Who's your fave wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCaptain
    The wraith are quite strange, they have a boastful confidence and immense power, a superiority over others, but no egomanical streak like the goa'uld... they do not even seem to have all that much individuality. It's like they really do live to feed, not to rule or to conquer or to set up personal territories or stake claims to power. All that strength and fear is just a byproduct of their need for food (ie humans).

It's preplexing - worthy of some explanation, though really doubt we'll get it .

BTW is there a release date for the next parts of series 2 of Atlantis and series 9 of SG1, anyone know *US premier?

Capt
    Many consider the Wraith somewhat arrogant. They have an acute awareness of their abilities and the power of numbers. As such, they have a mentality that conveys invincibility, or egocentrism. Essentially, the only real need for any wraith is food. And being that the Wraith seem to be at the "top of the Pegasus food chain" so to speak, they have no real reason to be afraid of anything else. Prior to the Atlantis team's arrival, the Wraith could simply steam-roll over any planet anytime they felt like it, and face little if any real opposition. That adds up to quite an ego-trip over time.

As for the release for the second half os Season 9 (SG-1) and Season 2 (SGA) expect a date around mid-january 2006. That is when Sci-Fi uaully begins airing the next half of the season for each series.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      Many consider the Wraith somewhat arrogant. They have an acute awareness of their abilities and the power of numbers. As such, they have a mentality that conveys invincibility, or egocentrism. Essentially, the only real need for any wraith is food. And being that the Wraith seem to be at the "top of the Pegasus food chain" so to speak, they have no real reason to be afraid of anything else. Prior to the Atlantis team's arrival, the Wraith could simply steam-roll over any planet anytime they felt like it, and face little if any real opposition. That adds up to quite an ego-trip over time.

As for the release for the second half os Season 9 (SG-1) and Season 2 (SGA) expect a date around mid-january 2006. That is when Sci-Fi uaully begins airing the next half of the season for each series.
      Yes but you gotta understand, I'm looking at this from a uber-huge fan of SG1 and a growing fan of Atlantis viewpoint... there's little backstory/information on the Wraith past/psychology when you compare them with the Goa'uld, whom we've known so much about for so long. I think they could be kickstarted from a so-so interesting race of villians to the brilliant uber-nemesis that they have potential to become, if there's a little more substance to their structure and a bit more explanation for how they've come to function the way they have...

Am I going way overboard with the analysis here? Just let me know and I'll waddle off into the distance muttering cuss-words under my breath

Cheers for the info on sci-fi channel's practices... I've been circumventing our local channel down here in Oz a little bit . Channel Seven are a TERRIBLE bunch of foolz when it comes to stargate and atlantis, both of which they are more than happy to absolutely butcher with post-ponement/disinterest in getting eps out in a prompt fashion.

Capt

Comment

Mine would have to be Steve.
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
          Mine would have to be Steve.
          are you sure about that.
          I changed my mind, maybe bob, no i changed my mind again, defaintly the defiant one. He had a whole episode centred around him

Comment

Going for the obvious here: Any dead Wraith

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              are you sure about that.
              I changed my mind, maybe bob, no i changed my mind again, defaintly the defiant one. He had a whole episode centred around him
              Yes I am sure.
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

The wraith that was eating in condemned *sighs* what a dreamboat. did i just wright that!?!...err... beer! lumberjacks! phew thats better.
                Mercy is the mark of a great man *stab* maybe im just a good man *stab* well im okay

Amanda Waller: Bruce's DNA was easy enough to obtain. He left it all over town.
                [Terry raises eyebrow]
                Amanda Waller: Not remotely what I meant.

Comment

Steve! Steve! Steve!

Comment

Oh yes Steve and Shawn (the Condemned one) -kudos to James Lafazanos

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                      Going for the obvious here: Any dead Wraith
                      Cute... nice one

Capt

Comment

Yes but you gotta understand, I'm looking at this from a uber-huge fan of SG1 and a growing fan of Atlantis viewpoint... there's little backstory/information on the Wraith past/psychology when you compare them with the Goa'uld, whom we've known so much about for so long. I think they could be kickstarted from a so-so interesting race of villians to the brilliant uber-nemesis that they have potential to become, if there's a little more substance to their structure and a bit more explanation for how they've come to function the way they have...
                        Capt
                        Remember that we didn't know that much about the gao'uld until about season 3 or 4 in SG-1. I'm going to assume the same will hold true for the Wraith.

Comment

I'd have to pick the guy in the defiant one as my favorite since he was the only one I ever actively rooted for to win. I laughed when he opened up with the 9mm to, and when he punked out Sheppard with the shield generator.

And like I've said before, anybody that requires an orbital strike to stop has got my respect.

Also sometimes the hive keeper makes me think strange thoughts.

Comment

Just out of interest, there really are only three classes of Wraith out there that we've been introduced to, right? The hive queens, the 'officers' (ie wraith in black suits, no 'helmets' or 'heavy weapons'- for the most part) and the 'troopers', that's it?

And are there wraith names or any leaders of stature within their heirarchy, does anyone know? There has been no episode so far dealing with this issue that I may have missed, as far as gateworlder out there knows, correct?

Thanks, if anyone can get back to me on this that would be great.

Capt
                            I think shawn must be very important but as not as important as the hive queen as he still had to provide. The keepers are probably below the hive queen but still very important, they probably just run the ship while the hive queen and most of the other wraith hibernate. This is supported by the keeper saying that she and the other wraith awake on tha hive ship were just caretakers of those that sleep. Lost boys
                            Spoiler:
                            The one that talked to Dex seemed important too and he wore diff stuff from the other wraith with scales, maybe he works just under the queen?
                            I think their heirarchy is more complex than it seems and if they don't have names, they must be something similar instead. How can they tell each other apart otherwise? It would be weird if they don't have names but you never know.
                            sigpic

Comment

i would have to go with Bob
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                                How can they tell each other apart otherwise? It would be weird if they don't have names but you never know.
                                maybe they tell each other apart by scent (like dogs). imagine a wraith, you know...

Comment

Working...
                                X