X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Droops
    He's already had her tied up and as a hostage
    LOL - Time to remind Droops that this is a PG forum
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Stranger relationships HAVE blossomed from such madness.
      Like Vala and Daniel. Well, not really a 'personal' relationship but more of a 'friendship'.

Comment

I don't know this could be a 'rough' relationship in the making. He's already had her tied up and as a hostage, and this week it looks like they'll be doing the stick fighting stuff.

Stranger relationships HAVE blossomed from such madness.
        mmmm...sometimes there is a fine line between love and hate. The possablities are endless.
        Purple's Biggest Fan
        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

After watching, "Duet" I did see a lot of interest between Teyla and Dex. Not necessarily "ship". . but an understanding. They are both strangers in a strange land and they have a lot in common. It was interesting the TPTB had Ronon go into her private bedroom. . where her attire was VERY casual (but would be in such an environment) to have his "apology" talk. I actually found it to be a very nice scene.

With someone for Teyla to bond with, we just might learn more of her culture as well as Ronon's. . and maybe I'll even start liking her a bit more.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

What I found so surprising about Duet was
            Spoiler:

that Dex actually went out of his way to talk with Teyla. To every other person, he was nearly non-verbal, and at times I swore he just wanted to grunt his responses instead of saying words. He actually strikes up a conversation with her, asking her stuff, and that's definately something he did with no one else.

Although at this point, its WAY TOO EARLY for them to be shipping, I'm surprised that the PTB are making such an effort to make a connection between these two characters. I suppose it would be natural, considering they're the resident aliens, but still, I certainly didn't expect them to push it so quickly. I'm still holding reservations about Dex/Teyla, but it might be more interesting than I originally gave it credit for.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
            Spoiler:
            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
              What I found so surprising about Duet was
              Spoiler:

that Dex actually went out of his way to talk with Teyla. To every other person, he was nearly non-verbal, and at times I swore he just wanted to grunt his responses instead of saying words. He actually strikes up a conversation with her, asking her stuff, and that's definately something he did with no one else.

Although at this point, its WAY TOO EARLY for them to be shipping, I'm surprised that the PTB are making such an effort to make a connection between these two characters. I suppose it would be natural, considering they're the resident aliens, but still, I certainly didn't expect them to push it so quickly. I'm still holding reservations about Dex/Teyla, but it might be more interesting than I originally gave it credit for.
              Yeah, for some reason
              Spoiler:
              I was expecting John to check up on Teyla after the sparring incident, but I though it was sweet that Dex went out on his way to apologies to her. I thought that was sweet.

Comment

Regardless of whether or not they wind up as a couple, I think the two of them have great onscreen chemistry. Very natural and built on apparent mutual respect. THAT I can definitely appreciate.

And did anyone else think that Shep came off a bit like a jealous boyfriend during the Dex/Teyla fight? He was all grumpy that she started without him... and with Dex... and he was all protective about how Dex was treating her, too. LOL! GO DEX!

Comment

I thought Dex taught Teyla a very vaulable lesson...Never let your guard down, and never let yourself be distracted. No matter what...
                  Purple's Biggest Fan
                  A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

(Did we decide whether or not this thread needs spoiler tags right now?)

Spoiler:
                    I thought the episode was interesting for these two. We got some nice development for Ronon, and I actually enjoyed seeing Teyla with him. (This is a big step for me, folks. ) I was particularly impressed by the scene in Teyla's bedroom, since Ronon didn't strike me as the type who would apologize to her.

I've been thinking about the gym scene, though, and it occurred to me that perhaps this is Ronon's way of showing respect, which is very different from John's. In The Gift, when Teyla was obviously distracted, John didn't try to beat up on her and was rather unnerved when he was so easily able to throw her around. He wanted to stop; it was she who wanted to continue. This may be reading way too much into it, but it occurs to me that Ronon would see it as more of an affront to her to go easy on her, especially when she told him not to. She let her guard down, so he took advantage of it. Apologizing for it later seemed a little strange to me, but I think it was more an excuse to talk to her and ask her why she stayed in Atlantis.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Yeah, I think it was
                      Spoiler:
                      more of a sign of respect to continue fighting than to stop and go easy on her because I think that Dex thought that it would have been like saying, 'You're really not worthy of feeling my full wrath so I'll just go easy on you' or something like that.

Comment

Shep treats her like a girl.

Ronon treats her like a warrior.

That's how I see it, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

I think more like an equal but same thing right? And I hate being treated like a girl. It's like, they're expecting you to break.

Comment

I can see it - my dad even commented in "Runner"!

Anyway I'm not a huge Teyla / Shep girl but I could see a triangle between Ronan, Teyla and Shep. Ronan offers things to Teyla that no guy on Atlantis does, 1 - someone who understands growing up with the Wraith threat 2 - he's much more primal than the military / scientist boys of Atlantis, think of it in a "Broca Divide" sense, Ronan probably give her the best offspring.

Comment

Well said. There's a level of respect when one treats another as an equal. That's what we saw here IMO.

Comment

And a very good way of seeing it that is, Shadow. Sheppard, for all his good soldier/airman qualities, is not really a warrior. He's certainly a fighter, but there's something that sets him apart from Ronon and Teyla.

Anyway, the chemistry in the bedroom scene was hard to ignore. I thought this would be an interesting dyad before, and now I really think it is — especially since it gives Teyla ample room for development.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X