No announcement yet.

V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to look into getting the original on DVD. It's been years since I've seen that show. That way, I can compare it better to this new version.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Exclusive: Scott Wolf invades 'V'
      Scott Wolf has been tapped to star in ABC's reboot of the campy '80s drama, V, sources confirm to me exclusively.

It's believed the Party of Five alum will play the role of Ryan, an extremely good-looking dude who's harboring a deep, dark secret from his girlfriend.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/...ive-scott.html

Comment

Morris Chestnut cast in V

Morris Chestnut is set as a lead in ABC's sci-fi drama pilot V, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

V is a re-imagining of the original 1980s miniseries, about an invasion of aliens known as Visitors and the resistance against them. It will center on a female Homeland Security agent.

Chestnut will play the woman's boyfriend, who has a dark secret: He is a Visitor.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/morris-...r-eastwick.php

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          As bad as Sci-Fi's original movies are, I get the feeling that, if these remakes were on Sci-Fi or Showtime or HBO, chances are they would be spectacular. I think it's a miracle Sarah Connor: Terminator is still on the air.
          I totally agree, I still remember what happened to Space Above and Beyond, which thrilled my whole house, but got no love from NBC (if my memory is correct) due to its dark tone. It seems almost impossible for a sci fi show with a majestic story arc to succeed on network television - requires too much brainpower of viewers, and we brainy sci-fi fans are a rare lot!!

I really enjoyed the original V - it was campy, but in a good way. Maybe some of the original actors such as Marc Singer will have some sort of a cameo?

The series I would really love to see remade, would be "UFO" from 1970-73. This was a really fabulous series, and I loved every moment of it - used to wait for the weekly episode just like I do now for BSG! I wish the DVD for it would be released on this side of the pond, so we could enjoy.
          ---------------------
          sigpic
          Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Morena Baccarin will play a lead in the ABC drama "V"

"V," from WBTV, is a re-imagining of the 1980s miniseries about an invasion of aliens known as Visitors and the resistance against them. The ICM-repped Baccarin will play Anna, the leader of the Visitors who is remarkably knowledgeable about human culture and media manipulation.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...g-news_09.html

Comment

I apologies to the mod who will eentually have to move this, because i know there is a V Remake thread somewhere, only i just can find it

Actress Morena Baccarin is about to invade the planet earth. She has been cast in a lead role on ABC’s upcoming remake of the 1980s invasion series V, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
              A Lead Role

I wasnt going to have watched it, but now i just might
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Huh, did they cast her as 'Diana', I wonder? Not sure she could fill Jane Badler's shoes but it'll be interesting as they've been working on 'V' for YEARS.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Why? If they're good, what's the problem?
                  Ahh, but there is the problem. What one person thinks is good, another does not.

I don't like BSG one iota. Some think it is the be all end all of perfection. . . :/

I LOVED V when it aired in the 80's. If the right creative people are behind it 20 years later, it could be good. I'll give it a chance. I few of the original cast were going to appear the last time I heard anything about this so It'll be interesting to see if that is still the case.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    Huh, did they cast her as 'Diana', I wonder? Not sure she could fill Jane Badler's shoes but it'll be interesting as they've been working on 'V' for YEARS.
                    Baccarin, 29, will play Anna, described by the site as “the leader of the Visitors who is remarkably knowledgeable about human culture and media manipulation.” The character appears to be the remake’s answer to Diana, the mouse-eating villain who was etched into the memories of children everywhere by actress Jane Badler.
                    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...t-in-v-remake/
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Yeah, I jusssst saw that in another thread
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I jusssst saw that in another thread
                        Where? please post a link

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                          Where? please post a link
                          There is another thread here in this same category.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63713
                          sigpic

Comment

There is another thread here in this same category.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63713
                            Thanks

Comment

As long as they don't end this show with a little blond girl absorbing some energy proclaiming peace, it will be good!

Need to bring back Michael Ironside.

Comment

Originally posted by Bey0nd View Post
                                The 80s series "V" is good, that is exactly the problem with many people these days.
                                If you want to contribute as a writer/director you remake bad movies not good ones like Day the Earth Stood Still or those junk remakes of the Alien movies.

The people today are too damn lazy too read books and too un-informed to go out and actually rent the ORIGINAL movie
                                Try watching the original flashgordon instead of the junk remake on Skiffy

Rather than watch some old BlackandWhite Frankenstein or Day the Earth Stood Still, many of the people today are lazy and want it remade with modern actors like Paris Hilton and John Travolta. Remaking or re-imagining an old show is another example of laziness, all the sets have been designed in the original, the sreenplay has been done, the characters have been crated. All they have to do is revamp it with some latex/leather look, stick in J-Lo or TomCruise and give it a hip-hop soundtrack....and there you go. You've got "V" remade all the tv mags will suddenly be calling you genius, master re-inventor etc When instead the spineless critics should be ripping the re-imagining creator apart and should be trashing their unoriginal series

There is a big difference between being 'inspired' by something
                                and copying something in some big rip-off scheme
                                For example Frankenstein and tales of vampires might have inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula novel.
                                The Day the Earth Stood Still and Star Trek might have inspired StarWars...this kind of stuff is inspiration not a direct copy or theft

"V" remake sounds like they are just stealing the blueprints of an old tv show and just broadcasting it again in some modern look
                                As a matter of fact we are being conned, why not just rebroadcast the old show so people can enjoy it for what it was?
                                Xanax anyone?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X