X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
    who does their laundry?
    how do they do it?
    or is it a question that shouldn't be though of too much.
    I think that question can be lumped into the same category as wondering where their bathrooms are. That question was asked on the Behind the Stargate special.
    Last edited by Zelazny; 10 February 2005, 05:57 AM.
    Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
      What do we think of Rodney's new uniform? I wonder why he changed from the normal scientist beige.

Cuz it doesn't show the dirt as badly

Comment

Does the change in his uniform mean he got a promotion? If it does why didn't they mention it on the show.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

i dont think he can get a promotion.
          his job is outsourced through the airforce.
          he answers directly to the chiefs of staff and the president.
          atleast he did on earth.
          but anyways, as a civilian, there shouldn't be a promotion.

btw, i like the new outfit. it looks great on him
          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Actually, it is possible for him to get a promotion. There's a civilian rank structure in government jobs that approximates the military rank structure.

http://www.fedsmith.com/pay_rates/ra...ivalencies.php

Anyway, a change in rank isn't usually expressed in a change of uniform style. Personally, I'd guess the uniform change is to keep him in line with the rest of his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
              I prefer the new uniform, but did anybody wonder where it came from. Did they bring extra uniforms along and this one just happened to combine both military and scientist attributes, or does McKay also have sewing skills and put it together from two uniforms
              i was wondering this too.same thing with teyla-she has wier's "leader red" that no one else had-why would they have needed to bring 2?

IMO i think that rodney got the jacket to show that he was part of shep's team and not just some scientist.
              Last edited by corey2002; 10 February 2005, 01:41 PM.
              MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
              I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                I think he just wanted to look badass like Ford and Sheppard, so he had Atlantis' tailor make him a new uniform.
                i dont know...i have 2 theories-
                1.i have'nt had a good look at the jackets but around the colours there seems to be a zipper-maby its to put in colours or maby you can insert a cover in there to match the jacket so that it is all black/beige.
                2.maby the colors are velcro like the country flags and the atlantis logos on the arms.
                I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

yup-definately zippers-

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                    who does their laundry?
                    how do they do it?
                    or is it a question that shouldn't be though of too much.
                    there are already 2 therads about that-one is here and the other is here

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                      i dont know...i have 2 theories-
                      1.i have'nt had a good look at the jackets but around the colours there seems to be a zipper-maby its to put in colours or maby you can insert a cover in there to match the jacket so that it is all black/beige.
                      2.maby the colors are velcro like the country flags and the atlantis logos on the arms.
                      I think your right corey. Zippers would make a lot of sense and would explain how they seem to be able to make new uniforms. Maybe McKay got tired of his ugly tan uniform and switched the blue paches to a military gray jacket.

Spoiler:

Comment

Here's my theory of what each uniform color means...
                        1.) Red Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Command Civilian/Non-scientist

2.) Blue Panels on Tan Uniform = Civilian Scientist/Non-Command

3.) Blue Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Command Civilian/Scientist

4.) Green Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Military Technician/Military Scientist

5.) Black Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Tactical/Military

6.) Yellow Panels on Tan Uniform = Medical
                        And here's why I think this...
                        1) and 2) makes the most sense to me because it appears that all of the civilians that wear tan and blue are scientists, and anyone else that is a civilian wears charcoal and red (excluding medical).

3) makes sense because Rodney does seem to have some authority in Atlantis, but he is also a scientist.

To address 4), I think that the charcoal and green is military because, at least to me, the only people we've seen in that uniform acted very military and were put in more military-esque situations. Asian-American Technician (Edmond Wong) and Anglo-Canadian Console Guy (especially in The Siege, Part Two) come off very military to me.

I imagine my reasoning behind 5) and 6) is clear.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

So Tyler, would you say because he went from tan/blue to gray/blue that he got promoted from a Civilian Scientist/Non-Command to a Command Civilian/Scientist?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            So Tyler, would you say because he went from tan/blue to gray/blue that he got promoted from a Civilian Scientist/Non-Command to a Command Civilian/Scientist?
                            Either that, or he simply got a new uniform to reflect a status he already had, but just hadn't gotten around to making a uniform for. Since he might be the only Command Civilian that is also a Scientist, they may not have developed a special uniform for him, at least initially. Later on they decided (or McKay's ego demanded) that a uniform be made to reflect both his status'. I think it was a good and practical choice...plus he doesn't stand out on off-world missions.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I've just realized something! McKay has in fact worn the gray/blue uniform (or something like it) before 'The Eye'. He wore it in 'Underground' when they were going on the mission to update the Wrath data device and maybe even in 'Suspicion' when they captured Steve.

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok - so there's been plenty of discussion aobut colours of panels etc, but how about those stripes?

Does everyone miss them completely?
                                Anyway I have a cap that shows them reasonably clearly.

So far I've only seen them on Weir and McKay and so that might support the McKay as civilian 2-In-Command theory.
                                I wondered if it might be because he is Chief Scientific Officer but Beckett doesn't have them as Chief Medical Officer - so 2IC seems to fit with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X