No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since everyone's in a sig making mood, we can't forget todd.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post

Spoiler:

naaimi,

We could never forget Todd! I especially like the "stand and fight" sig behind the spoiler. All three are very good!

I am curious as to whether or not we will get more visitors now that we are in the General Discussion section. More fresh blood, uh, rather, fresh thoughts are always welcome here!
      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I just watched "submersion". zelenka says the wraith cruiser is less than a kilometer from the team, which had to be at least 2000 - 3000 feet. the queen swam that distance after her ship crashed and then swam it again at the end. that is a long way (even though it takes her two seconds in the episode), and it got me thinking, could that be what the extra nostrils are for? aiding in breathing underwater? some insects have "vents" on their bodies that let them breathe in water. probably not what they're for, but it popped in my head.
        Last edited by naamiaiset; 09 April 2008, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Insects have spiracles through which they breathe - only problem is, if they get wet, they drown. I do think the openings on the Wraith's face are a sort of spiracle (based on the drone's face, with its 4 nostrils), but they may serve a different purpose than just breathing. As someone suggested, they may be more like the pits a snake has, used to sense heat and movement. But they do seem to be attached in some way to the sinuses...so...a type of secondary nostril that aids their senses more than helping them breathe, perhaps.

Funny how I can think dudes with 4 nostrils are hot...

das
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Insects have spiracles through which they breathe - only problem is, if they get wet, they drown. I do think the openings on the Wraith's face are a sort of spiracle (based on the drone's face, with its 4 nostrils), but they may serve a different purpose than just breathing. As someone suggested, they may be more like the pits a snake has, used to sense heat and movement. But they do seem to be attached in some way to the sinuses...so...a type of secondary nostril that aids their senses more than helping them breathe, perhaps.

Funny how I can think dudes with 4 nostrils are hot...

das
            I remember the heat/pit idea, I still agree with that. like I said, it just popped in my head.

there's nothing wrong with liking growly, multi-nostrilled, green men.
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 09 April 2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
              Todd gets the ZPM's at the end of 'Be All My Sins'. Rodney tells us that a week has passed since that battle before pointing out the signal transmitted by Todd's tracking device. Unless the Queen started producing template warriors in hope that Todd could get ZPM's from the Asurans she couldn't have been at it for longer than a week.

Alternative answer - things take however long it suits a particular plot.
              Aha, thanks for that! That's still really quick.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              Which would require a lot of energy from her... And losing energy means feeding more, so you think she ate Todd's entire Hive?
              LOL! You just gave me the funniest images of the queen feasting. And she doesn't even need to watch her figure. hahaha.

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
              300 pages!
              Regarding Michael's killing of the queen now known as Ruby (on this thread at least): I think Michael might fear the mental powers of the Wraith Queens and is killing them to keep them from challenging his control of the galaxy.
              Another possible explanation. I wouldn't have thought of this. If the queens got together they may be able to over power Michael's "mind vibes" .

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post

Wraithie

Feelin' pretty good! Tablet's on the way, and Mom spent money on me this mornin'!
              Yay!

I just watched "submersion". zelenka says the wraith cruiser is less than a kilometer from the team, which had to be at least 2000 - 3000 feet. the queen swam that distance after her ship crashed and then swam it again at the end. that is a long way (even though it takes her two seconds in the episode), and it got me thinking, could that be what the extra nostrils are for? aiding in breathing underwater? some insects have "vents" on their bodies that let them breathe in water. probably not what they're for, but it popped in my head.
              I agree with naamiaiset's second statement, I believe that they are heat/snake pits. Or that they have some advanced sense of smell with them. I also think that their respiratory it mostly human and it's not really insect like. One of the reasons insects aren't so big is because their breathing is passive, I believe and not efficient enough to allow the evolution to a bigger size.
              The wraith must borrow the best from both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                LOL! You just gave me the funniest images of the queen feasting. And she doesn't even need to watch her figure. hahaha.
                Yup, now we know why they're so thin!

One of the reasons insects aren't so big is because their breathing is passive, I believe and not efficient enough to allow the evolution to a bigger size.
                The wraith must borrow the best from both worlds.

*gutter*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                  @ Icarium: I love all of your new sigs. Very beautiful and creative. Are you rotating them now?

Todd has a thunk thread? *sigh* I just can't understand the whole thunk concept, but that is just my opinion.
                  bravo!
                  Thank you both Yes, my sigs rotate

I've learnt to love thunk threads because there are soooo many wonderful pictures that can be used in sigs

Spoiler:

I said it somewhere else but I'm going to repeat that I'm so happy that you've decided to share more of your works with us. They're just fabulous
                  I thought that there are so many Todd's sigs that I were going to make sigs with the Wraith with short screen lifespan... we'll see how many I'll manage to make

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                    I said it somewhere else but I'm going to repeat that I'm so happy that you've decided to share more of your works with us. They're just fabulous
                    I thought that there are so many Todd's sigs that I were going to make sigs with the Wraith with short screen lifespan... we'll see how many I'll manage to make

Icarium
                    Oh, more Wraith sigs would be brilliant! I'd love to have my upstairs compo fixed, and actually knowing how to work photoshop! Or the GIMP I got right now, lol. But mostly I don't know what stuff does, so I stay away from it...

Does anyone know if there's a size limit or number limit to what you can put in your photobucket account? Aka only 1000 pics, or only 1 GB of pics/vids...?

Cos I was recently made aware I only stored mine in 800x600 or sth, so yeah, bigger in there would be nice, if I find the time... But only if I know there's no limit I can reach, maybe?

Comment

Oooh I don't even need a reason I like the Wraith.....

Especially that queen in Allies . How did she get such fashion sense?
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

*gutter*

LOL! What's that about?

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                        Oooh I don't even need a reason I like the Wraith.....

Especially that queen in Allies . How did she get such fashion sense?
                        Hi!
                        She did have excellent taste. But they all do in their own ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                          LOL! What's that about?

Hi!
                          She did have excellent taste. But they all do in their own ways.

The shoes she wore, white with black tips looked like they'd been stolen from Earth too....
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                            The shoes she wore, white with black tips looked like they'd been stolen from Earth too....
                            Hahaha! That must be their secret! They love earth made clothes so much they come here on shopping weekends. But the queens obviously wouldn't want to be seen as vein so they make it like they can't find earth lol.

I personally liked Rubys and "The Hive" queens outfits.

Comment

This is an old topic, if not very old... but by accident I found a very nice picture of Wraith finger jewellery and I thought that some people here would find it interesting

It's from The Siege, spoiler tags for size.

Spoiler:

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                                This is an old topic, if not very old... but by accident I found a very nice picture of Wraith finger jewellery and I thought that some people here would find it interesting

It's from The Siege, spoiler tags for size.

Spoiler:

Icarium
                                Ah, but is it a piece of jewelry, do they just paste it on their fingers for fun, or is it a remainder of the bug, and therefore something evolution didn't take away from them, yet?

I think the nail under it isn't coloured?

Great photo!

Comment

Working...
                                X