No announcement yet.

V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no love for the original, and can't say I'm super exited about the remake. However, the casting news so far is really good. That alone is enough for me to get interested. If it's good, it's good.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    Yeah, I'll say. Did I read somewhere that Alan Tudyk was going to be in it as well?
    Yes, you read right!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
      Is there a thread for this? I'm très excited that there will be a remake of this, especially with Baccarin (what's her nationality?) in it. I saw the whole old V series when my high school communications teacher got tired of teaching. That class wasn't worth it anyway and I gained a new appreciation for sci fi.
      One should watch what one is saying...one's teacher could be lurking.
      sigpic

Comment

V - Press Release

Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They're lying. Most people believe the aliens have arrived just when we needed them most. We're eager to embrace their generous offers of help, but while tracking a terrorist cell, Homeland Security agent Erica Evans stumbles upon something far more sinister. When her partner tries to kill her, Erica discovers that the aliens have plans to infiltrate our governments and businesses, planting seeds for their plot to control mankind. Convincing anyone of the truth will be impossible because the Visitors have two powerful weapons. First, they've given the people faith with their reassuring presence and gifts. Second, they've rallied our youth. Thousands of teens, including Erica's son, have been recruited as 'Peace Ambassadors' but they're actually serving as unwitting spies. Erica's violent introduction to the truth thrusts her into the resistance movement, where she joins forces with Ryan, a rogue alien driven to save humanity. She'll have to balance her covert activities with her job, and her role as a mother, fighting to protect her son Tyler even as he joins forces with the enemy. From executive producer Scott Peters, Emmy-nominated creator of The 4400, comes a bold re-imagining of the sci-fi classic. Let the invasion begin.
        Cast:
        Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans
        Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Lowery
        Scott Wolf as Chad Decker
        Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans
        Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols
        Morena Baccarin as Anna

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-release.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          V - Press Release

Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They're lying. Most people believe the aliens have arrived just when we needed them most. We're eager to embrace their generous offers of help, but while tracking a terrorist cell, Homeland Security agent Erica Evans stumbles upon something far more sinister. When her partner tries to kill her, Erica discovers that the aliens have plans to infiltrate our governments and businesses, planting seeds for their plot to control mankind. Convincing anyone of the truth will be impossible because the Visitors have two powerful weapons. First, they've given the people faith with their reassuring presence and gifts. Second, they've rallied our youth. Thousands of teens, including Erica's son, have been recruited as 'Peace Ambassadors' but they're actually serving as unwitting spies. Erica's violent introduction to the truth thrusts her into the resistance movement, where she joins forces with Ryan, a rogue alien driven to save humanity. She'll have to balance her covert activities with her job, and her role as a mother, fighting to protect her son Tyler even as he joins forces with the enemy. From executive producer Scott Peters, Emmy-nominated creator of The 4400, comes a bold re-imagining of the sci-fi classic. Let the invasion begin.

Cast:
          Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans
          Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Lowery
          Scott Wolf as Chad Decker
          Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans
          Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols
          Morena Baccarin as Anna

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-release.html
          Sounds more like a remake of Earth: final conflict than V.

Comment

They really needed a better writer for that press release.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Ha
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Or may be he was just copying what was given to him by the writers and if that the case then I am not holding my breath for this series.

Comment

The write-up may not have been great, but I still think the show sounds pretty decent. We will just have to wait and see.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They want to remake 'V'?! I think the only thing going for the series is that one of the characters had my name. Hmmm.....

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I remember liking the original V back when I was a kid. I hope this turns out to be a decent show.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Alan Tudyk on the pilot for ABC's V

Alan Tudyk, who stars in ABC's sci-fi pilot for a remake of V, told a group of reporters that the new version is what you remember the original was. V is based on the 1980s series about lizard-like aliens taking human form to invade Earth.

"If you are a fan, which I was, of the first one, this is kind of everything that you remember, without going back and watching," Tudyk said in a conference call on Mondah to promote Fox's Dollhouse. "If you go back and watch the original V, you're like, 'Oh, I thought this was great. It kind of looks really cheesy.' It fills in your memory as it should be."

One of the major factors in this update, Tudyk added, is the top-notch visual effects. "It's really awesome effects," he said. "The effects are done by Zoic who did Firefly [in which Tudyk starred]. Zoic does all the spacecrafts. Anything requiring digital enhancement is Zoic, and they do a great job. Then, of course, Morena Baccarin is in it, and she's the leader of the aliens, so you can't get any better than that." Baccarin co-starred with Tudyk in Firefly and its movie spinoff, Serenity.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/alan-tu...-the-pilot.php

Comment

Yeah...that press release needs some major work!
                          sigpic

Comment

I just have to give this version a shot.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Alan Tudyk on the pilot for ABC's V

Alan Tudyk, who stars in ABC's sci-fi pilot for a remake of V, told a group of reporters that the new version is what you remember the original was. V is based on the 1980s series about lizard-like aliens taking human form to invade Earth.

"If you are a fan, which I was, of the first one, this is kind of everything that you remember, without going back and watching," Tudyk said in a conference call on Mondah to promote Fox's Dollhouse. "If you go back and watch the original V, you're like, 'Oh, I thought this was great. It kind of looks really cheesy.' It fills in your memory as it should be."

One of the major factors in this update, Tudyk added, is the top-notch visual effects. "It's really awesome effects," he said. "The effects are done by Zoic who did Firefly [in which Tudyk starred]. Zoic does all the spacecrafts. Anything requiring digital enhancement is Zoic, and they do a great job. Then, of course, Morena Baccarin is in it, and she's the leader of the aliens, so you can't get any better than that." Baccarin co-starred with Tudyk in Firefly and its movie spinoff, Serenity.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/alan-tu...-the-pilot.php
                              well that first bit does not fill me with confidence. This is one series that needed to go dark and non cheesy
                              Zoic are good through, base on there work with firefly an serenity we should expect some excellent cgi an SFX..
                              Last edited by knowles2; 06 May 2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                I'll admit, I didn't watch past the pilot , but I am glad to see a genre show getting good reviews and staying on air. Let's hope for a 3rd season... and maybe I'll get the dvds and prove myself wrong.
                                Still not touching V 2K9.
                                I hope the show gets a 3rd season too...but I'm excited about V2K9! I loved it in the 80s!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X