Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still stuck on where these extra clothes came from. Are they trying to look more futur-ey or outer spac-ey? Remember they had to bring this stuff from present day Earth, right? The side panels don't bother me - it's more of a sports wear look. Maybe we should be looking for the nike swoosh or little adidas florette?
    "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

Originally posted by OhForCryinOutLoud
      Maybe we should be looking for the nike swoosh or little adidas florette?
      Why would we do that?
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Maybe they decided McKay needs to look like the rest of his team and gave him a dark blue/black jacket. But there still is the question - Where are all these new uni's coming from???

Lets look at The Defiant One. In that episode, Ford, Markam, and I think one other guy who's name I don't know are all wearing the new 'digi' Marine uni's. I was told those weren't put into effect until really, REALLY late last year, like November or December, but, there they are! Why in the world would an expidition team want to bundle themselves down with extra boxes of clothing that no one is even using yet??? I can understand uni changes on SG-1, they are on earth. But an expition team, in another galaxy, with no way to contact home, would NOT be getting new uni shipments. It just doesn't make any kind of sense.

I do, however, love the new uni on McKay. David Hewlett can pull off blue/black WAY better than that stupid tan.

And one last nitpick, once again from The Defiant One. If they did bring along all these differnent jackets, why not wear ones that make sense??? In this epi, Sheppard is hiding in the middle of the DESERT with a BLACK jacket. Also, this is one of the first feild tests <I think> Of McKay's new uni. So, why wouldn't you change to match your surroundings? After all, they are battling the Wraith, it would help to not be seen by them.

Thats all from the nuthouse here. Until next time.

Comment

I like the blue and grey also, it suits him much better than the beige and does let him blend in to the team, although I probably wouldn't use the words 'blend in' to describe McKay!

I think I can answer the nitpick over wearing uniforms that let them disguise themselves easily on the planet in the Defiant One. Besides the obvious comment that that would require at least another 3 complete uniform changes by my reckoning (snow, desert, jungle) to deal with possible planet conditions they might encounter, and there are really only so many uniforms you can take through a stargate, the probable reason is
          Spoiler:
          that in the Defiant One, the original mission is supposed to be set on the Jumper and possibly the Ancients' Weapons' platform or satellite, that's what they set out to investigate. It's only when they get there and find the signal that they decide to go planetside.

Oh and did I mention that I like the blue and grey on McKay???
          The stripes look good too!
          McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
          Grodin, "You can fix anything."
          McKay, "Who told you that?"
          Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot about that! Duh to me! But yes, the darker colors look WAY better on him.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Rodney would look good in just about anything

But does the inconstancies in the uniform colours bug anyone else? I was inclined to go with the tan = civilian and grey = military. Weir was an exception, but since she is the leader over both civilian and military, it makes sense (I also thought Teyla got her outfit from Weir, seeing as the jacket was a bit to big for her, and why would they bring outfits for other people not from Earth?) But now, Rodney is in grey and it throws it all off. I don't like when things like this aren't organized....oh well.

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
              "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
              The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
              "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
              Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale
                I'm pretty sure Rodney would look good in just about anything

But does the inconstancies in the uniform colours bug anyone else? I was inclined to go with the tan = civilian and grey = military. Weir was an exception, but since she is the leader over both civilian and military, it makes sense (I also thought Teyla got her outfit from Weir, seeing as the jacket was a bit to big for her, and why would they bring outfits for other people not from Earth?) But now, Rodney is in grey and it throws it all off. I don't like when things like this aren't organized....oh well.
                Or nothing...

I think that the colors mean the same thing. Beckett wears tan, and as a doctor he's a scientist. But also, before when Rodney wore the tan, he had those blue patches. Someone on this thread noticed they have zippers, like they would come out and transplant into other coats. I think the dark jacket with the blue patches is a way of coming up with a subgroup. Scientists who work with the military.

See, it's still ordered!

Comment

The thing about where they got Rodney new uniform form and for that matter Teyla's - I presume they'd bring spares - it's not like everyone will have only one uniform and they'd have to account for them wearing out or getting damaged, as happened to Rodney's tan jacket in The Storm.

And on that note I think the blue/grey jacket looks much smarter on him and helps him stick out less on missions

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    The thing about where they got Rodney new uniform form and for that matter Teyla's - I presume they'd bring spares - it's not like everyone will have only one uniform and they'd have to account for them wearing out or getting damaged, as happened to Rodney's tan jacket in The Storm.

And on that note I think the blue/grey jacket looks much smarter on him and helps him stick out less on missions
                    "Shoot one!"
                    "Which one? I can't see any of them!"
                    "The one in tan! He is quite visible!"
                    *Bang*

Yea, the blending-in thing might be a good idea...

Comment

I think that all of the scientists have both uniforms. The ones that stay on Atlantis wear the tan. McKay, since he goes off-world a lot, wears the dark one now.

I agree that the color panels, which are shaped so poorly, do show what type of scientist or military personel they are. If I was to shape them, they would be long rectangles. It brings the eye down the body as opposed to stopping at the end of the triangel.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                        I think that all of the scientists have both uniforms. The ones that stay on Atlantis wear the tan. McKay, since he goes off-world a lot, wears the dark one now.

I agree that the color panels, which are shaped so poorly, do show what type of scientist or military personel they are. If I was to shape them, they would be long rectangles. It brings the eye down the body as opposed to stopping at the end of the triangel.
                        Hmmm. You wouldn't happen to be a fashion designer, would you?

Comment

Actually...

No. I have an associates in business administration and I'm working toward my business management certificate. However, I do like to shop for clothes. Being slightly bigger then the average girl (XXL) I know about how lines and shapes make you look.

I just picture how McKay's jacket would look on me... and how I'd get it...oh it would be rather fun getting it off of him... anyway, a wide splash of blue, my favorite color, at the waist would make my waste look wider then it really is. Long blue pannels could make me look thinner.

Comment

What?! Did I scare everyone away? aww... I'm sorry..... *runs away with tears in eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                              What?! Did I scare everyone away? aww... I'm sorry..... *runs away with tears in eyes*
                              Nope but maybe the uniform change discussion has been exhausted for now.

I posted a question up about it on Joe Q&A thread, so we may get an actual official answer maybe.

Comment

That would be cool

Comment

Working...
                                X