No announcement yet.

Forever on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing is more logical than the almighty dollar.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It all boils down to

Show costs $$$$ to make
      show makes $$$ in ratings

Does the show get enough ratings or critical acclaim or awards to make it worth keeping on the air?

Yes it stays.
      No it dies.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
        Methinks sometimes these accountants, who decide what to produce and what to cancel, have as much insight into what constitutes excitement and entertainments as a turkey excitedly waiting to see what it can expect for Christmas dinner. There's a distinct lack of logic in some of these decisions and one has to wonder if they think hard and long about an issue and then flip a coin. I've watched rocks having more response to public opinion than these gobblers.
        They did respond to public opinion, as measured by their viewing choices. Not enough people chose to watch the show, so they cancelled it.
        The real problem is that the viewing audience seems to prefer crap over a good show.

Comment

A lot of the time it is simply a matter of a show being on the wrong time or night, with the wrong type of promotion, or lack of promotion. Since I liked Forever I paid attention to what the network was doing, and even though the ratings were lacking it seemed someone at the network liked it. During another show's hiatus they repeated Forever on Wednesdays for several weeks, as well as sometimes on Saturday. The only thing they didn't do was move the initial broadcast to another night, but these days there is no real ideal time for some shows, because there is conflict for viewers on most nights. It also didn't help that its lead-in, Agents of SHIELD, while better this season than last, continually lost viewers throughout the season.

Comment

Just saw the last episode when he is about to tell his detective partner the truth and he has his 2000 year old nemesis on ice. Top episode promising so much and then phhhhhtttt.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
              Just saw the last episode when he is about to tell his detective partner the truth and he has his 2000 year old nemesis on ice. Top episode promising so much and then phhhhhtttt.
              I'm just glad we got a tolerable conclusion to the show. Could have been a cliffhanger that would never be resolved.

Comment

I guess some things don't last, Forever.
                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                X