am off for the whole weekend cause my friend's coming in for my birthday! YAY! *party* Hope everyone is well. Miss you guys, but since I don't have my computer right now, I don't get to hang out as much. *hugs* Yall be good while I'm gone! HAHA!
                              Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                                twinchaosblade - I'm feeling much better today. Thank you!
                                You noticed my 300th post!

I LOVE my clone!
                                He's so cuddly!
                                You're more than welcome, Luci!
                                I'm really glad you are better today... and you got a clone^^... I hope I'll get mine soon too.
                                300 post it is. Go for it; you're there before you know it!

I also like the text you wrote. The only minor suggestion about it would be that you should keep in mind that not EVERYONE in here is female, so I think you might perhaps reconsider the phrase "bunch of girls". But I can totally understand if you don't want to mention that in the text, even though I think he's cool with the fact that he also has male thunkers. At least he never even flinched when I told him to sign something for a friend of mine. Maybe you could write "peeps" or "Beckett fans" or the like.

i've got the booklet-layout finished. I did your names und "special thanks on the second one.
                                http://img8.myimg.de/happyturtleCDe866f_thumb.jpg
                                http://img8.myimg.de/happyturtlebackb2d0f_thumb.jpg
                                The CD cover is breathtakingly good, Fainne! I'm really stunned with your art work.
                                I hope you don't mind my nitpicking but I discovered a teeny, tiny mistake/inconsistency in the back cover where you name all the songs. In contrast to the other titles, the second one starts with a capital letter.

Originally posted by jetflair View Post
                                Lovely thunkable pics over the last couple of days! How would those of you who post pics on this thread feel about my snurching them and adding them to the gallery at www.carsonbeckett.com/images? I'd love to turn it into a place to go find all your favorite goodies in one place.
                                Brilliant idea, jet! I really love the idea of having an actual source for snurching purposes rather than going through the thread and look for what you need, or go cap for yourself.
                                Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                                I do enjoy whumping, I have to say. I'm not sure why exactly, but I agree with Twinny, Carson shines when he's being all self-sacrificing to help the others in spite of his own pains/troubles. That's strength, courage, and any other hero-type quality you wish to name. Other than that, seeing the doctor have to be the patient (and his resulting frustration) can be a fun situation too. And, angst-loving as I am, I like when whumping one character brings out and emphasizes the relationships the others have with that one (though less enjoyable when the other characters realize this too late. Whump is one thing. Permanent death is a whole other.)
                                That's exactly what I mean. Whumping, if done well (if ever you can say something like that ), brings the friendship and team aspect of the show to the forefront. And as much as I'm in love with the character of Carson Beckett, without the team it wouldn't be half as much fun to watch and suffer with the characters. I think the best whump is when you can experience through the others' eyes, know that they are equally suffering from what befell them as a team.
                                ((((Twinny))))!!!! Never said there was anything wrong with multi-quote, epic posts! I love reading them and seeing so many different conversations get wrapped up or continued in one go. I just laughed to see my (granted, wordy) posts called long in comparison.
                                Don't you worry at all, Seti, I certainly wasn't offended in any way! I know very well that you meant it in a good-natured way; and be sure I can take such hints. After all, you're not far from the truth. I do try to make a piece of art of any multi-quote. The formatting freak I am sees the beauty in making the quotes bow to your will. Haliyah has also mastered this skill.
                                We tried coming up with our lists of the weirdest slash couples we could from Atlantis and currently are debating a tie between Chuck/Cavanaugh and Cavanaugh/Cavanaugh (meeting his parallel universe self or something). Don't ask how we got that conversation started.
                                The weirdest ones I ever came across were Zelenka/Ronon and Beckett/Caldwell. I really need to know what kind of herb those slashers consumed. (No offence, guys, but these are couples I really don't see at all.)
                                Originally posted by jetflair View Post
                                As we talk of Carson whumping - actually, the scene in that first cap is one of the best for me. No, he's not actually being physically harmed or anything, but he's in danger, his back is against the wall, and he responds with calm and determination. Perfect example of bringing out sides of a character we only see under pressure. That ep made Carson a force to be reckoned with.....not only his direct and unwavering speech in the cell, but offering himself to be the first one shot. Perfect Carson-whumping
                                Yes, Beckett really impressed me in that scene. I always knew he had it in him but to openly confront Kolya like that and offering to sacrifice himself was great to watch.

While we're already talking about 'Irresponsible'...

Spoiler:

Best wishes for your Birthday, leighanners! Have a blast over the weekend!
                                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X