Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel better already.

What a smile! Have you ever seen a prettier sight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
      I feel better already.
      Yay!
      ...Well, The Hot Scot in person is hard to beat....

But when we can't do that, pictures are almost as good...

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
        *waves hand* I'm the oldest at 36. Wicked not kilted Paul pic Mirela!! Paul's got the greatest smile doesn't he? The rest of him ain't bad either by the way. Alright,does anyone know if Mr. Nobody is out on DVD yet? Cuz Paul in uniform...just GUH. Right,more Paul pix please!! Woooohooooo!! hehe }:O
        You're older than I am? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that...I thought you were younger than me It just goes to show that no matter how old you are, it's only on the surface, not inside (that's a compliment, by the way).

Jersey13 - I don't have a job at the moment, I seem to have been unemployed since god knows when! I DO try, but hardly any employers bother replying and when I do get an interview (which is rare, considering the amount of people that apply for the same job - it runs into the 100's!) I never get the job. I've decided to do some voluntary work in a charity shop in my next town, that'll give me more experience and something fun to do which doesn't involve sitting around

I sent Paul's Valentine's Card off today...sure, I might not be dating him but he's still the one I love

Newly liberated multi-thunker
        http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
        Julia xx

Comment

I feel better already.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...-14_212228.jpg
          Thats a really mega adorable picture of himm

Originally posted by Mirela View Post

I sent Paul's Valentine's Card off today...sure, I might not be dating him but he's still the one I love

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t...t/P1160500.jpg
          thats so sweet that you sent him a V-Day card! i would never have guts to do something like that!
          sigpic
          thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post

thats so sweet that you sent him a V-Day card! i would never have guts to do something like that!
            After I met him, I knew I really wanted to send him one...if I hadn't met him, I wouldn't have because I think sending a V-Day card to someone if you haven't met them is a tad weird, lol.
            Julia xx

Comment

After I met him, I knew I wanted to send him one...if I hadn't met him, I wouldn't have because I think sending a V-Day card to someone if you haven't met them is a tad weird, lol.
              True True Still thats really sweet of you!
              sigpic

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* The pix...just GUH. Sorry to hear about the unemployment thing Mirela;I feel your pain cuz I'm doing the same job hunt thing too. *kicks stupid economy in the arse* And thanks for the compliment too-I don't think of my age as a number,just a sign post along the way. *scratches head* Was that philosophical? Where did that come from? Right,more Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

Hulloo! *Carson-style*

I've been lurking here for about a week & finally decided to join. I'm a long-time Stargate fan, but living in Australia meant I was always way behind North America & UK for viewing both shows (SG-1 & Atlantis). And because I don't like spoilers, I avoided discussion on the internet about upcoming episodes.

I recently bought the full box set of Stargate Atlantis & have been watching them solidly over the last couple of weeks. Because Aussie free-to-air TV programmers have no respect for sci-fi shows, I had only seen up to the end of season 3, which aired here last year; 4 & 5 still haven't been aired (though they may have been on cable, which is far too expensive)! So I've only just been able to see Carson's return, which I had only heard about. Believe me, I was devastated when he was killed off! I cried & felt that the last few episodes of season 3 were hollow in the aftermath of it.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to meet Paul at the Armageddon Expo here a few months ago. I was quite excited to meet him, but didn't really take full advantage of the opportunity, as I was there with friends & we were all geeking out over Seth Green who was also at the expo. I also unfortunately missed his Q&A (due to traffic, d'oh!). I did tell him though, that I was very upset when his character was killed off. He said, "Well, you must've been happy when he came back!", & I had to tell him I hadn't even seen it yet!
                  I met Joe Flanigan first, & also told him I'd only seen the series up when Paul's character was killed off; to which Joe replied in his trademark Sheppard way, "Yeah, that's my favourite episode!"

Anyway, watching my Atlantis DVDs lately has rekindled my full-blown fan-girl crush on Paul/Carson. I've trawled through YouTube for vids of him, I've just ordered A Dog's Breakfast from Amazon, & I decided to come here, the home of Stargate-love, to truly fan-girl-gush over the wonders of Paul McGillion & Carson Beckett. I'm slowly working my way through all the 1300+ pages of this thunk thread, & enjoying it all. I look forward to some Paul/Carson chat with you fellow fans.

Feel the love.
                  dolfyn.
                  Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

WELCOME DOLFYN Looking forward to having you around!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
                      Hulloo! *Carson-style*
                      *waves*
                      Hi Dolfyn! Welcome to the thread. Plenty of us Aussies here. Well okay, there's me?...

I recently bought the full box set of Stargate Atlantis & have been watching them solidly over the last couple of weeks. Because Aussie free-to-air TV programmers have no respect for sci-fi shows, I had only seen up to the end of season 3, which aired here last year; 4 & 5 still haven't been aired (though they may have been on cable, which is far too expensive)!
                      Ah, do you get the new digital channels? A digital set-top box isn't that expensive (and will be required soon to watch anything, anyways ), and will get you 7TWO, which has been showing Atlantis! (I know, it's amazing...new channels, and suddenly they have space to show all the great shows they don't bother with on the regular channels!)
                      This week's ep was Broken Ties, next week's ep is The Daedalus Variations. So, only at the start of Season 5.
                      But watching on DVD is better- no ad breaks, for one! And you can then do marathons- lots and lots in one go, which is a wonderful way to watch them.

So I've only just been able to see Carson's return, which I had only heard about. Believe me, I was devastated when he was killed off! I cried & felt that the last few episodes of season 3 were hollow in the aftermath of it.
                      Oh, I cried too. Damn stupid episode. I think a show of hands around here would result in a majority of thunkers-who-cried-during-Sunday...
                      Yeah, killing him off was just.....argh. No brains.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to meet Paul at the Armageddon Expo here a few months ago. I was quite excited to meet him, but didn't really take full advantage of the opportunity, as I was there with friends & we were all geeking out over Seth Green who was also at the expo.
                      ...did you stand in his crazy 3-hour-queue?

I also unfortunately missed his Q&A (due to traffic, d'oh!). I did tell him though, that I was very upset when his character was killed off. He said, "Well, you must've been happy when he came back!", & I had to tell him I hadn't even seen it yet!
                      Haha- he spoiled it for ya?
                      His Q&A can be found on youtube, hunt around!

I met Joe Flanigan first, & also told him I'd only seen the series up when Paul's character was killed off; to which Joe replied in his trademark Sheppard way, "Yeah, that's my favourite episode!"
                      Meanie.

Anyway, watching my Atlantis DVDs lately has rekindled my full-blown fan-girl crush on Paul/Carson. I've trawled through YouTube for vids of him, I've just ordered A Dog's Breakfast from Amazon, & I decided to come here, the home of Stargate-love, to truly fan-girl-gush over the wonders of Paul McGillion & Carson Beckett. I'm slowly working my way through all the 1300+ pages of this thunk thread, & enjoying it all. I look forward to some Paul/Carson chat with you fellow fans.

Feel the love.
                      Phew! Well, you're doin' everything right!
                      Oh, enjoy ADB...it's FANTASTIC. I was posting screengrabs from it at one point, but then RL got in the way...I really should get back to doing that....with spoiler tags of course, for people who sadly haven't experienced the marvellous movie themselves...

So yeah- welcome!

A new thunker? This deserves some repostings of lolScots.
                      (imho)

Comment

Welcome, Dolfyn It's nice to have a nooB in the topic, it seems like yesterday that I was the nooB and now I'm one of the established posters Anyway, I hope you get great enjoyment out of it, I'm sure you will

Hmm, I think I'm the only Scot on this topic At the moment anyway (apart from when Paul lurks here as a guest now and then, as I read he does). TJuk is a Scot I think, although she isn't on here that much nowadays, cos she's busy running Paul's official site - another Scot running Paul's site, as it should be! C'mon, the Scots! *waves arms in the air*
                        Julia xx

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure TJuk is english. She's one of the "original" thunkers from way back when the first thunk thread was called "Beckett's B****es". But you know how Paul touts being scottish, you'd think he'd at least be able to spell the word "scottish" (he misspelled it on one of my autographs).

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure TJuk is english. She's one of the "original" thunkers from way back when the first thunk thread was called "Beckett's B****es". But you know how Paul touts being scottish, you'd think he'd at least be able to spell the word "scottish" (he misspelled it on one of my autographs).
                            Oops, I remember she said something about an Irn-Bru factory being up the road from her, that just made me think she was Scottish Of course, it's got factories in England as well, hasn't it? D'oh! Ah, I know one of Paul's flaws now - he's not the best speller, lol! If he wants help with his spelling, he can come round to my house and I'll teach him...when I was at school my book for learning to spell words correctly was completely empty! When you got a word wrong you had to write it down in the book then try to learn it correctly...I don't think I ever had to! (I can teach him how to be more computer-savvy too, if he wants )

So, that means that I'm the only Scot on this topic (apart from occasional lurking Pauly) - I don't mind that, I feel proud I'm waving the flag for Scots fans
                            Julia xx

Comment

*waves* Welcome Dolfyn!! Glad to see another thunker to our little patch of heaven...or gutter as the case may be. *points at self* So ya met the Hot Scot a few months ago huh? And the Flan too? Wow...and Seth Green was at the expo? He's a hottie in his own right-I still haven't seen an episode of Robot Chicken but at least there's Family Guy. Right,back to our beloved Hot Scot...you'll enjoy ADB as Paul plays 3 characters....it's funny in a Monty Python fashion. I'm still waiting for word about Paul's horror movie Mr. Nobody-he plays a man in uniform...a uniform that hugs him in all the right places. *pauses to enjoy that thought* Ahem,where was I? Oh yes,enjoy the glory of the Hot Scot (minds outta the gutter ya cheeky monkeys!!) and welcome to the thread!! More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! hehe }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

D'oh! Ah, I know one of Paul's flaws now - he's not the best speller, lol! If he wants help with his spelling, he can come round to my house and I'll teach him...when I was at school my book for learning to spell words correctly was completely empty! When you got a word wrong you had to write it down in the book then try to learn it correctly...I don't think I ever had to! (I can teach him how to be more computer-savvy too, if he wants )

So, that means that I'm the only Scot on this topic (apart from occasional lurking Pauly) - I don't mind that, I feel proud I'm waving the flag for Scots fans
                                I too was a spelling champion!! maybe you and i should split who teaches him what...i get spelling you get computer haha
                                Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                                *waves* Welcome Dolfyn!! Glad to see another thunker to our little patch of heaven...or gutter as the case may be. *points at self* So ya met the Hot Scot a few months ago huh? And the Flan too? Wow...and Seth Green was at the expo? He's a hottie in his own right-I still haven't seen an episode of Robot Chicken but at least there's Family Guy. Right,back to our beloved Hot Scot...you'll enjoy ADB as Paul plays 3 characters....it's funny in a Monty Python fashion. I'm still waiting for word about Paul's horror movie Mr. Nobody-he plays a man in uniform...a uniform that hugs him in all the right places. *pauses to enjoy that thought* Ahem,where was I? Oh yes,enjoy the glory of the Hot Scot (minds outta the gutter ya cheeky monkeys!!) and welcome to the thread!! More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! hehe }:O
                                ok i have really got to see this mr. nobody if he's in a nicely fitting uniformi!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X