V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4400's Joel Gretsch joins cast of ABC's V

Joel Gretsch (The 4400, Taken) has come aboard ABC's drama pilot V, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

V, a reboot of the 1980s miniseries, deals with an alien invasion.

Gretsch will play a Catholic priest who sees a renaissance of faith after the Visitors arrive.

He joins a cast that includes Scott Wolf.

V reunites Gretsch with 4400 co-creator/executive producer Scott Peters, who wrote V on spec.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/4400s-j...tsch-joins.php

Comment

Is there a thread for this? I'm très excited that there will be a remake of this, especially with Baccarin (what's her nationality?) in it. I saw the whole old V series when my high school communications teacher got tired of teaching. That class wasn't worth it anyway and I gained a new appreciation for sci fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Joel Gretsch (The 4400, Taken) has come aboard ABC's drama pilot V, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Gretsch will play a Catholic priest who sees a renaissance of faith after the Visitors arrive.

V reunites Gretsch with 4400 co-creator/executive producer Scott Peters, who wrote V on spec.

So they chucking a load religious crap onto what already sounding pretty lame concept whole well.

Comment

From NTAC agent to priest...interesting! :-)
          sigpic

Comment

Joel Gretsch and Morena Baccarin being in this has me a little more pumped, no doubt about that.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Too bad they just didn't go with a continuation of the V story. May as well make up their own aliens and call it something else.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Who knows, this could end up being a nice reboot.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm working on V this Monday. I'll let you guys know my thoughts. From what I have read (a tiny piece of the script), it seems more dramatic and political in nature. My worry so far is that they are going to represent humans as blind followers (a bunch of stupid heads), without the propaganda the aliens are dropping being convincing. They bring us advanced technology and healthcare and we follow their every whim. I wonder if a theme is going to develop in shows with "great leaders" (in this case the lead alien) who's followers are blind idiots who don't questions their leaders true intentions. I just watched "Kings" which is why I wonder that. When I watch shows like that I think to myself..."Hmmm, is this guy the next elected-evil-dictator (insert any number of names here).

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                    I'm working on V this Monday. I'll let you guys know my thoughts. From what I have read (a tiny piece of the script), it seems more dramatic and political in nature. My worry so far is that they are going to represent humans as blind followers (a bunch of stupid heads), without the propaganda the aliens are dropping being convincing. They bring us advanced technology and healthcare and we follow their every whim. I wonder if a theme is going to develop in shows with "great leaders" (in this case the lead alien) who's followers are blind idiots who don't questions their leaders true intentions. I just watched "Kings" which is why I wonder that. When I watch shows like that I think to myself..."Hmmm, is this guy the next elected-evil-dictator (insert any number of names here).
                    Interesting take. However, there are a lot of humans who follow leaders blindly without questioning. It wouldn't be a far stretch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                      I'm working on V this Monday. I'll let you guys know my thoughts.
                      Are they shooting on the WB lot? I haven't looked at a shooting schedule but maybe I'll talk a walk around the soundstages on Monday if they are.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I am excited to see what else will come out about this show.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          Are they shooting on the WB lot? I haven't looked at a shooting schedule but maybe I'll talk a walk around the soundstages on Monday if they are.
                          They are filming at Vancouver Film Studios (in Van), and various locations. I was on the show all day, but all I can say is that the green screen they have up at the studio is nice and clean. No actors were there while I was there. We were doing establishing shots of the spaceship, so I didn't learn anything about the show. We did get to see the CG version of the inside and it looked amazing.

Comment

Exclusive: Elizabeth Mitchell trading 'Lost' for 'V'?

I sure hope this doesn't mean what I think it does: Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell has been cast in ABC's eagerly anticipated V pilot.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking -- that this confirms Juliet as the major character who gets bumped off at this season's end? Yeah, I kinda thought you might be with me on that one.

However, my moles at ABC and Warner Bros. (which is producing V) say we need to chill, because Mitchell is just a guest star on V. But, however much I may want to chill, that's pretty hard to do, since everyone told me the same thing when tailie Cynthia Watros booked a pilot (and two months later, Libby was pushing up daisies).

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/...ive-eliza.html

Comment

Wasn't the chick that played Libby arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct multiple times? Just like the woman who played Anna Lucia?

Studios decide if they want to sweep that sort of behaviour under the rug or release an actor from their contract. . .
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Exclusive: Elizabeth Mitchell trading 'Lost' for 'V'?

I sure hope this doesn't mean what I think it does: Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell has been cast in ABC's eagerly anticipated V pilot.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking -- that this confirms Juliet as the major character who gets bumped off at this season's end? Yeah, I kinda thought you might be with me on that one.

However, my moles at ABC and Warner Bros. (which is producing V) say we need to chill, because Mitchell is just a guest star on V. But, however much I may want to chill, that's pretty hard to do, since everyone told me the same thing when tailie Cynthia Watros booked a pilot (and two months later, Libby was pushing up daisies).

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/...ive-eliza.html
                                I really hope that doesn't mean she will be leaving Lost.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X