Clash Of The Titans (2010 remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista View Post
    I loved the original when it first came out, but I haven't seen it since. I would have guessed with the advancements made since then with visual effects that it wouldn't have held up well. Is it still good or does it look goofy now?

(I just watched "Logan's Run" for the first time in probably twenty years and it was...uh....kind of.....well, basically my kids just laughed through almost all of it.)
    When I watch older films, I try not to judge them by today's visual standards. Doing so is just not fair.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      When I watch older films, I try not to judge them by today's visual standards. Doing so is just not fair.
      I agree with you guy. I do the same aswell. The original was/is a wonderful film. When you watch films as old as that it is sometimes amazing to see the effects and wonder how they did it back then.

This new version will be entertaining, even if it is full of modern movie cliches, it should still be very enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
        I agree with you guy. I do the same aswell. The original was/is a wonderful film. When you watch films as old as that it is sometimes amazing to see the effects and wonder how they did it back then.

This new version will be entertaining, even if it is full of modern movie cliches, it should still be very enjoyable.
        I'll take that to mean it's still good and it looks goofy.

I try not to judge older movies on their visual effects, either, but I've got to admit that doesn't mean little thoughts like "Hm...I remembered this movie as being a lot cooler twenty years ago" don't sneak into my mind when I see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
          I'll take that to mean it's still good and it looks goofy.

I try not to judge older movies on their visual effects, either, but I've got to admit that doesn't mean little thoughts like "Hm...I remembered this movie as being a lot cooler twenty years ago" don't sneak into my mind when I see them again.
          A little "goofy-looking" or not, the original is still an amazing film. This new version has a lot to live up to.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Anybody see this?

Comment

Originally posted by X-3-0-2 View Post
              Anybody see this?
              It isnt released untill April 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                It isnt released untill April 2.
                That would be a no then.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Two Clips From Clash of the Titans Online!

Warner Bros. Pictures has released two clips from director Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans, opening in 3D and 2D theaters on April 2. The anticipated film stars Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston, Gemma Arterton, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Flemyng, Alexa Davalos, Izabella Miko, Nicholas Hoult and Pete Postlethwaite.

You can watch the clips at:
                  http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64417

Comment

Am actually looking forward to this. The main character is the same one from Avatar, I think he did a good job in that too (least, with the human scenes). The CGI in this remake too, looks to be damn spectacular, and whilst a film shouldn't be rated simply on CGI, I think this is going to make for an epic adventure.
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I can't wait! Although I don't like Sam Worthington too much, I thought he did ok in Terminator Salvation. I can't wait to see Liam Nesson.

Comment

A Clash of the Titans TRILOGY? Sequels are already written!

Are you ready for the Clash of the Titans sequels? While it may be a little early for us to be thinking that far out—after all, the first flick, starring Avatar's Sam Worthington as Perseus, won't open for another couple of weeks—apparently director Louis Leterrier was forced to think of the film as a trilogy in order to get the green light from Warner Brothers, firstshowing reported.

"I wrote two other movies," said Leterrier. "It was three movies. Warners came to me and said, 'We'll greenlight your movie if you promise us [two more]. You can tell that the story doesn't end at the Clash of the Titans. ... And I said, 'Thanks a lot,' because I love doing that. And I had to write two stories. So Clash of the Titans is ... actually a bigger movie."

Leterrier, admits, though, that first we'll have to see how Clash does at the box office.

continues:
                        http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/a-clash...itans-triy.php

Comment

Yeah I've seen the trailer. Why is Pegasus black? When he should be white.
                          C.J.

Comment

I'm a little bummed that Perseus' love interest is Lo (Gemma Arterton) and not Andromeda (Alexa Davalos).

Call me old fashioned but I prefer it when the hero falls in love with the damsel in distress not the sidekick replacing Bubo.

I hate it when Hollywood messes with these classic stories - Perseus loves Andromeda period.

Comment

Video: Who bites on Clash of Titans' Sam Worthington and more!

http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/who-bit...ash-of-tit.php

Zeus is a rapist in new Clash of Titans. Sort of

The upcoming remake of Clash of the Titans updates the 1981 original with spiffy CGI special effects, as well as more subtle changes to the Greek mythology epic and a different kind of hero.

But the filmmakers won't say they've improved Ray Harryhausen's original, a classic adventure that pushed stop-motion visual effects to new levels. Rather, they say, they used photoreal CGI technology to portray the giant scorpions, Medusa and the kraken just because everyone else is doing it that way now. Oh, and Zeus? He's not a rapist. He's just European. (Explanation below, and spoilers ahead!)

continues:
                              http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/zeus-is...t-in-new-c.php

Comment

I really can't wait to see this for myself.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X