Who is the gay character on Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    You're reading too much into it. And btw, there's a Mallozzi character on SGA. Go watch Sunday.
    yeah, there is. and since his mention was a one off to get Joe's name into a script as a joke, i sincerely doubt the character - that has never been seen - is gay.

I don't care if some think i'm reading too much into it, to your average forum viewer, they're gonna see speculation that Malozzi is gay as speculation that the better known writer/producer is who you're talking about, not a never seen character. Thus it's off limits please.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My guess would be Lorne.
      Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

Hmmm... maybe it is Carson... he's always had a certain quality, in my mind.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

I'm gonna vote for chuck.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

looks like im not the only one who thinks lorne. I love Lorne

Comment

I am going with Chuck

Comment

I'n leaning tpwards Lorne, it wouldn't make that big of a deal if he was gay, casue he's such a great character. Could be Chuck as well.
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

I agree with the majority here that its Lorne. I've suspected the possiblility since season 4's Spoilers of War and Lornes conversation with Teyla in that episode. Tho Chuck is a possiblity, but i doubt fans would generally care as much if it was Chuck, while on the otherhand there if it was Lorne there would be numerious WTF posts and threads

Comment

Yeah, I'm everything for gay characters except in SG I would hate to see the writers become stereotypical of it -- god knows they can'twrite heterosexual relatationships, I'd hate to see them mutilate a gay one .

Comment

It's totally NOT Carson. He had a canon relationship with Laura Cadman after "Duet" (they dated - you can see a calendar hanging on his wall in "Michael" that says "dinner with Cadman" on the 4th of July), and then he got a little ga-ga for Alison Porter in "Whispers". So Carson is NOT gay. Bi perhaps, but definitely NOT gay.

I voted for Lorne. Could be Chuck, I suppose, but I would tend to agree with those that said he is unlikely because, though I know a lot of people like him, the character just isn't that important.

Comment

When I first read the article I imagined Zelenka saying "I'm going home to see my boyfriend" so I voted for him, but I also think it might be Lorne.
                        Why aren't Ellis and Caldwell on the list?
                        Come to think of it, I always thought Grodin was a bit camp.
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Who is this Captain Vega? Is she another short-lived, Mallozzi-hyped side character who had less of a role than was publicized?

Also, why do we care who's gay? This is Stargate, not Battlestar Galactica, which means that a character's personal life is very little beyond an occasional source of humor. Usually any attempt by the writers to explore a character's love life has been horribly mishandled (i.e. Carter and Pete), and I hope the writers have the sense to spare themselves the embarrassment of butchering another character's development.

Comment

Originally posted by desh View Post
                            Who is this Captain Vega? Is she another short-lived, Mallozzi-hyped side character who had less of a role than was publicized
                            Another? As far as know she's the only one. Who were the others?
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              In the end, I think the first choice would probably be Lorne, simply because he's more visible, and has the larger fan following. However - that also creates a problem from the creator's standpoint. His fanbase is strongly established, and people have already developed their own opinions about the character, and those opinions will be strong ones. By suddenly revealing such an established character as gay, you really risk creating a tremendous uproar - worse than the McKeller debate.
                              This reminds me of the Dumbledore reveal... didn't he, too, have a huge fanbase? And even though people were shocked at first, most accepted it because, gay or not, it was still their favourite character.
                              (I think I sound too hopeful here; I know very well that there's a lot of people out there that wouldn't be so accepting.)
                              sigpic
                              The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

Originally posted by desh View Post
                                Who is this Captain Vega? Is she another short-lived, Mallozzi-hyped side character who had less of a role than was publicized?
                                Heh, heh -- you got that right. *g*

She's dead, so she doesn't matter -- not that she ever did.

I think the most obvious choice is Parrish. The writers like to be stereotypical, so judging by their narrow-minded expectations, it's Parrish. (Go watch 'Runner'.)

Unless they already forgot about him again. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X