No announcement yet.

Forever on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main competition is Person of Interest and Chicago Fire...both adventure, PoI with a dash of scifi.

As much as I like Forever, it's a lot like Castle, just with the immortality twist. I find it fun, enjoyable and interesting but there's not a large 'wow, unique' aspect to it. It can be pretty formulamatic, which may be its biggest weakness.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think Sky hit it best with her first part. NBC and CBS have fairly successful shows so its hard to compete.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        The main competition is Person of Interest and Chicago Fire...both adventure, PoI with a dash of scifi.

As much as I like Forever, it's a lot like Castle, just with the immortality twist. I find it fun, enjoyable and interesting but there's not a large 'wow, unique' aspect to it. It can be pretty formulamatic, which may be its biggest weakness.
        The problem with regular tv stations is that they like to do formulamatic because that usually helps a show. The masses don't always flock to these kind of shows though.

I love Forever. I don't watch the shows it competes against so can't compare them. I have seen the ads and Person of Interest does looks way more interesting than Chicago Fire for me at least. It's too bad there has to be such competition for tvs shows on such an outdated system to determine who watches what.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
          I have seen the ads and Person of Interest does looks way more interesting than Chicago Fire for me at least.
          Person of Interest is nothing short of brilliant.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Has it returned from winter break yet?
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Person of Interest or Forever?
              Both have new episodes although they took a break this week due to the state of the union speech

I think they're both back next week, along with Chicago Fire

I second the recommendation for PoI. It's a great show with some wonderful characters and tight writing.
              Chicago Fire is also fun to watch. Sometimes, for my taste, it gets a bit too much into the characters' personal lives, but it is pretty good.

sigpic

Comment

I initially stopped watching PoI after a few episodes, mainly because I didn't care for Jim Caviezel's character. Later I lucked out on a very cheap copy of the first season in a DVD/BD combo pack, and I watched it in very quick order. Then I went looking for the second season and got it for a low price as well. There are a few places in which you have to employ suspension of disbelief in huge measures, but overall it's pretty good. Now I have my eyes on the third season on eBay and will get that in due time.

Comment

Season 3 will likely be out this summer.

sigpic

Comment

I bought S3 of POI on DVD last fall
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Season 3 will likely be out this summer.
                      No, it will be Season 4 that will come out this summer, 3 was out last year. What I meant was that I haven't purchased it yet but have my eye on a few listings on Ebay at the moment.

Comment

ah, got confused, thanks

sigpic

Comment

gonna check this show out today

and yeah Person of Interest is amazing best show on tv atm
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Get while the getting is good. I like this show, but according to everything I've read, it's basically a dead show walking.

Comment

It has been a very long time since ABC has had a hit in the Tuesday 10pm time slot, but at least they gave Forever a full season to prove itself. I just hope the writers don't try to leave it too open-ended, since it is not likely to return. My main hope is that they don't wait until the last episode for him to reveal his secret to Jo.

Comment

Hope the finale is two- part.

Spoiler:
                                So Adam helped Abe learn about his birth parents. That was kind. Not sure how the NYPD could explain/ close that Julian bloke's murder after what Lucas found.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X