Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
    I thought that was pretty cool, too, but...thinking strictly in terms of feeding...isn't that a bit like throwing up?

Wraithie

Oops! Maybe that wasn't the best image choice for that comment....
    Ya. Huh. Up chuck through your hands. Or maybe it's more like drinking through a straw
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
      These are very VERY cool. I especially like the Faruda Organic Earrings. I make and sell jewellery myself as a hobbie, and I was conspiring (actually just today) to make a wraith claw ring. The only challenge is that I don't really sawder metal. I hammer out thick wire, but I'm going to try to make one and post it on the forum here.

wwii
      Oooh, nice! I'd love to see how this turns out. It sounds quite hard though, if you can't solder you might need to find some strong metal glue.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Heya - just wanted to share this with ya...

I'm wearing a 'Todd' earring today. Not as big as his - my holes are still small - but it's a 12 gauge earring (normal size are 18/20 gauge). Todd's earring looks like a 4 gauge, at least - I'm not going THAT big...don't want big holes in my ears...but might go down to a 10 g.

I have these: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...=1207931173473

Wearing these (but thinner): http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...=1207931462342

Looking for different styles - kinda hard to find. There's a style I want, but can't seem to find anywhere - a friend has them, but she got them at Hot Topic and they don't carry them anymore. *keeps looking*

EDIT: Ahhh! This is the stuff I'm looking for! https://www.organicearrings.com/wst_page4.html

das
      Awesome! I'd love to have a "Todd" earring, but I've never stretched my ears before and wouldn't (like you) want to go very big at all. I've seen a few similar earrings to his in local shops. Also quite small.

Comment

*pops into the thread and sees the large Todd and faints* OMG - I love these pics, thank you everyone. Maybe I should make a siggie with them...
        and these earings.. wow, they look so cool. Pity i have just one pair of earholes...

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
          *pops into the thread and sees the large Todd and faints* OMG - I love these pics, thank you everyone. Maybe I should make a siggie with them...
          Oh yes, you should...
          And your new banner doesn't make me cry at last
          _ _ _
          I made a sig today. Not as good as I'd like it to be but, oh well...

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
            Oh yes, you should...
            _ _ _

Icarium
            it has one of my favorite wraith, I think it's great!

Comment

Oh yes, you should...
              _ _ _

Icarium
              ooh wait a little bit - i put my siggies on rotation, the sad one is still a part of it

your new piece of art is really cool. LOVE it, especially the font. I have it too but haven't used it yet. we should make some kind or register where all wraith are in with their names given from us.

Comment

You know I realized today that there are little to no scenes with James L in season four. At least no speaking parts--boo hoo. I really really really really like him as a cutie wraith; did I say I really really really like him? I think I mentioned that hmmm. Am I wrong? Can someone clear that up for me? If so, I'll have to start a blog campaign on Joe M.'s website imploring him to let us see more of JL in season five.

wwii

Comment

Oh yes, you should...
                  _ _ _

Icarium
                  Very nice siggy Icarium. Isn't the scientist so yummy? Love the pic.

wwii

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                    we should make some kind or register where all wraith are in with their names given from us.
                    there's already a list with all the wraith names and their pictures. I can post it for you?
                    Last edited by naamiaiset; 11 April 2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Ok, so I’v been inspired by all you talented people. I’v started playing around with digital art. Only done animals so far but am going to try my hand with some wraith. Where is the best place to find screen caps? Most of the sites I’v looked at don’t have clear images, and they seem to skip the wraith and just have the main characters. Thanks for any help

masterling
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                        Ok, so I’v been inspired by all you talented people. I’v started playing around with digital art. Only done animals so far but am going to try my hand with some wraith. Where is the best place to find screen caps? Most of the sites I’v looked at don’t have clear images, and they seem to skip the wraith and just have the main characters. Thanks for any help

masterling
                        http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...s/sgacaps.html it has caps of every episode/wraith.

Comment

Wraithie - yeah, I think of the gift of life as regurgitation...throwing up what was taken before .... like in my little Todd/Steve drabble a few pages back, when Steve is feeding on Sheppard, and Todd comes up from behind and slaps him upside the head, and Steve whisks around, stomps his foot and does his little hissy fit, saying, "Why do you keep doing that?! You made me give some back!"

As far as it being like 'throwing up' - it actually makes sense. Birds (and some mammals) 'throw up', or regurgitate, their food to feed their young. And bees, of course, create honey through regurgitation. So, think of the 'gift of life' as honey...the life force, like pollen, processed through the Wraith's system and then regurgitated as the sweet gift of life into those deserving ones...

das
                          Seriously...I was being silly!

Wraithie
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
                            You know I realized today that there are little to no scenes with James L in season four. At least no speaking parts--boo hoo. I really really really really like him as a cutie wraith; did I say I really really really like him? I think I mentioned that hmmm. Am I wrong? Can someone clear that up for me? If so, I'll have to start a blog campaign on Joe M.'s website imploring him to let us see more of JL in season five.

wwii
                            James Lafazanos? He's not working for them any more! What made you think he still was? Or rather, who did? He was last seen in er, No Man's Land, I think? Or was he still in Misbegotten?

Christopher Heyerdahl portrays Todd.

Brendan Penny portrayed two Wraiths (Todd in BAMSR - since Chris Heyerdahl couldn't make it, only in the final scene, and then there's the one I call Tommy - Todd's technician who betrayed him, also in Spoils of War and Midway)

Scott Heindl played the Commander in Spoils of War and Midway, the Wraith who fed on Larrin in Travelers, and maybe more?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                              Oooh, nice! I'd love to see how this turns out. It sounds quite hard though, if you can't solder you might need to find some strong metal glue.

Awesome! I'd love to have a "Todd" earring, but I've never stretched my ears before and wouldn't (like you) want to go very big at all. I've seen a few similar earrings to his in local shops. Also quite small.
                              I've looked at Chris's and Andee's ear lobes and they don't have big holes in them. I'd say that it's faux. I've seen it before. It has front and back parts that are large, but there is a regular sized connecting post that goes through the ear. I've also seen ear and nose jewelry that gives the "pierced" look, but it's actually two magnetic. pieces which hold each other in place.

Wraithie
                              sigpic

Comment

Wraithie - yeah, I think of the gift of life as regurgitation...throwing up what was taken before .... like in my little Todd/Steve drabble a few pages back, when Steve is feeding on Sheppard, and Todd comes up from behind and slaps him upside the head, and Steve whisks around, stomps his foot and does his little hissy fit, saying, "Why do you keep doing that?! You made me give some back!"

As far as it being like 'throwing up' - it actually makes sense. Birds (and some mammals) 'throw up', or regurgitate, their food to feed their young. And bees, of course, create honey through regurgitation. So, think of the 'gift of life' as honey...the life force, like pollen, processed through the Wraith's system and then regurgitated as the sweet gift of life into those deserving ones...

das
                                A very good comparison - and honey is much more pleasant to think about!

@Risem and all: The shirt under Andee's corset top in LM looks almost like a snakeskin print, like python only smaller.

@Female wraith: I think this is a great location for the thread and I think it will bring in new people and new ideas! So we can put up with the occasional Baal stopping by to slam the Wraith.

Gateworld posted a little spoiler about Trackers:
                                Spoiler:
                                Another episode with Wraith, this time as hunters again tracking a runner. So, along with the Broken Ties episode with a Wraith trying to force Ronon to become a worshipper, it looks like we are going to see a nasty side of the Wraith in the first half of Season 5.

@ das: Yikes! I have pierced ears, but I don't think I could get those in my lobes!

BTW: It is kind of funny how the same topics come up periodically, like the gift of life as regurgitation, the finger thingies, etc.
                                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X