No announcement yet.

Lost Girl (2010) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season two starts tomorrow here in Canada (watching on Showcase).

While the background on Bo and her movement through the Fae world is interesting, I gotta admit that I'm finding the supporting characters much more interesting. Kenzi, Trick and Saskia (when she's on) make the show.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Totally LOVING the fist eppy of S2..... but how could they do that to Bo and Dyson!!! i mean DAMN!! Just..... DAMN MAN!!! My shipper heart breaks a lil bit..... but at least Bo still has Doc hot pants... so all is good!
      sigpic

Comment

No new posts since ep one?

Am enjoying the series so far.

Spoiler:
        The new Ash is a bit of a but head (and i like the whole tree names and warrior names thing). Black Thorn and the council suspecting Trick of being the blood king could get interesting. And LOL at the Btownie wearing all their clothes.
        sigpic

Comment

So basically it's about a show about people who'll do anything anyone anywhere anytime, or the four As. I had enough of that with Torchwood. Sorry, but that kind of thing's not my cup of tea and I won't watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
            So basically it's about a show about people who'll do anything anyone anywhere anytime, or the four As. I had enough of that with Torchwood. Sorry, but that kind of thing's not my cup of tea and I won't watch it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
              Well, the sex stuff aside (which, IMHO, is probably just 'fan service' or to attract more viewers or something. I personally don't much care for it, but it won't stop me from watching), the story and characters are quite well done (as w/ an above poster, I do like the supporting characters more than the main character, tho').

Also, it kinda reminds me of the Changeling setting for the old World of Darkness RPG (or the oWoD setting in general).

Re: the brownie
              Hehehe, yeah, he was cool. I kinda expected that he'd do something...but not 'that'.

Re: the Ash
              I'd say he's 'interesting'. I don't think he'll end up being a full on 'bad guy', but more of a 'politician' (shades of grey and all that)
              And, yeah, the tree names thing was kinda cool, too.
              sigpic

Comment

The show does have a tendency to insert sex into a scene or concept more than is really warranted (which is sort of funny sometimes) but the premise is still very interesting without it. The characters are something you're mileage may vary on but I think so far they've been OK this season. The parts of them I liked are better and the parts that bothered me aren't quite as tiresome so far.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Have we pointed out that Lost Girl season 2 was picked up for more episodes? We are getting a total of 22!

I love the tag "Everyone has Vampires We've got a Succubus"! I saw it on the bottom of my screen while watching Haven on Showcase for the promo for Lost Girl.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Its about a succubus. There is going to be sex or sexuality, its not fan service or sex for the sake of sex, its what she is.
                    sigpic

Comment

Most of the sex is still inserted in unnecessarily, to the point where it becomes almost laughable. But that's just how the show works. You get used to it.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Well this episode took the longest time airing but, in my view it was probably the best one so far this season. We finally get to see more of Lauren's story and the Dark Fae leadership. One of the things that stood out the most to me for some reason was that the musical score almost seemed to be slightly reminiscent of Farscape for just a second in one scene when Lauren and Bo were lying in bed together. Overall I'm more excited to see the next episodes coming up now than before.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I love this series! I started watching a week ago, watched all 21 aired eps, currently HOOKED. It makes me so happy, never felt like this from a show since SG-1 back in the day.

I love the characters - namely Kensi. Sometimes though the continuity between eps kinda sucks, and apparantly Showtime are a crappy network? I mean by this season they pushed back episode 6 so many times, and when they were going to air it, aired a repeat instead by 'mistake'

And I'v enoticed they cut to ad breaks a lot in mid sentence...

Anyway, glad Syfy have bought the rights to air it in the US; I hope this means it's definately picked up for a 3rd season. I want this show to continue for as long as possible!

Comment

I loved sunday's episode!! It was and Kensi is so MY FAVE!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

hehehe, yeah. funny episode. when I saw 'that' happen, I was like
                              Spoiler:
                              "No! A body swap episode?!?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                                hehehe, yeah. funny episode. when I saw 'that' happen, I was like
                                Spoiler:
                                "No! A body swap episode?!?"

that;s whats great about this show
                                somehow they manage to make even the most overly rehashed idea fun enough to work

Comment

Working...
                                X