No announcement yet.

Who is the gay character on Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Parrish stereotypical, if I may ask? Just because he's a bit high strung doesn't make him a 'stereotypical' homosexual.

Saying that, I did always think that him and Parrish would make a cute couple. But, you really can't tell that by Parrish's actions, only by the way that him and Lorne interacted, almost endearing toward one another in 'Runner'.

And to those who are saying 'who cares?' I get your point, I really do. It shouldn't matter all that much but it doesn't hurt to observe and speculate a bit. ^^

Lovely sig made by NewTrekker
    Thank you SG1 for ten awesome seasons!

Comment

what i find funny....and it's something that i know most of you are aware of...all gay men are not feminine in their actions. In fact, my neighbor, if i didn't know he was gay, i wouldn't. There are none of the 'gaydar' triggers.

then again, there's a person that works with my mom that enjoys being overtly and openly 'a queen' and revels in it (a name he calls himself)

It would be funny if Lorne was gay, just because he's not the cliched gay guy.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Desala View Post
        How is Parrish stereotypical, if I may ask? Just because he's a bit high strung doesn't make him a 'stereotypical' homosexual.

Saying that, I did always think that him and Parrish would make a cute couple. But, you really can't tell that by Parrish's actions, only by the way that him and Lorne interacted, almost endearing toward one another in 'Runner'.

And to those who are saying 'who cares?' I get your point, I really do. It shouldn't matter all that much but it doesn't hurt to observe and speculate a bit. ^^
        Hmm interesting, I'll re-watch Runner later on and observe ^^
        sigpic
        The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

Seriously, who cares? They will never tell us, they´ll never show anything like it. They had problems showing us a normal kiss!
          Vega is that person who was so promoted and got killed after five minutes?
          And why does Mallozzi bother tell us when they cut it out anyway?

Anyway, my vote is Kavanagh cos every other character in the poll was mentioned in some connection with an opposite sex.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Although he's on the Daedelus, and not Atlantis, how about Major Marks?

Comment

Can we have a scene like this?;

Sheppard: "Teyla has the hots for that marine over there"
              Zelenka/Lorne/Gay character: "Can you blame her?"
              *awkward silence*
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Who is the gay character on Atlantis?
                Originally posted by Lucylee View Post

My bet's on Lorne - I LOVE Lorne!
                too bad he's gay then, eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis-abydos View Post
                  This reminds me of the Dumbledore reveal... didn't he, too, have a huge fanbase? And even though people were shocked at first, most accepted it because, gay or not, it was still their favourite character.
                  (I think I sound too hopeful here; I know very well that there's a lot of people out there that wouldn't be so accepting.)
                  I've never read the Potter books, nor have I seen the movies, BUT I know of the character well enough, and - as I understand it - it was not totally unexpected...that some fans had already assumed this to be the case, which tends to make for a softer landing.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    what i find funny....and it's something that i know most of you are aware of...all gay men are not feminine in their actions. In fact, my neighbor, if i didn't know he was gay, i wouldn't. There are none of the 'gaydar' triggers.

then again, there's a person that works with my mom that enjoys being overtly and openly 'a queen' and revels in it (a name he calls himself)

It would be funny if Lorne was gay, just because he's not the cliched gay guy.
                    I have two housemates that are gay, one male, one female. The guy is incredibly camp and within ten seconds of meeting him everyone assumes he's gay (unfortunately he doesn't think he's camp at all ). If I didn't know my other housemate was gay before I met her I probably wouldn't have thought about it.
                    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      Can we have a scene like this?;

Sheppard: "Teyla has the hots for that marine over there"
                      Zelenka/Lorne/Gay character: "Can you blame her?"
                      *awkward silence*

Lovely sig made by NewTrekker
                      Thank you SG1 for ten awesome seasons!

Comment

Since Joe said regular recurring character, I picked Lorne. His was the first name that popped into my head as I read the blog. Excuse me for stereotyping but he did show his artistic side in "SUNDAY". So Lorne it is.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I voted for Shep because he's the only one that pings my gaydar. Even though he's a regular rather than recurring, so JM probably didn't mean him. But come on, that gym scene in Duet where Ronon's tossing the other guys around? There was something extremely appreciative in the way Sheppard was watching, slouched like that with the little smirk...

The only others that *might* be candidates are Grodin and Kavanagh, and they've been gone too long to be who JM probably meant.

I don't get a gay vibe from anyone else, but as others have said, it doesn't have to be obvious, so I could believe it if either Chuck or Lorne turned out to be gay. Everyone else seems very straight to me though.

I like how everyone's gotten votes except for Ronon. Seems there's no question there.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Can't be Todd because he wouldn't announce going 'back to earth' to be with his boyfriend.

So, not Todd. *whew!*

das
                            But Das, he's already been on Earth, so if Sheppard is on leave, then of course he can say that he's visiting his boyfriend again on Earth!

I voted for Lorne, but I don't really have to know. I mean, who cares? And who cares about Vega suddenly being gay? She's dead now. He over hyped her, and now he does this with her character? Pfft.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

For several years now, there has been one recurring character who, in my mind, is gay
                              i was going to say radek ....but after seeing the results of the poll ...lorne would make sense
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Something's been bothering me, why has everyone assumed that it a male character that's gay? It could be Teyla or whatsername, the doctor. Knowing the maturity level of the writers....

Comment

Working...
                                X