Lost Girl (2010) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    It's about a bisexual succubus. That's disgusting.
    oh, ok. I wouldn't recommend the show for you.

Succubus always reminds be of the movie "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou". ""WE THOUGHT YOU WUZ A TOAADDDD.....". "they loved him up and turned him into a horny toad!" hehe Great modern interpretation of "The Odyssey". One of my most loved movies of all time.

Comment

A succubus is basically a demon. If the main character was trying to stop a succubus, OK... might be interesting. A succubus as the protagonist? There's no such thing as a "good" demon.

Comment

A succubus is basically a demon. If the main character was trying to stop a succubus, OK... might be interesting. A succubus as the protagonist? There's no such thing as a "good" demon.
        How about a good Vampire? You ever watch Angel, or Forever Knight? Lost Girl has a similar feel. The "evil" being with a soul out to help the underdog. The internal conflict of intrinsic good or evil. I find this POV fantasy intriguing.

Comment

I saw a few episodes of Angel out of sheer curiosity. I hated the concept. If someone was a good vampire, they wouldn't be a vampire, they'd just be a person. I never saw Forever Knight.

I follow Christianity, so to me, the concept of a good "evil person" is downright ludicrous at best. Either you're good or you're evil, you can't be both. You can be a saved sinner, though, but that's an entirely different concept.

My bottom line is this... I don't like any story that tries to portray a good demon.

Comment

I saw a few episodes of Angel out of sheer curiosity. I hated the concept. If someone was a good vampire, they wouldn't be a vampire, they'd just be a person. I never saw Forever Knight.

I follow Christianity, so to me, the concept of a good "evil person" is downright ludicrous at best. Either you're good or you're evil, you can't be both. You can be a saved sinner, though, but that's an entirely different concept.

My bottom line is this... I don't like any story that tries to portray a good demon.
            *waves to a fellow Christian* Honey you stay true to yourself. I guess for me I see it as total fantasy. The whole this can't be real thing. Plus I was raised on Wizard of Oz and after that I craved the unbelievable.

Comment

I am totally enraptured with this TV show and I bet S2 will be better!! Can;t wait for it!
              Last edited by AresLover452; 25 May 2011, 05:34 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

why does the protagonist has to be "good"?

evil is a point of view, as long as you support a character's objectives and respect their motives, one can let slide their evil doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

evil is a point of view, as long as you support a character's objectives and respect their motives, one can let slide their evil doing.
                  I love how Bo doesn't want to chose a side, Light or Dark. she wants freedom. I think she is a very good main character and it doesn't matter that she's a Succubus! Just makes it more interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is a very good question. If you go by the Holy Bible, there can only be two sides: God and Lucifer. I just like stories where the protagonist is the good guy, I want good to triumph over evil every time, even if that's not realistic. It's how it should be. Evil is a point of view? No, evil is what God is not. One should never let evil slide by. One should always shine light on evil so that others may know what it truly is and walk the brighter path.

I will admit, I do like dark stories, but for me... it's all about the struggle from dark to light.

Comment

Evil is a point of view? No, evil is what God is not. One should never let evil slide by. One should always shine light on evil so that others may know what it truly is and walk the brighter path.
                      and yet even God is responsible for countless deaths with his wrath as depicted in the bible
                      this would be considered evil if it wasn't attributed to God
                      so you see evil IS a point of view

Comment

Either you're good or you're evil, you can't be both.
                        The problem with that though, is that it's completely out of touch with reality.

Comment

well with christianity and with how God is, there is good in everything and one is meant to pray for the bad so they do turn good and truthfully ask for forgiveness and follow Him and believe in Jesus. the there cant be a good this or that won't work with God. it is not how he is. look at all the time God is giving Lucifer to ask for forgiveness. we know because what is in the bible that he won't change. God believes there is a chance for it even with him. the forgiveness extends to the angels that were fallen as well. though we do not know if any of them sincerely asked for forgiveness and were brought back into the fold. or at least i forgot if it is anywhere in the bible. but yeah, everyone has the capacity for good no matter how evil or bad they are supposed to be or what evil deeds they've done in the past.

Comment

and yet even God is responsible for countless deaths with his wrath as depicted in the bible
                            this would be considered evil if it wasn't attributed to God
                            so you see evil IS a point of view
                            Yes, God has been responsible for countless deaths with his wrath as depicted in the Holy Bible. You say this would be considered if it wasn't God doing the killing. What about the U.S. Military. Should we dismantle that? The point is, there are always going to be evil people in the world. In Biblical times, if God wiped out a whole people, it was a cleansing. Obviously, if there were a few good people who got taken out with everyone else, they'd have been called home to Heaven. It would be like nuking a city fallen to a plague deadly enough to wipe out all life on Earth. Do you stand by and let the plague bring human extinction because maybe three people aren't infected?

You say evil is a point of view. I say evil is the absence of God.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            The problem with that though, is that it's completely out of touch with reality.
                            Bold declaration. Why is it? If evil is a point of view, anyone could do anything, because it's just a point of view, right? One man's evil is another man's way of life, so everyone can do whatever they want... right? There has to be a supreme authority, and no man nor woman on this Earth will ever be holy enough to be in such an authoritarian position. There is God, the creator; and there is Christ, the savior. That's it.

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                            well with christianity and with how God is, there is good in everything and one is meant to pray for the bad so they do turn good and truthfully ask for forgiveness and follow Him and believe in Jesus. the there cant be a good this or that won't work with God. it is not how he is. look at all the time God is giving Lucifer to ask for forgiveness. we know because what is in the bible that he won't change. God believes there is a chance for it even with him. the forgiveness extends to the angels that were fallen as well. though we do not know if any of them sincerely asked for forgiveness and were brought back into the fold. or at least i forgot if it is anywhere in the bible. but yeah, everyone has the capacity for good no matter how evil or bad they are supposed to be or what evil deeds they've done in the past.
                            Excellent contribution, especially the bold part. This is why I love dark stories where people must journey from darkness to light. These stories serve as moral tales to people. We must be reminded that all human life is very important; that even the worst of us can have a change of heart and be as strong, loving, and forgiving as the best of us.

I'm sorry if I derailed the thread, I was just voicing my problems with the protagonist being a succubus.

Comment

Bold declaration. Why is it?
                              Because good and evil people patently don't exist, everyone is capable of what we would consider good and evil.

If evil is a point of view, anyone could do anything, because it's just a point of view, right? One man's evil is another man's way of life, so everyone can do whatever they want... right?
                              Isn't that reality? There's no governing ethics in the world beyond the ones we set for ourselves. Morality is a human construct.

There has to be a supreme authority, and no man nor woman on this Earth will ever be holy enough to be in such an authoritarian position.
                              Why does there have to be a supreme authority?

There is God, the creator; and there is Christ, the savior. That's it.
                              Because some random bronze-age mythology says so? Not good enough I'm afraid.

Comment

this thread is veering off topic but the bottom line is
                                yes the Faye prey on humans, but even among Faye there are those who protect humans vs. those who treat them as cattle.
                                the protagonist is looking to be somewhere in the middle and is fighting for her freedom
                                so I do find her enjoyable even if she sucks the life out of humans every now and then

Comment

Working...
                                X