Teyla Emmagan/Ronon Dex Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Anyway, the chemistry in the bedroom scene was hard to ignore. I thought this would be an interesting dyad before, and now I really think it is — especially since it gives Teyla ample room for development.
    I found it interesting that when speaking to people, Ronon pretty much uses one or two words to get his point across (he doesn't totally trust us yet), but he actually sat down to "talk" to Teyla.

Also was pleased to see Teyla talk about her people for a change. TPTB's decision to not delve further into her culture has been a big mistake. I learned more about how Teyla feels about her people in that one scene with Ronon than I learned in all of season 1.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      There are some M-F platonic relationships around, but few of them have really been built up in the way that the same sex ones have. One that got some focus would be nice.
      This is precisely the reason I've never been a fan of Shep/Teyla romantically, because, for whatever reason, the dynamic of their friendship is one of my favorite parts of Atlantis. It reminds me of my relationship with many of my guy friends. Obviously, you were referring to platonic Teyla/ Dex possibilities, but I support your thought wholeheartedly in any case.

As for Teyla/ Dex... lol. I almost feel embarrassed at how speedily I jumped onto this one, but I'm already in love with these two together, from the first held-at-gunpoint on up. I think the bases of why have already been touched upon here, for the most part: Mutual respect, both resident aliens, both having an understanding of the Wraith, both warriors... it's all a good mix, to be sure.

Not sure how accurate it is, but I like the thought that TPTB would want to wait and see how things felt before committing to something. I think part of the problem a lot of Teyla cynics had with her character is that, in the beginning, she was intended to be two things (1) The Hero's piece of alien skirt, and (2) The local expert when exposition stick was needed in that arena. Well, JF and RL had absolutely no sexual chemistry whatsoever (at least not that I could feel, and believe me, I looked long and hard with unbaised eyes), and therefore the whole thing flopped flat on its face.

Whether R/T succeeds or not (and if it doesn't, no, I'm not going to scream and kick and pout), ANY ship for Teyla (and consequently Ronan, too) that treats them as characters rather than clichés has a better chance of working.

As for chemistry, well, I'm definitely feeling it, and enjoying it immensly. And no, it's not just because they're two gorgeous people who "look hot" together. Honestly, if that's how I chose who I shipped for I'd really hate this one, because I'm a tall woman who's often superficially whined about the petite women always seeming to steal the giants. No, rather, I really feel like - for whatever reason - Ronan interacting with Teyla has somehow awakened us all to things about her character that frankly I think are difficult to explain. And likewise she's serving as an excellent sounding board for him.

To sum it all up best (for me) so far, what intrigues me is this: He's very, very dangerous. Yet of all the Atlantis team, she's least afraid, and has this heart of compassion towards him that I've always loved about her.

If nothing else than, yes, I think they'll have a fantastic platonic relationship, but I see promise of a whole lot more.

Also, ShadowMaat, LOL about the silly outfits.
      Last edited by Persephone; 07 August 2005, 03:13 PM.
      "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone
        I think part of the problem a lot of Teyla cynics had with her character is that, in the beginning, she was intended to be two things (1) The Hero's piece of alien skirt, and (2) The local expert when exposition stick was needed in that arena. Well, JF and RL had absolutely no sexual chemistry whatsoever (at least not that I could feel, and believe me, I looked long and hard with unbaised eyes), and therefore the whole thing flopped flat on its face.
        I felt the whole Shep/Teyla push was rather embarrassing, and Teyla was only being used as eye candy for the fan boys, but I really got good vibes from the scenes between her and Ronon. We'll see how it pans out in the future. Seems they will have quality time together off world in "Trinity" - that should be a good way to see how they work together.

Comment

I found this intriguing fic today, Small by Sache8. I'm not sure it's outright ship but it's an interesting piece, Dex's POV on how different Teyla is to the others and his identifying with her.

Comment

I'm all for any ship that frees up John to be with Elizabeth! so GO TEYLA/REX!
            WA: Wraith Anonymous!
            and
            See if you can spot the elusive Dissie
            and
            FA: Furlings Anonymous!

Comment

Its Teyla/Dex
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Just watched the SciFi channel and Ronon is definitely hot stuff! Plus, Rachel said,
                Spoiler:
                "Is Teyla going to have a romance with John Sheppard? Or our new Ronon Dex?.

So. .
                Spoiler:
                TPTB are considering this ship
                . Sounds like it will be an interesting season.

Yeah, I like it too and not just because it smooches Teyla out of the way for the ship I want the most!

But I won't be happy until I hear either Torri or Joe say, "The producers and writers and directors have all informed us that we will have a deep, loving and lasting relationship of all levels based on mutual respect, honesty, trust, love and sexual attraction."

; ) -Bama

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                  But I won't be happy until I hear either Torri or Joe say, "The producers and writers and directors have all informed us that we will have a deep, loving and lasting relationship of all levels based on mutual respect, honesty, trust, love and sexual attraction."
                  *falls over laughing*

Yeah, THAT will happen! Right before they announce that they've seen the error of their ways and have decided to add Jonas Quinn to the Atlantis cast.

What's that? Ice skating in Hell?

Comment

After watching Duet, I think that Teyla is a bit Ronan's attachment-person. He doesn't talk really much, only with Teyla.
                    They have a lot in common... and how they are looking at each other is really lovely...
                    Spoiler:
                    Teyla even seemed a bit nervous as he entered her room....sweet

Comment

yup, I don't think that she was expecting him. ^ ^

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        Its Teyla/Dex
                        I know the world is a bit smitten with "Shex" these days. .but I still like this one. .what are we calling it? "Tex". ."Deyla". . ."Teydex".

I'm confused. *LOL*

Comment

Maybe it's just me...but all I've seen between them is a curiosity...kinda like they have things in common, but I just don't feel the "chemistry" like a love conntection....just a curiosity and ok, I found someone who may understand me...not shooting stars and all that..yet...but they are nice together.
                          Purple's Biggest Fan
                          A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

I'm going to tentatively give a thumbs up to Teyla/Dex ship. Not really a shipper - just interested in where they're going with this one.

I definitely saw chemistry in "Duet". Thank goodness. At last. I'm seeing chemistry somewhere - I was beginning to feel like I was terribly deficient in this area!

I think Ronon is definitely intrigued with Teyla and she's intrigued with him. Teyla seems to be indulgent towards the other guys - almost sisterly at times - but I'm not seeing anything "sisterly" in the glances she's giving Dex.

If doesn't hurt that these two actors look very, very good together.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

The bedroom scene was dynamite especially when he opened the door
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

I will not support ANY ship that mutilates the characters' names into some asinine amalgamation. Teyla/Dex or Dex/Teyla. They're whole and separate people, they deserve whole and separate names.

I'm sorry, but I feel very strongly about that. If this thread wants to go down that path, more power to ya, but I won't be going with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X