Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheee! Discussion ahead -- no hatin'!!
    Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
    You're probably all gonna hate me for this
    Spoiler:
    I love the idea of Ronon/Jen - seriously, I really really really want it to happen. The scene in Doppelganger was just priceless and I still maintain his 'injury' was totally staged, while their scenes in Tabula Rasa were also cute and had tension. I was so looking forward to Quarantine, but I have to say I was really disappointed by the Ronon/Jen scenes in the episode. The first scene was fine, then the Melena reminiscing was... well, it was fine as well. Bittersweet and nice to Ronon opening up to Jen so easily. But the scene before the almost-kiss... oh my word. It was just so... I don't really know how to describe it. I just didn't like it.
    It was actually not my most favoritest part either. I looove the awkwardness though. And, I hope the do get to know each other better t/o this season. Yes, in THAT way too.

Spoiler:
    The way Ronon said he hadn't liked her before even though he blatantly did in Doppelganger and Tabula Rasa just didn't make sense, and the way Jen just seemed totally fine with being called weak and... I just thought it could have used more tension between them.

Just because Ronon did not "like" or "respect" her, whatever, does not mean he wasn't attracted to her. And I think, she shortchanges herself alot, we will probably get to see her gain confidence
    Spoiler:
    now that she's full time.

Spoiler:
    Oh, the one scene in Quarantine that I loved was the last one in the mess hall - that scene was beautifully played with great tension. But the others, well anyway.

Just my opinion, anyway. Now, moving onto Trio, I have to say that I do honestly think that Jennifer was flirting with Rodney by the end of it. I was surprised, but I did also find it very funny. And I think that Rodney likes her. Now, I don't really think anything will happen between them, but I do think there was flirting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think Rodney likes pretty girls. (he's totally and completely hetero, as is John S.!! There is no subtext between the 2 actors no, no,no!) Oops, I digress.

I guess, I do not mind Rodney/Keller at all because of the friendly, flirty vibe I got of the whole episode & ending scene. IMO, no UST just "Hey I like you!" FWIW I think Trio was Rodney & Keller getting to know each other. Just like R/K did in Quarantine. But with out the
    Spoiler:
    almost smooch and UST awkwardness at the end that is soooo obvious to everyone in the mess hall.
    Just sayin'

Spoiler:
    I don't think I've made much sense and I'm sorry. I guess my point is Ronon/Jen = good, but Trio = Jen flirting with Rodney. And I can't quite decide whether I liked it or not.
    [/QUOTE]
    wow. long post.

Comment

Interesting. See, I took Ronon's comment

Spoiler:
      "When you FIRST came here I thought you were weak, that you didn't belong...."

To mean the period of time when she first arrived in the city - back in season 3. Since that poor first impression, his opinion has been slowly coming around....
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Maybe it'll do Jenn good to
        Spoiler:
        be flirting with Rodney. He's just SO awkward around women, maybe it will boost her self confidence to spend time with someone where she kinda has the upper hand. At least in conversation.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by DoodleyDog View Post
          Interesting. See, I took Ronon's comment

Spoiler:
          "When you FIRST came here I thought you were weak, that you didn't belong...."

To mean the period of time when she first arrived in the city - back in season 3. Since that poor first impression, his opinion has been slowly coming around....
          I took it that way too DD.
          Spoiler:
          I think if anything her fighting to save Weir brought her up in his estimation. But anyway I digress....

LOVED the interview/clip from Jewel, she put the Rodney scene in the context that I thought it should be. Jenn's flirting didn't mean she was romantically interested in him. Jenn loves to tease and Rodney is a GREAT target. Plus I think Rodney needs a female friend and Jennifer could be just the ticket.

I also loved that this clip was released right after Trio to put to rest any crazy ship ideas that Rodney and Jennifer would be paired up. In fact they seemed to be stressing the Ronon/Jennifer angle and my guess is that's because we'll see more of their romance in S5.
          Whoo Hoooo!!!!

btw- What cut scene was someone talking about with the S/J reference!!!! I must see it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoodleyDog View Post

The leadership she showed during the latter half of the eppy was, imo, the first glimmer of compatibility for she and Ronon.
            I know when she said the thing about the bar trick i so thought ronon would love that.
            Spoiler:

KELLER: Another sparring accident?

DEX: Actually, I slipped in the shower.

KELLER: Oh, really?

DEX (smiling): No. Sparring accident.

Comment

Originally posted by SiriusNight View Post
              I know when she said the thing about the bar trick i so thought ronon would love that.
              But didn't it surprise you that she would know such a trick after she told Ronon she'd missed out on parties and stuff?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                btw- What cut scene was someone talking about with the S/J reference!!!! I must see it.

second that =]

i think rodney/jenn would be a nice friendship, but thats all.

OT: its currently sunny AND snowing here...
                sigpic
                sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                  I took it that way too DD.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think if anything her fighting to save Weir brought her up in his estimation. But anyway I digress....

LOVED the interview/clip from Jewel, she put the Rodney scene in the context that I thought it should be. Jenn's flirting didn't mean she was romantically interested in him. Jenn loves to tease and Rodney is a GREAT target. Plus I think Rodney needs a female friend and Jennifer could be just the ticket.

I also loved that this clip was released right after Trio to put to rest any crazy ship ideas that Rodney and Jennifer would be paired up. In fact they seemed to be stressing the Ronon/Jennifer angle and my guess is that's because we'll see more of their romance in S5.
                  Whoo Hoooo!!!!

I thought/read there was supposed to be a vague reference to Sam's love life. (ie: Jack) But I didn't see anything in Trio.

Actually that ONE clip is an older one, so it doesn't have to do with Trio.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
                    I thought/read there was supposed to be a vague reference to Sam's love life. (ie: Jack) But I didn't see anything in Trio.

Actually that ONE clip is an older one, so it doesn't have to do with Trio.
                    Oh..... bummer..... I guess I'm hopeless. I'm still waiting for any scrap of S/J I can get. At least I can console myself with the thought that we won't be tortured with Jenn/Ronon the same way!

Comment

Originally posted by GSRgategirl923 View Post
                      second that =]

i think rodney/jenn would be a nice friendship, but thats all.

OT: its currently sunny AND snowing here...
                      Yep Rodney as a nice OLDER friend.
                      I have been pestered by a plot bunny that thinks Rodeny will misinterpret Jen's actions and be a pain.... we shall see where it goes!

OT: here it is sunny but the winds are murder, giving us a below zero temp, yet the sunshine is sooooo pretty!

Comment

i was looking for the ref to sam's love life too i even watched it a second time to make sure i didnt just miss it..

also ..
                        Spoiler:
                        did you notice how in trio when mckay said ronons name jenn looked up and smiled ??
                        sigpic
                        sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                          But didn't it surprise you that she would know such a trick after she told Ronon she'd missed out on parties and stuff?
                          It did. I am not sure they thought about that but i guess she was 21 before she could drink so maybe she was more social by then.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GSRgategirl923 View Post
                            i was looking for the ref to sam's love life too i even watched it a second time to make sure i didnt just miss it..

also ..
                            Spoiler:
                            did you notice how in trio when mckay said ronons name jenn looked up and smiled ??
                            Yes, I remember now - but I totally forgot about it. I kinda wonder if TPTB put that in, or - seeing how they are trying to deny us this ship - if it was a little improv by Jewel?

Heck, if I was in her shoes I'd clamor for more romantic scenes with Jason Momoa! Although I'd probably melt into a puddle of goo if he looked at me like this...

Hope I'm not too OT and thunky with this...

sigpic

Comment

Joe is supposed to put the clip with sam that got cut up on his blog on monday.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SiriusNight View Post
                                Joe is supposed to put the clip with sam that got cut up on his blog on monday.
                                Could you maybe post the link if you find it? That would be awesome. I don't usually go over there.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X