No announcement yet.

Who is the gay character on Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not Woolsey. Remeber the hallucination? If it was him it would have been a guy.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

The real answer is posted on the main page.
      Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Well, based on the interview, it must be Earth personnel, since I don't think any of the aliens could be described as going back anywhere. So, it must be Lorne. He's the only recurring character worthy of note that hasn't looked down Sam's top. Any of the other technicians haven't been in it enough for a "I'm going back to see my boyfriend" scene to be worth anything. No offense to the Chuck lovers, but I'm afraid he's just not that important.

Edit: Part of the answer is on the main page, but not totally.
        Last edited by Amalthea; 08 December 2008, 07:20 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
          Well, based on the interview, it must be Earth personnel, since I don't think any of the aliens could be described as going back anywhere. So, it must be Lorne. He's the only recurring character worthy of note that hasn't looked down Sam's top. Any of the other technicians haven't been in it enough for a "I'm going back to see my boyfriend" scene to be worth anything. No offense to the Chuck lovers, but I'm afraid he's just not that important.

Edit: Part of the answer is on the main page, but not totally.
          Just looked at the main page - they talk about a female character who they wrote as gay, but JM was talking about one of the guys.

Comment

Kavanaugh?

Comment

It's gotta be either Lorne or Chuck.

Zelenka has been seeing flirting a bit (Tao of Rodney) and I don't think the fans would believe it.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Again... answer on the main page. I think I like the way TPTB handled having a gay character. I really dislike it when they bang it over your head just to be politically correct (of course, I dislike it when they bang you over the head with ANY kind of political or moral message, or even a plot point that isn't political). Subtlety is everything.

I don't exactly like the "Rowling" way of doing it either though. It seems like a cheat. It would have been nice if they had given some very slight hints... but I guess TPTB aren't THAT subtle.

Edit: or IS he referring to another character besides the one on the main page? Were that the case... I suppose it would be Lorne, although that may be a little bit of a stereotype with the way he paints and everything... but oh well, what can you do?

Chuck is another possibility I suppose... but I doubt it.

Woolsey- no, I doubt they would make a man who was married gay, and he does have those dream sequences about women. So, I'd say no.

Zelenka is highly unlikely imo, he seems to have a.... erm... fascination with some of the female characters (Carter, Keller, etc.)
                Last edited by A_PophisandhisFran; 08 December 2008, 07:40 PM.
                "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Originally posted by A_PophisandhisFran View Post
                  Again... answer on the main page. I think I like the way TPTB handled having a gay character. I really dislike it when they bang it over your head just to be politically correct (of course, I dislike it when they bang you over the head with ANY kind of political or moral message, or even a plot point that isn't political). Subtlety is everything.

I don't exactly like the "Rowling" way of doing it either though. It seems like a cheat. It would have been nice if they had given some very slight hints... but I guess TPTB aren't THAT subtle.
                  JM revealed that they had already written a female character as gay.
                  (see the main page article)
                  But in the same blog, he also revealed that there is another, male recurring character, who he would have liked to reveal to be gay, and perhaps will, someday after the show is over.
                  So that is who we are speculating about, my guess would also be Lorne, but I'd get a kick out of it if were Woolsey!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    It's sorta like with Clay Aiken, yeah we did not see that one coming.
                    Aw, come on Brian. Anyone knew about Clay Aiken, it just wasn't confirmed.

Anyhoots, my bet is on Lorne. *huggles him*

Comment

While I would think Lorne, he would have difficulty as a US serviceman he would still have to fall to the don't ask don't tell policy, which would add realism for us not knowing about it.
                      why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                      Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

I said in Search & Rescue: "She's a total carpet muncher". And there I was thinking my gaydar wasn't working

But guy-wise, please let it be Shep or Lorne!!! OR BOTH!! Maybe the movie will be an 18? *dreams*

I'll shut up now...

Comment

Hmmm, what about McKay... how do we KNOW that it was Cadman who was kissing Beckett in Duet? Answer me this!
                          "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                          "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

On second thought, maybe Parrish?
                            sigpic

Comment

PARRISH. Parrish, most definately!

Oh dear. Parrish/Lorne. That's a ship I can definately get behind.

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                                Chuck!!

He would be safe to announce that he was going back to Earth to spend time with his boyfriend! Is he military or civilian?
                                he's probably bi. he is a technician so probably a civilian.
                                Lorne is too pretty to be straight all my guy friends that are handsome are gay...*sniff*

Comment

Working...
                                X