Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenKM1216 View Post
    Thank you! I'm not the best with graphics, but I like to play around. The Last Man was my favorite episode. Possibly purely for the scenes featuring Ronon and Todd. Who would ever think of those two getting along for any reason?
    that's what's great about their scenes. you'd never picture ronon working with a wraith, but in the end they went out as equals, not enemies. I think they're some of the best scenes in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      welcome to WDC! I agree about todd, I really hope his character stays around. it would be such a waste to kill him.
      Now that would just be sad. I don't even want to contemplate that! Thought it would be just my luck. My favorite characters are always the ones that die at the end.

Thanks for the welcome.
      sigpic

Comment

I think they're some of the best scenes in the season.
        *nods* I agree. The dynamic created there was wonderful. And the lines exchanged between them. Loved it! Todd had an elaborate plan while Ronon just uses brute force. Perfectly in character, yet the two work flawlessly side-by-side when it comes down to the end.
        sigpic

Comment

hopefully, we'll see more scenes like it in the future. I love the part that's in your signature, ronon thought he had the better of todd only to find todd's knife pointed at his chest.

Spoiler:

Comment

hopefully, we'll see more scenes like it in the future. I love the part that's in your signature, ronon thought he had the better of todd only to find todd's knife pointed at his chest.

Spoiler:
            That was definitely priceless. I clapped aloud when I saw that scene. (And got some really odd looks from my husband. LOL) I hope the writers keep those scenes in mind, too. I think it would bring a lot to the series to show that not everything is always black and white--there are shades of gray in between.

Awesome GIF! May I borrow it to put on my LiveJournal?
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome GIF! May I borrow it to put on my LiveJournal?
              if you want to. I made a few others of those scenes too.

I don't think the writers will keep their scenes in mind. so far in S5, ronon is back to being a "hater of all things wraith". it's kind of a shame because it was a nice change to see a human co-exist with a wraith for once, instead of just killing it on sight. I suppose todd is an exception though, because he is willing to work with humans.

Comment

if you want to. I made a few others of those scenes too.

I don't think the writers will keep their scenes in mind. so far in S5, ronon is back to being a "hater of all things wraith". it's kind of a shame because it was a nice change to see a human co-exist with a wraith for once, instead of just killing it on sight. I suppose todd is an exception though, because he is willing to work with humans.
                Thanks! I'll be sure to give you proper credit. And you made more? I envy the ability. I tried my hand at GIF images, but I failed miserably. I decided to stick to writing, which I'm much better at.

It's unfortunate the writers are reverting to the hatred. But, we do have to remember, to Ronon none of those things happened. It's just a story John will share with him. Maybe the writers will use the story arc to move onto enlightened views for the characters. One can hope, anyhow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                  I love binges. I once watched all 9 (at the time) seasons in a month, with college and work I was surprised I managed to do it, but it was SO worth it.
                  I'm actually due another marathon. *grins*
                  9 seasons in a month?! Now thats an awesome binge! I've actually never seen SG1. I've been without cable for a long while now, and with a three year old and soon to be five year old, I don't get a chance for a lot of TV. Being sick gave me a pass for once.
                  sigpic

Comment

I do have to say, there are some threads that have really made me think. You guys are awesome!
                    We know!

Welcome to the thread!

And hmm, I've seen that siggy before, in that form...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

9 seasons in a month?! Now thats an awesome binge! I've actually never seen SG1. I've been without cable for a long while now, and with a three year old and soon to be five year old, I don't get a chance for a lot of TV. Being sick gave me a pass for once.
                      Never?
                      You're missing so much of the awesome. Catch it when you can!

Comment

Thanks! I'll be sure to give you proper credit. And you made more? I envy the ability. I tried my hand at GIF images, but I failed miserably. I decided to stick to writing, which I'm much better at.

It's unfortunate the writers are reverting to the hatred. But, we do have to remember, to Ronon none of those things happened. It's just a story John will share with him. Maybe the writers will use the story arc to move onto enlightened views for the characters. One can hope, anyhow.
                        gifs can be tricky, what program did you try? this is one of my favorites.
                        Spoiler:

the writers tend to stick with old formulas, so I doubt we'll see an enlightened team. if anyone's view of wraith has been affected, it's mckay's, at least where todd is concerned. I think mckay actually has a liking for him. as for the other 99% of wraith... well...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          And hmm, I've seen that siggy before, in that form...
                          Thanks for the welcome! Yup, you've seen the sig before. My best friend, Alauralen, used it for a while before she switched to another sig/banner I made for her LiveJournal header. She's the one who pointed me to GateWorld.
                          sigpic

Comment

gifs can be tricky, what program did you try? this is one of my favorites.
                            Spoiler:

the writers tend to stick with old formulas, so I doubt we'll see an enlightened team. if anyone's view of wraith has been affected, it's mckay's, at least where todd is concerned. I think mckay actually has a liking for him. as for the other 99% of wraith... well...
                            Let me see... I used GIMP and PSP7. I think those were the only two. It's been a while since I tried my hand at GIF images. I LOVE that GIF! Is it terrible of me to be thrilled when bad things happen to Kavanagh? He's just suck a...

Too bad the writers don't take an enlightened view, as well. Maybe they will move past the complete wraith hatred in the end, but I have to agree they'll probably sick to the "old formula." I guess they're more for seeing things in the black and white.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                              Never?
                              You're missing so much of the awesome. Catch it when you can!
                              I'll try. So many seasons is a bit daunting, however. LOL Four was a much easier goal. I'd love to get caught up on all of SG. Maybe when my son starts school this fall, I'll have a bit more time.
                              sigpic

Comment

I made another Todd sig
                                Spoiler:

Thank you, naamiaiset. I'm new to GateWorld, and as I was reading/skimming through the 300+ pages last night, I had no idea which wraith was being talked about, aside from the names given on the show itself.

To introduce myself, I just last week watched all four seasons in seven days (while I was sick) and fell in love. I was immediately fascinated by the wraith, and I continued to be so throughout the seasons. Todd is my favorite character on the show. I'm partial to always seeing the good and bad about everyone, and he gives far more insight to wraiths than other wraith characters have.

I've tried to look through the main subjects that have been discussed, so hopefully I won't bring old discussions back up inadvertently with my future comments.

I do have to say, there are some threads that have really made me think. You guys are awesome!
                                Welcome to the club JenKM1216.

Comment

Working...
                                X