Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omyfid View Post
    im in, a wraiths gotta eat itherwise they die and hunger can make you do some pritty wrong things, so yer.
    im going to eat u mmm, i dont see that happening
    welcome omyfid! Nice to see more wraithfans here

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Forgive me if I missed acknowledging anyone...it's 3:30 am and I SHOULD be in bed...but...

@ omyfid - Welcome! The more Wraith fans, the merrier!

@ Wraithie - You are having SO much fun with your new toy, arencha???! Good stuff! I love your verses...just so fitting...and sometimes kinda sad...(in a good way, though...not a depressing way...) And I love the 'hidden eyes' verse! Wonderful!

Okay - this is why I'm up so late. I decided to try my hand at my very first Wraith sketch (free hand). It's okay - it has some problems, but I can live with it right now. I used Steve as a guide, and a good ol' #2 Ticonderoga pencil! LOL...smudgy, but it has a good eraser! (I shrunk this down so it wasn't so huge)

Spoiler:

das
    Beautiful!!!!

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
    Nice ones I really love the lyrics

das, you really surprised me! It's absolutely WONDERFUL Steve would be proud

Is Shantaia somewhere nearby? I have something she might like

Icarium
    You're right, I like it very much - would I be on my own computer I would snatch it

sigpic

Comment

Forgive me if I missed acknowledging anyone...it's 3:30 am and I SHOULD be in bed...but...

Okay - this is why I'm up so late. I decided to try my hand at my very first Wraith sketch (free hand). It's okay - it has some problems, but I can live with it right now. I used Steve as a guide, and a good ol' #2 Ticonderoga pencil! LOL...smudgy, but it has a good eraser! (I shrunk this down so it wasn't so huge)

Spoiler:

das
      HOLY COWS! Das can draw! *cry*

thx das, so far (scince ive just joined) everyone has been really nice welcoming.

the wraith would have to be my equal first fav race, along with the asgard, my bro's fav is the ancients.

Wow, someone still likes the Ancients? Strange...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

thx das, so far (scince ive just joined) everyone has been really nice welcoming.

the wraith would have to be my equal first fav race, along with the asgard, my bro's fav is the ancients.
        Oops, I overlooked you Welcome

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
        You're right, I like it very much - would I be on my own computer I would snatch it
        NP, it's snurchable You don't have to hurry

Icarium

Comment

Spoiler:

das
          PROBLEMS!!?? Are you mad woman?, it's fantastic!!
          That's it, you must draw more wraith now.

Seriously, it is good. I do hope you continue to experiment drawing the wraith with different media. We've got a lot of good artists here, and it's good when they share.

Wraithie Another nice poem. All dark and creepy and making you think of bad places and nasty things coming to get you, (this is meant as a compliment, i like things like this).

bye for now.
          sigpic
          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

DAS;-
            Love your picture, you captured Steve prefectly.You've got a good eye for shape and structure . Looks lovely as a pencil drawing you've really got the shape of his face just right.

Love to see more please.

It's a really pleasure to come here and all of you have cheered me up today, life is very upside down, at the moment and I'm not sure when it will end.

Thank you

MCH
            sigpic
            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
              PROBLEMS!!?? Are you mad woman?, it's fantastic!!
              That's it, you must draw more wraith now.
              Totally agreed. Draw more wraithsies!

Comment

No answer yet on the email to Dan Payne. It hasn't come back as indeliverable, so the addy must still be good. At least we can figure someone got it!

Will be back later to edit and address the above posts. EXCEPT FOR DAS!...Are you nuts, Honey? That sketch is FABULOUS! It looks like a teen Steve. All sweet and vicious, too! Makes you want to take him home and raise him up juuuuust right!

Wraithie
                Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 30 April 2008, 05:55 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Awwww....geez. Thanks. I didn't think it was that great... (agreed, Wraithie - it does look like a 'teen' Steve - that was one of the things buggin' me... ) Thank you all very, very much. *huggles*

I really can't play today, but here's a little drabbley thing I posted in another thread somewhere around here...

Spoiler:
                  It would be interesting to see Sheppard's reaction if he was to learn that Todd COULD have feed on an animal, instead of Wallace...I can just hear Mr. Whiny now...

Sheppard (furious): "Why didn't you tell me you could suck on a cow?!?"

Todd: "You did not ask."

Shep: "That's not the point!"

Todd: "You were agreeable to providing me with a more satisfactory meal, why should I have settled for less?"

Shep: "I sent a man to his death when I didn't have to!"

Todd (smiles slyly): "And I will forever be grateful to you for your generosity. Of course, he did not satisfy my hunger quite like you did..." (cocks his head to the side and leers at Sheppard)

Shep (screwing up his face): "Aww, now you're just creepin' me out..."

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Awwww....geez. Thanks. I didn't think it was that great... (agreed, Wraithie - it does look like a 'teen' Steve - that was one of the things buggin' me... ) Thank you all very, very much. *huggles*

I really can't play today, but here's a little drabbley thing I posted in another thread somewhere around here...

Spoiler:
                    It would be interesting to see Sheppard's reaction if he was to learn that Todd COULD have feed on an animal, instead of Wallace...I can just hear Mr. Whiny now...

Todd: "You were agreeable to providing me with a more satisfactory meal, why should I have settled for less?"

Todd (smiles slyly): "And I will forever be grateful to you for your generosity. Of course, he did not satisfy my hunger quite like you did..." (cocks his head to the side and leers at Sheppard)

das
                    LOL das! Just think of all the 'experience' lines you could put on him! It really is great, das. I can't draw to save my life, but I'm trying to learn how to sketch digitally. I played with the eyes from the other wallie. They look more sinister in my newest (!) wallie which I modified from the one I just posted. New verse, though, and inside the verse is another verse! Hope ya'll like!

Spoiler:

Wraithie
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                      LOL das! Just think of all the 'experience' lines you could put on him! It really is great, das.
                      Thanks. I think I'll leave him as is - Teen Wraith. LOL...like Teen Wolf, but...not.

I made a siggie out of it - not sure when I'll use it 'cause I like my current one right now. I FINALLY figured out why my lettering was all messed up - I had a setting off. I fixed the lettering in this one, have others I need to do now... if and when I get around to it.

Anyhoo...Here's my teen Steve sig...and he's looking at YOU!

Spoiler:

I can't draw to save my life, but I'm trying to learn how to sketch digitally. I played with the eyes from the other wallie. They look more sinister in my newest (!) wallie which I modified from the one I just posted. New verse, though, and inside the verse is another verse! Hope ya'll like!

Spoiler:

I think you're doing great! Even if you've never drawn, you still have to have an artistic eye and ability to create stuff digitally. Good job - creepy verse! Very Halloweenie...

And I meant to tell you, Wraithie, that I got a kick out of your SCA 'bow to the queen'...lol! When I go to Ren Faires, and everyone shouts, 'Long live the Queen', I mumble, 'Down with the Queen!' - seeing as how I'm either a pirate, or a gypsy. heh.

das
                      Last edited by dasNdanger; 30 April 2008, 11:35 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

das
                        Ahahaha! I could totally see this happening. *grins*
                        I love your drabbles, keep 'em coming.

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll leave him as is - Teen Wraith. LOL...like Teen Wolf, but...not.

I made a siggie out of it - not sure when I'll use it 'cause I like my current one right now (I FINALLY figured out why my lettering was all messed up - I had a setting off. I fixed the lettering in this one, have others I need to do now... if and when I get around to it.

Here's my teen Steve sig...and he's looking at YOU!

Spoiler:

I think you're doing great! Even if you've never drawn, you still have to have an artistic eye and ability to create stuff digitally. Good job - creepy verse! Very Halloweenie...

And I meant to tell you, Wraithie, that I got a kick out of your SCA 'bow to the queen'...lol! When I go to Ren Faires, and everyone shouts, 'Long live the Queen', I mumble, 'Down with the Queen!' - seeing as how I'm either a pirate, or a gypsy. heh.

das
                          Love the Teen Steve! I can just hear him say, "I haven't got my pout perfected just yet. When I do...I'll show it to you."

My best friend was sitting beside as I showed her my new stuff and how I did it, when the bug for the new one nailed me. She just sat there with her mouth hanging open, as I went into overdrive! I had to apologize to her at one point because she started to talk, and I shushed her. She just waited patiently until the frenzy wasn't, and then when I apologized, she let me know what she had in mind. That set me off on another frenzy just to make a 'piece'. I asked her for a bit of editorial input on my verse. "Does it look better this way or this way? Or should I just do this instead?"

Wraithie
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper
                            Love the Teen Steve! I can just hear him say, "I haven't got my pout perfected just yet. When I do...I'll show it to you."
                            Ah, yes...Steve's lovely pout. *sigh* Amazing what a bug can do to a gal!

It's nice to have a buddy to give you feedback. When I get the 'bug' (the artsy bug, not the Wraithy bug...unfortunately), it's usually 1 am and hubby is fast asleep in bed. I don't get the bug often, and I usually hide my work from people who know me in the flesh and blood form - I'm much braver on line.

Ah, oh well.

better get some 'real' work done....

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              Wow, Wraithlord...

*Saves image as...*
                              Great! And oh... 13000 posts Congratulations!
                              Originally posted by Risem View Post
                              *drools*
                              Originally posted by MCH View Post
                              Siggy apprcation time:-

Just seen your new siggy, cool that is one mean wraith Wraithworshipper. Where did that verse come from?
                              Eric siggy, (can't remember who did that one sorry)
                              Wraithlord:- Spoils of War with Todd
                              Naamaiset :- love your Wraith Queen
                              Icarium:- the Queen spoiler
                              You are all very creative people.
                              I'm glad you all like the sig and thanks for the congrats Icarium.
                              Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              Icarium, I do, I just decided not to tell him...
                              You hate me? Why what did i do?
                              im in, a wraiths gotta eat itherwise they die and hunger can make you do some pritty wrong things, so yer.
                              im going to eat u mmm, i dont see that happening
                              Welcome to the club omyfid.
                              Good points there, das! I see what you mean.
                              For instance, Steve. If he hadn't been such a dandy, would he have come across as more evil than spoiled the way he did? Rhys has a quiet beauty about him. Will the writing over-come the pretty so that his beauty makes him seem the all more sinister? Steve just wasn't written as evil. "Michael" didn't address his back story, so we don't know what he was like before he was captured and used for experimentation. They never even attempted to make Todd a bad guy, so... now that they're headed in that direction (or is that misdirection on their part?), will the change be realistic or "BAM!" he's a backstabber?

new siggie alt
                              Spoiler:

Wraithie
                              Unless otherwise specified, all verses are mine. I've been wanting to do a siggie involving eyes. This wasn't anything like I'd envisioned, but once the verse hit, it had to be Rhys. I like the Rope of Weeds lyrics. That may lend itself to another Rhys siggie. Or not, I just read them again. Hmm, shame to let those go to waste! Nightmare Bob, maybe?
                              Wraithie

PS: New Wallie!
                              Spoiler:
                              Is Shantaia somewhere nearby? I have something she might like

Icarium
                              LOL das! Just think of all the 'experience' lines you could put on him! It really is great, das. I can't draw to save my life, but I'm trying to learn how to sketch digitally. I played with the eyes from the other wallie. They look more sinister in my newest (!) wallie which I modified from the one I just posted. New verse, though, and inside the verse is another verse! Hope ya'll like!

Spoiler:

Wraithie
                              Wraithworshipper & Icarium I love the sig and wallpapers great job both of you.

Spoiler:

das
                              Here's my teen Steve sig...and he's looking at YOU!

Spoiler:
                              Awesome sig and drawing dasNdanger i love it i wish i could still draw but unfortunately i can't even do a straight line these days.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                                I like those lyrics. I didn't think about using the ancient/wraith writing, I'm going to try it.
                                That is soo creative. If you do, I will print if off and put it on my desk at work--I know my colleagues will think it's beautiful too, even if they don't get it.

Fantastic! I'm excited

Am I being weird????????

wwii
                                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X