• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that's it:

Spoiler:
    Enemy vanquished.
    Secret revealed.
    The end.

The episode was rushed, but at least the main story was given an end of sorts. I feared it would be an ordinary episode that ignored the inevitability of series cancellation.

Comment

I was so hoping this would get another chance, did it definitely get the ax?

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
        I was so hoping this would get another chance, did it definitely get the ax?
        I too wish it would get another season, but as far as I can tell it's been a dead show walking since about December of last year. tvbythenumbers' cancellation bear gives it 0% chance of renewal.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/395695/

We should know by next week at this time.

Comment

Has this show been definitely cancelled? There's much on the chatter about Season 2 spoilers. Where does it suggest its been cancelled. I actually think its a good show and Ioan Gruffudd ex Hornblower series is superb in his role.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
            Has this show been definitely cancelled?
            There's no official announcement, but as Annoyed wrote above, Forever has been a "Dead Show Walking" for months. The viewing numbers sentence the series to cancellation.

Is renewal possible? Yes, technically, in the same way that it's possible an alien race will descend on Earth next week. It's possible but extraordinarily unlikely.

Okay, not quite that bad. Behind the scenes, one of the new, planned series could fall apart, thereby creating an opening for one of the several series that face imminent cancellation. Then, the ABC executive in charge of the decision could have a child who swears that Forever is his most favorite TV series of his entire life. "Pleeeeaase don't cancel it, Daddy!"

So you see, renewal is possible. I'd love it, but I won't bet on it.

Comment

The only way I see this continuing is if a small budget cable network such as USA, SyFy, or similar picks it up. That model could work, too. It's not a high cost production (but I bet Alana De La Garza and Judd Hirsch might be too expensive, might have to recast Abe & Jo Martinez) and a small budget cable network might be happy with the ratings this pulls.

IF that happens, I just hope to hell it's not a repeat of what happened when CBS dropped "Airwolf" in the mid-eighties and USA picked it up. I'm still trying to unwatch that 30 years later. Unfortunately, I can still remember it.

Comment

It's official. As expected, Forever has been cancelled.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/forever-...bc-1201422698/

It was good while it lasted.

Comment

Shame, it was a good series.

Comment

*sigh* Will miss the show.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'll miss the show too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I actually looked forward to seeing it.

They shouldn't have put it on Tuesday. Already too much on there as competition.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not happy.

Comment

Finally saw the last episode...

Spoiler:
                            So, is Henry truly immortal now? Wish we got to see Henry explain to Jo about the curse. What happened to Adam? Did the murders get solved? Where is the dagger now? Does Henry have it?
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              Finally saw the last episode...

Spoiler:
                              So, is Henry truly immortal now? Wish we got to see Henry explain to Jo about the curse. What happened to Adam? Did the murders get solved? Where is the dagger now? Does Henry have it?
                              Spoiler:
                              1: unknown. The theory about being killed by the same weapon that killed him the first time has been disproven, but that doesn't mean there isn't some other way he can die for good.

2: I would have liked to see how long Jo took to accept the truth as well.

3: Henry used his knowledge of medicine and a syringe to incapacitate, but not kill Adam. He injected air into Adam's bloodstream? in a way that formed an embolism (bubble) that pressed against some part of Adam's brain, paralyzing him. He's alive, but a prisoner in his own mind, unable to communicate.

4: I *think* the NYPD has it, but I'm not sure.

EDIT after rewatch:

It was last seen at Adam's feet before he walked towards Henry to attack him. Henry vanished after the fight because he was fatally wounded, respawning in the river. Adam stumbled off a short distance before the air injected into his bloodstream paralyzed him. Neither of them returned to the spot it was last seen at. So I have to assume that NYPD CSI investigators found it where Henry had thrown it at Adam's feet.
                              Last edited by Annoyed; 16 May 2015, 06:35 PM. Reason: Edit after rewatch

Comment

Methinks sometimes these accountants, who decide what to produce and what to cancel, have as much insight into what constitutes excitement and entertainments as a turkey excitedly waiting to see what it can expect for Christmas dinner. There's a distinct lack of logic in some of these decisions and one has to wonder if they think hard and long about an issue and then flip a coin. I've watched rocks having more response to public opinion than these gobblers.

Comment

Working...
                                X