Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cajuncayenne View Post
    Hey everyone! Just read about being able to bid on a dinner with Paul and Jewel in april on ebay. Has anyone else heard about it?

Do you know what city that is taking place?
    PJumper42

Comment

from what I understand is you are responsible for travel and stay. the location will be prearranged. This is the info so far.

The Society will launch an auction on eBay running from April 2 to
      12. Auction items will include the opportunity to dine with stars,

The winner will be responsible for their own transportation and
      accommodation to meet with their host at a pre-selected restaurant.
      The dinner date can be scheduled between May 1, 2008 to December 1,
      2009 subject to the availability of both parties.

Comment

Sounds interesting..... You have to be ready for a half year.... Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by cajuncayenne View Post
          from what I understand is you are responsible for travel and stay. the location will be prearranged. This is the info so far.

The Society will launch an auction on eBay running from April 2 to
          12. Auction items will include the opportunity to dine with stars,

The winner will be responsible for their own transportation and
          accommodation to meet with their host at a pre-selected restaurant.
          The dinner date can be scheduled between May 1, 2008 to December 1,
          2009 subject to the availability of both parties.
          YAYYY... I would really like to do that. But I suggest it would be in USA, right?

Comment

twinchaosblade - I'm feeling much better today. Thank you!
            You noticed my 300th post!

May I introduce you to your very own CarsonClone to thunk, cuddle and lean on.

He even offers a shoulder to cry on when you feel depressed. I guess that's exactly what you need now, Luci.
            I LOVE my clone!
            He's so cuddly!
            Last edited by Luciana; 27 March 2008, 07:23 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

oops, look at all the thunk spams i missed yesterday.

Is there something like being flooded with caps?
              (*gulps*...)

on another note, i received my official season 3 box yesterday, (seccond hand but in mint condition)
              i promise i will try to post some caps to tonite., (GMT time that is)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                twinchaosblade - I'm feeling much better today. Thank you!
                You noticed my 300th post!
                I'm really glad you are better today... and you got a clone^^... I hope I'll get mine soon too.

Comment

I'm hungry.

(For Carson? )
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post

I'm hungry.

(For Carson? )
                    when it comes to Carson I am STARVING

Edit: this is the text for the post about the CD (on www.carsonbeckett.com)
                    "Some weeks ago I and the other girls from the GW-forum were joking around which song would fit Paul and Carson best. The feedback was stunning. So many songs from different artists were suggested – some of them I never heard before. The forum changed into a sharing network and I decided to put the songs on a CD to send it to Paul’s management - for he was the bone of contention.
                    But this is not just a CD. This is a project of a group of people who would not know each other without the Paul-factor. I see this bunch of girls as a reflection of the Crew of Stargate Atlantis: we all come from different countries, have different cultural and social backgrounds and came together for one mission: to have a blast.
                    "Please tell me what you think about it.
                    Last edited by Fainne; 27 March 2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                      when it comes to Carson I am STARVING

Edit: this is the text for the post about the CD (on www.carsonbeckett.com)
                      "Some weeks ago I and the other girls from the GW-forum were joking around which song would fit Paul and Carson best. The feedback was stunning. So many songs from different artists were suggested – some of them I never heard before. The forum changed into a sharing network and I decided to put the songs on a CD to send it to Paul’s management - for he was the bone of contention.
                      But this is not just a CD. This is a project of a group of people who would not know each other without the Paul-factor. I see this bunch of girls as a reflection of the Crew of Stargate Atlantis: we all come from different countries, have different cultural and social backgrounds and came together for one mission: to have a blast.
                      "Please tell me what you think about it.
                      I love that post. It is beautifully written. The last few sentences are so true.

Luciana - I am glad to hear that you are doing better today. Congrats on the Clone. Can't wait to get mine.

Comment

I love it as well.
                        Couldn't do it better Fainne!

You're on a good way to get your clone miss_kaylee!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                          I love that post. It is beautifully written. The last few sentences are so true.
                          I love it as well.
                          Couldn't do it better Fainne!
                          thank you. It came right from my heart^^

Comment

I love the CD text! Perhaps the list of songs should be added, so people can make one for themselves if they wish? I know I'm making myself one

Luci, I am so sorry you are feeling sick. It is not fun at all I am, however, sending Dr. Beckett over to make a house call

Lovely thunkable pics over the last couple of days! How would those of you who post pics on this thread feel about my snurching them and adding them to the gallery at www.carsonbeckett.com/images? I'd love to turn it into a place to go find all your favorite goodies in one place.
                            Last edited by jetflair; 27 March 2008, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetflair View Post
                              I love the CD text! Perhaps the list of songs should be added, so people can make one for themselves if they wish? I know I'm making myself one

Luci, I am so sorry you are feeling sick. It is not fun at all I am, however, sending Dr. Beckett over to make a house call
                              So it can stay this way?

i've got the booklet-layout finished. I did your names und "special thanks on the second one. Who wanted to have Tom Petty - won't beg down on the CD? I forgot it

Jet, is it ok if I put you under "associates"? I also need to ask gateworld if I can use their name too...

Comment

Hello! Attempting a quick catch-up on the thread. I do love sitting in at the front desk at work because you can hang around online and no one gets mad, as long as you mind the phones and people who need help.

We're drawing portraits in art class these next few weeks and were assigned to find high-resolution, darkly-shadowed pictures of faces to use as subjects. God, I love how sci-fi shows lately favor low-light conditions. I have a whole bunch of lovely Atlantis, BSG, Farscape, and Firefly/Serenity pics to choose from, so I can't go wrong! And yes, I found some nice ones of Paul (though I couldn't find a Kindred II pic of Beckett holding the gun on Michael that didn't get all pixel-y when I tried to enlarge it). If I'm going to be spending weeks staring at the same picture, it should be one I love looking at.

Luciana, glad you're feeling better! Sorry you felt bad in the first place!

Fainne, that text for the CD is gorgeously written! I love it! Now to find a song I can contribute that I have to send and that hasn't already been picked...

I do enjoy whumping, I have to say. I'm not sure why exactly, but I agree with Twinny, Carson shines when he's being all self-sacrificing to help the others in spite of his own pains/troubles. That's strength, courage, and any other hero-type quality you wish to name. Other than that, seeing the doctor have to be the patient (and his resulting frustration) can be a fun situation too. And, angst-loving as I am, I like when whumping one character brings out and emphasizes the relationships the others have with that one (though less enjoyable when the other characters realize this too late. Whump is one thing. Permanent death is a whole other. )

((((cshawzye))))!!! Welcome back! Nice to see you again! And congrats on the wedding!

I hope everyone's well and having a good week!

Seti

Comment

Working...
                                X