No announcement yet.

Forever on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like just speculation that it's cancelled. No official word that I can find.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Unless ABC actually says so, it's not cancelled.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Thats like waiting for your parents saying their is no water when you live in a desert.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Forever is one of those shows that I can take or leave. Basically, I watch it on DVR when nothing else is on.

Comment

Unless it shows up at the peoples choice awards or has a massive ratings uptick, I don't think its future is very long

Honestly, Tuesday is a bad night. Too much competition. Person of Interest, Chicago Fire and the cable shows haven't even started their new seasons yet.

Wednesday night, Thursday night, some night when it isn't competing against two strong other shows
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Tuesday night competition would NCIS, I think. Though that might not be the right time slot.

Perhaps it would because more popular if it switched days.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Well, I do hope they do something to bring its ratings up so it can survive.

Comment

After seeing the ABC cross over commercial for "men at 10" with Castle, I was hoping for a cross over episode, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                    After seeing the ABC cross over commercial for "men at 10" with Castle, I was hoping for a cross over episode, oh well.
                    Haven't seen that ad. That would be a good crossover, though.

I just hope Forever lives long enough for someone ( female cop partner ?) figures out that something's not right with him.

Comment

I've been enjoying Forever, but it's not a high priority. It may not get a second season but they've given it a full season this year, and the way I see it the network likes it and is trying to promote interest. A week or so ago, they had a three episode marathon, although I can't recall which night that was on, it may have been a Saturday. They are also scheduling repeats on Wednesdays at 9 (central time) while Nashville is on hiatus. If it gets renewed, I will bet the second season will be different, with him on the run because his secret has been revealed, and Jo would be with him or maybe still on the force but helping him as much as she can. That's how I would do it, since the police procedural angle of the show is my least favorite part.

Even though it has been mentioned elsewhere, no one here has drawn a comparison to 2008's New Amsterdam, so I guess not many remember that one or ever saw it. In that show, John Amsterdam knew the reason behind his immortality, while Henry doesn't and is trying to figure it out. As for why he returns in a body of water, I assume that is because that is where he first died, and now he comes back in the nearest body of water to him when he dies. We have no idea if that is the same case with "Adam." His reappearances could be totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                        I've been enjoying Forever, but it's not a high priority. It may not get a second season but they've given it a full season this year, and the way I see it the network likes it and is trying to promote interest. A week or so ago, they had a three episode marathon, although I can't recall which night that was on, it may have been a Saturday. They are also scheduling repeats on Wednesdays at 9 (central time) while Nashville is on hiatus. If it gets renewed, I will bet the second season will be different, with him on the run because his secret has been revealed, and Jo would be with him or maybe still on the force but helping him as much as she can. That's how I would do it, since the police procedural angle of the show is my least favorite part.

Even though it has been mentioned elsewhere, no one here has drawn a comparison to 2008's New Amsterdam, so I guess not many remember that one or ever saw it. In that show, John Amsterdam knew the reason behind his immortality, while Henry doesn't and is trying to figure it out. As for why he returns in a body of water, I assume that is because that is where he first died, and now he comes back in the nearest body of water to him when he dies. We have no idea if that is the same case with "Adam." His reappearances could be totally different.
                        It's been a few years since I watched New Amsterdam. Wasn't John a vampire?

Comment

Originally posted by txlucky1 View Post
                          It's been a few years since I watched New Amsterdam. Wasn't John a vampire?
                          No. He was awarded his immortality through a spell by an Indian shaman for saving his or her life during the Dutch occupation of those territories.

Comment

Oh yes......New Amsterdam! I didn't mind that show. Every time I see the actor on "Game of Thrones" I think of that show. Gosh, his name escapes me now! (ETA: Nickolaj Coster-Waldau)

Although, Forever did remind me of "Moonlight" except for the vampire part. I saw this show after "Dancing with the Stars" on a Monday.......in Castle's time slot. I guess that was to get the lead-in from DWTS until it moved to another night?
                            Last edited by iheartshep; 06 January 2015, 05:41 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                              No. He was awarded his immortality through a spell by an Indian shaman for saving his or her life during the Dutch occupation of those territories.
                              Oh that's right. I was confusing it with another series.

Comment

I wonder if part of the problem with this shows ratings is that it reminds people of their own mortality, and therefore they don't want to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X