Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
    This is what GW says about spoilers.
    Thanks! That kinda clears it up.

So I just saw a thread I didn't think existed... a Rodney/Jen thread!

Comment

Originally posted by daisy1979 View Post
      Ha ha! It's going through my head right now, but I have 80 9th grade essays to grade this weekend! I wrote another fic on my snow day when I didn't have to go to work, but never finished my first one. Oh well! It'll be up, hopefully, soon!
      I'll see you your essays and raise you one psychology paper for publication and two law briefs. Doesn't it stink how RL interferes with writing???!!?? I read the other one you did and really enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by daisy1979 View Post
        Ok, my Ronon/Jen shipping friends. Now I'm getting nervous. I posted on a few other threads today (just from the Trio one). Will my sig get me in trouble? Is it considered a spoiler? In my mind, it happened... what... three or four episodes ago? How could it be considered that? Just wondering... no one said anything to me.

To me, a spoiler would be something that happened in an episode last night or that day... not weeks ago. If it's a spoiler to someone, they seriously need to catch up! Ok, just needed feedback in case something happens.
        But you must remember that people in other countries like Australia or Germany only get the eps on TV a year or more later. So there may be some people out there who are not current, and they may consider your sig a spoiler.

It's a real shame we cannot use certain sigs for certain threads. I mean, any R/K thread is fair game as far as spoilers are concerned. I'm surfing a lot of threads, so I've put my R/K sigs in spoiler tags. For different reasons.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

To be on topic for a change-
          Spoiler:
          Can't you see a guy like Rodney misinterpreting Keller's friendliness for more and then feeling he is in competition with Ronon, when it all exists only in his head!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
            To be on topic for a change-
            Spoiler:
            Can't you see a guy like Rodney misinterpreting Keller's friendliness for more and then feeling he is in competition with Ronon, when it all exists only in his head!?!?!
            Sure can see that.

Just a question (referring to my earlier post today) - is it really such a big deal if a girl asks a man to have a drink with her? I mean, here in Europe (at least when I was dating - I admit that's 20 or so years ago...) this just meant what it said. Are there more serious implications nowadays? I need to know, because I still tend to mention going for a drink when I meet people - of both genders. Don't want to get into trouble here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              Sure can see that.

Just a question (referring to my earlier post today) - is it really such a big deal if a girl asks a man to have a drink with her? I mean, here in Europe (at least when I was dating - I admit that's 20 or so years ago...) this just meant what it said. Are there more serious implications nowadays? I need to know, because I still tend to mention going for a drink when I meet people - of both genders. Don't want to get into trouble here.
              Nope it really isn't. To SOME people any interaction is a "relationship" but I have always been friends with both men and women (I am 45 and happily married!) There just seems to be a faction of society that feels a man and a woman can't be platonic friends. Sometimes you just want company and friendship.

now a question for you... should I put my siggie in spoiler tags and how do i do it? There are so many manipulated siggies I don't think mine is really a spoiler

Comment

Nope it really isn't. To SOME people any interaction is a "relationship" but I have always been friends with both men and women (I am 45 and happily married!) There just seems to be a faction of society that feels a man and a woman can't be platonic friends. Sometimes you just want company and friendship.

now a question for you... should I put my siggie in spoiler tags and how do i do it? There are so many manipulated siggies I don't think mine is really a spoiler
                I was just wondering, because people made such a big thing about Jenn asking Rodney to go for a drink...

As for your sig, I agree it would be a shame to hide it. It's so beautiful. Kinda depends what threads you frequent. But I think most people come here to be spoilered, so it would just be bad luck to run into someone who feels it gives too much away. Plus this scene has been shown in Jewel's Q&A, and the pics were circulated on many threads here for months before Quarantine aired, so I guess it mus be considered standard knowledge by now.

sigpic

Comment

I was just wondering, because people made such a big thing about Jenn asking Rodney to go for a drink...

As for your sig, I agree it would be a shame to hide it. It's so beautiful. Kinda depends what threads you frequent. But I think most people come here to be spoilered, so it would just be bad luck to run into someone who feels it gives too much away. Plus this scene has been shown in Jewel's Q&A, and the pics were circulated on many threads here for months before Quarantine aired, so I guess it mus be considered standard knowledge by now.
                  Well i noticed you have several siggies in tags and was wondering ....don't want to get anyone peeved... today at least ! (tomorrow may be another tale!)

I remember being in college and anytime I went out with a guy, to some gals it had to be true love! I met my hubby (Mike)there, but "went out with" several other men (including his brother) while he and I were dating, it was simply as friends with the other guys and he knew it. but the girls in my dorm threw a fit about it. there was a certain faction that would run to Mike everytime I even talked to another man, accusing me of being a flirt. Mike knew I was just a friendly person and talked to a lot of people. even today my best friend is a man I ahve known since we were teens and we email and talk often. mike is a very secure man so it isn't an issue!

Comment

But you must remember that people in other countries like Australia or Germany only get the eps on TV a year or more later. So there may be some people out there who are not current, and they may consider your sig a spoiler.

It's a real shame we cannot use certain sigs for certain threads. I mean, any R/K thread is fair game as far as spoilers are concerned. I'm surfing a lot of threads, so I've put my R/K sigs in spoiler tags. For different reasons.
                    In Sweden we are way more than a year behind on SG1! LOL
                    They haven't started air SGA yet.

Sure can see that.

Well, I don't think there is a problem with it, why should there be?!

Me too, my best friend is also a guy. I call him my "ToyBoy" LOL
                    I'm 35 and he is 21......
                    BTW I love your sig!

Comment

hey everyone

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Well i noticed you have several siggies in tags and was wondering ....don't want to get anyone peeved... today at least ! (tomorrow may be another tale!)

I remember being in college and anytime I went out with a guy, to some gals it had to be true love! I met my hubby (Mike)there, but "went out with" several other men (including his brother) while he and I were dating, it was simply as friends with the other guys and he knew it. but the girls in my dorm threw a fit about it. there was a certain faction that would run to Mike everytime I even talked to another man, accusing me of being a flirt. Mike knew I was just a friendly person and talked to a lot of people. even today my best friend is a man I ahve known since we were teens and we email and talk often. mike is a very secure man so it isn't an issue!
                        Sounds like you got your head screwed on right. Same here. The funny thing is that my husband is quite different from most of the men I've been friends with, so he actually prefers it if I get together with them without him.

So what's your take on Jenn's invitation? As I said, I haven't seen the ep yet, so it's hard for me to tell how she said it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post
                          hey everyone

M
                          Hi, Methos! You're just in time. Being a guy, how would you feel if a girl asks you out for a drink? What would be your expectations? (If you can generalize this at all....)

sigpic

Comment

Hi, Methos! You're just in time. Being a guy, how would you feel if a girl asks you out for a drink? What would be your expectations? (If you can generalize this at all....)
                            umm... i'd just go for a drink lol

no real expectations... why?

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

umm... i'd just go for a drink lol

no real expectations... why?

M
                              Well, several people have made a big deal out of the fact that Jenn asks Rodney out for a drink at the end of Trio. (This is hearsay for me, haven't seen it yet). They even went as far as saying she's cheating on Ronon. We were just trying to get some perspective here. To me, asking a guy out for a drink means just that, like you said. But Rac has heard differently. Maybe it's a U.S. thing.

sigpic

Comment

hey everyone
                                M
                                Hey M!

Well, several people have made a big deal out of the fact that Jenn asks Rodney out for a drink at the end of Trio. (This is hearsay for me, haven't seen it yet). They even went as far as saying she's cheating on Ronon. We were just trying to get some perspective here. To me, asking a guy out for a drink means just that, like you said. But Rac has heard differently. Maybe it's a U.S. thing.
                                Ps. It was a bet! I made a post about it on page 2...

Comment

Working...
                                X