No announcement yet.

Forever on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that Forever is canceled (there's an irony for you), but I'll finish out the season. I've found it's a relaxing, feel-good show.

It seems like every time there's a series about an immortal finding his way in the world, the show is canceled after the first season. Blood Ties*, Moonlight, New Amsterdam, and now Forever. AFAIK, nothing's caught on since the eighties and nineties. I enjoyed all of those shows, and they all failed to secure renewals.

Well, crap, now I'm sad.

*Blood Ties was technically two seasons, but all 22 episodes aired in 2007.

Comment

I'm hoping that the rest of ABC's shows do so poorly that they consider giving Forever another season to catch on, and also move it to Friday night. It doesn't matter to me when it is on, I will either watch it live or on Hulu. I'm still liking it, and I hope we are close to the point that his secret is revealed to someone else, even if it isn't Jo.

Comment

There's a new movie or something pretty much swiping Forever's story....woman crashes a car into a river and wakes up immortal.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          There's a new movie or something pretty much swiping Forever's story....woman crashes a car into a river and wakes up immortal.
          That would be The Age of Adaline.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
            That would be The Age of Adaline.
            I might watch the movie, but it'll provide a mere two hours of entertainment. I want years of storyline, dammit, years! *pouts*

Comment

Drat. How many more episodes will there be now?
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Tonight's is Episode 18, so four more after that. I can't imagine ABC will pull it at this point of the season.

Comment

Hope it gets a good finale.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    Probably depends upon how far in advance they shoot the show. As far back as December, it has been called a "dead show walking" by many. So if they shot months in advance, they may have expected a renewal, and wrote based on that. So we might get an unresolved cliffhanger. If, on the other hand, they write a few weeks before air, they might know that they're doomed, and write a good ending.

Comment

The average show shoots about one month in advance, no more than two. That's why shows canceled almost immediately have only had time to shoot six or seven episodes at most. The exception would usually be mid-season replacements, which normally have the chance to film all of their initial order before broadcast.

I expect at least a semi-resolution on revealing his secret to at least one other character, while still leaving it open for a continuation just in case. With last night's reveal of a possible way to end the curse, they could have Henry shoot himself with the gun, but cut away before we could learn if his "death" is permanent or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        These useally get a great gliffhanger endings as useal with fantacy scifi shows that are good but somehow they get canceled.
                        The best one was with the show name i dont remember but the ending was teleporting new planet on orbiit
                        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                          These useally get a great gliffhanger endings as useal with fantacy scifi shows that are good but somehow they get canceled.
                          The best one was with the show name i dont remember but the ending was teleporting new planet on orbiit
                          The Event, to say I was pissed off that we didn't get a resolution is a minor understatement.

Comment

I loved this week's ending. (1x20)

Spoiler:
                            Jo is about to tell Henry that the reason she didn't go to Paris with Isaac is because she wants to go there with Henry. OMG. It's about to happen. Jo-Henry is gonna be a thing. Her mouth opens. Sound is about to come out.... And Abe enters the room. He can't wait to tell Henry the news about finding mom's resting place. The perfect, precious moment shatters. Jo leaves the two of them to talk.

Why do I love the ending? Because it's so much like real life. Those magical moments are so easily derailed. The moods that make them possible are easily shattered. Yes, those perfect moments occur. But they are also easily interrupted.
                            Good episode.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I wasn't surprised to see motion in that direction at all. Totally expected the two of them to get together. Unfortunately, they had best get moving quickly or they're going to face a far ruder interruption than Abe - I do not expect this show will get another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I wasn't surprised to see motion in that direction at all. Totally expected the two of them to get together. Unfortunately, they had best get moving quickly or they're going to face a far ruder interruption than Abe - I do not expect this show will get another season.
                                Yikes, I forgot about the looming cancellation.

Comment

Working...
                                X