Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Event
    - 3.850 million viewers
    - 2.5/4 HH
    - 1.1/3 A18-49

Comment

Naive of me or not, I would love for this show to get a second season. It isn't the best show out there, but it is very enjoyable.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Naive of me or not, I would love for this show to get a second season. It isn't the best show out there, but it is very enjoyable.
        Not going to happen. This numbers are in cable territory. Thats how bad they are which is unfortunate because I like The Event
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Not going to happen. This numbers are in cable territory. Thats how bad they are which is unfortunate because I like The Event
          I know, it just sucks. It seems like shows are having an even harder time making it these days. It makes me want to not even get into new shows.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I like the Event,too. It was up against SGU this Monday so for me, SGU comes first-but I watched the Event online yesterday on the NBC site.
            Spoiler:
            Not sure about Sophia's complete turn-around-I mean I know her son (Thomas ) was killed, and she's grieving-but I find it hard to believe that she would suddenly support genocide of billions of people. Is there no other habitable planet in the area they could settle?
            and WTH with Dempsey killing himself? Is Sean the new sentinel now?

Comment

I have not seen the episode yet but I have a read a few spoilers.

Spoiler:

From what I have read in Demsey office he certainly dead.

An the info in his office suggests that Sean will take his place. It also point to the fact that Dempsey been, following sean for quite sometime. Also it say something about treatments that need to be prepare for Sean.

So yes I am thinking he will become part of sentinel.

The scrolls in the office make me suspect the sentinels are human through, just a gang that remembers the first arrival of Sophia people on Planet Earth. So it questionable whether he will be transform into anything at all. The treatment may also be some sought of vaccine against what ever Sophia going to unleash on the world.

I do think the president wife is either a sentinel or a sleeper, I am leaning towards the second option but the first would be more interesting.

I do not think there time to look. I got the feeling her people primary interstellar travel is sub light. An they need to build a portal at each end to enable faster than light travel between two star systems. Or other wise they could just walk through the portal instead of having to use a vessel. I suspect the use of the portal like we have seen so far can only be use over short range distances.

Of cause Dempsey may have a plan to save both species, the scroll contains some ancient wisdom, so perhaps that hold the key to both our species survival.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                I have not seen the episode yet but I have a read a few spoilers.

Spoiler:

From what I have read in Demsey office he certainly dead.

An the info in his office suggests that Sean will take his place. It also point to the fact that Dempsey been, following sean for quite sometime. Also it say something about treatments that need to be prepare for Sean.

So yes I am thinking he will become part of sentinel.

The scrolls in the office make me suspect the sentinels are human through, just a gang that remembers the first arrival of Sophia people on Planet Earth. So it questionable whether he will be transform into anything at all. The treatment may also be some sought of vaccine against what ever Sophia going to unleash on the world.

I do think the president wife is either a sentinel or a sleeper, I am leaning towards the second option but the first would be more interesting.

I do not think there time to look. I got the feeling her people primary interstellar travel is sub light. An they need to build a portal at each end to enable faster than light travel between two star systems. Or other wise they could just walk through the portal instead of having to use a vessel. I suspect the use of the portal like we have seen so far can only be use over short range distances.

Of cause Dempsey may have a plan to save both species, the scroll contains some ancient wisdom, so perhaps that hold the key to both our species survival.
                Spoiler:
                Good Points- I didn't think about the portal issue.

Comment

Is it safe to say that the Presidents wife was the one that helped Simon escape the White House when they figured out he was one of them ?

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    Is it safe to say that the Presidents wife was the one that helped Simon escape the White House when they figured out he was one of them ?
                    The only flaw in this, is how did she know that they knew that Simon was a spy.

There also the question of why someone did not lace a drink of his with that radioactive tracker or indeed any tracker device on him.

But like all shows I can choose to nick pick it to death or just enjoy it.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 21 April 2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I've just finished watching the latest ep on Channel 4 (this one was on at 11.05pm ) and the next ep going to be on at midnight next week. And they wonder why the numbers are down! No way I'll be watching at that time. Now I'll have to remember to either download it or watch on the C4 website.

Crazy way to treat viewers, especially now it's getting really interesting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Channel 4 tend to treat any show that they do not make and which is not a instant success badly.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                          What are the chances of it being picked up for a second season?
                          I'd say possible. Think it had an average of 9.1 Million viewers for only the first four episodes, and it's picked up a lot since then. I think there's a chance. We'll just have to wait and see.

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                          [SPOILERS]Not sure about Sophia's complete turn-around-I mean I know her son (Thomas ) was killed, and she's grieving-but I find it hard to believe that she would suddenly support genocide of billions of people.[/spoiler]
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm guessing Thomas knew that Sophia would come around. It seemed to be the last straw. Thomas, Sophia and her people needed Earth. Sophia wasn't going to go ahead with the plan, so Thomas, to preserve his race, made the ultimate sacrifice in himself, knowing it would alter his mothers choice?
                          [SPOILERS]Is there no other habitable planet in the area they could settle?[/spoiler]
                          Spoiler:
                          Earth is probably the closest one, and they probably spent a lot of their resources getting here. Space is vast, and the chances of us finding another planet like Earth, with the right atmosphere and breathing conditions (ect) are slim, though I believe there would be such out there, I would think them rare though.

Spoiler:
                          and WTH with Dempsey killing himself? Is Sean the new sentinel now?
                          [/spoiler]
                          Spoiler:
                          I don't think Sean is the 'new' Sentinel. I think he's either a Sentinel - Human Hybrid, or something else. Sean was born, Sentinels seem to have been around for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dempsey wasn't the last one, though I'm unsure why he killed himself for. :/

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          I'm not convinced that she is a sleeper. Sure, all the signs are there, but I think there's more too it than that.
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                            I'd say possible. Think it had an average of 9.1 Million viewers for only the first four episodes, and it's picked up a lot since then. I think there's a chance. We'll just have to wait and see.

Spoiler:
                            I'm guessing Thomas knew that Sophia would come around. It seemed to be the last straw. Thomas, Sophia and her people needed Earth. Sophia wasn't going to go ahead with the plan, so Thomas, to preserve his race, made the ultimate sacrifice in himself, knowing it would alter his mothers choice?
                            Spoiler:
                            Earth is probably the closest one, and they probably spent a lot of their resources getting here. Space is vast, and the chances of us finding another planet like Earth, with the right atmosphere and breathing conditions (ect) are slim, though I believe there would be such out there, I would think them rare though.

Spoiler:
                            I don't think Sean is the 'new' Sentinel. I think he's either a Sentinel - Human Hybrid, or something else. Sean was born, Sentinels seem to have been around for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dempsey wasn't the last one, though I'm unsure why he killed himself for. :/

I'm not convinced that she is a sleeper. Sure, all the signs are there, but I think there's more too it than that.
                            Thanks-some things to think about--and

Spoiler:
                            What about Martinez-looks like he's not going to make it after Monday's episode-think he'll pull through?

Comment

Thanks-some things to think about--and

Spoiler:
                              What about Martinez-looks like he's not going to make it after Monday's episode-think he'll pull through?
                              Spoiler:
                              Using the posion on Sterling's shirt a magic antitoxin will be able to save Martinez.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Using the posion on Sterling's shirt a magic antitoxin will be able to save Martinez.
                                Can they even do anything with that stuff since its all dried up ?

Comment

Working...
                                X