V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    The trailer for 'V' totally draws me in.
    Agreed! As soon as you see it, you kinda go "wow what's this?!?"

Another thing that's appealing, well for me anyway is that they have this 4 season plan (ok it may not last 4 seasons), a start, middle and end already in mind, which suggests there wont be any beating around the bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Agreed! As soon as you see it, you kinda go "wow what's this?!?"
      Oh totally. And while I don't like the design of the motherships, the belly of it being used as a large flat screen tv just totally rocked!

Another thing that's appealing, well for me anyway is that they have this 4 season plan (ok it may not last 4 seasons), a start, middle and end already in mind, which suggests there wont be any beating around the bush.

That is a BIG draw for me as well. It means they know where they're going and it'll be more serialized and character driven and make SENSE continuity wise and that's what keeps viewers nowadays. Dumb down a show to the lowest denominator and you risk alienating a large part of the potential fan base.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Ditto. The SGU trailers are lacking so much that I just haven't been interested in them. I'll watch the first six episodes because some of the SG-1 cast is going to be in it. That's the main draw for me - and if I actually like it (which is what happened with Atlantis for me) I'll stick around.

To be fair to the SGU trailers, all the people who were working on them had was the few scenes that had been shot for the première, and bar the gate effect they had no visual effects at all, whereas the guys behind V are obviously a lot further along the production process. Minus the soundtrack of the second one I think they did pretty well with what little they had to use.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          To be fair to the SGU trailers, all the people who were working on them had was the few scenes that had been shot for the première, and bar the gate effect they had no visual effects at all, whereas the guys behind V are obviously a lot further along the production process. Minus the soundtrack of the second one I think they did pretty well with what little they had to use.
          True
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Hopefully both shows will end up being amazing.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

V - More Promotional Photos

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...al-photos.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Thanks for the link.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                  Why not? its on Gateworld.

http://www.gateworld.net/video/newsa...37845585.shtml

or are you deliberately avoiding them , it's only a teaser so IMO there aren't any spoilers. but SGU looks to much like "Cloverfield" for my liking, or at least thats what the trailer makes it looks like.
                  Not avoding anything...just haven't subscribed to any threads that have SGU trailers etc.
                  sigpic

Comment

It draws me in as well. I recently rewatched the original mini-series as well as the one season that V had a TV show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      It draws me in as well. I recently rewatched the original mini-series as well as the one season that V had a TV show.
                      I haven't seen V in so long. I should really re-watch everything before this new version airs.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Sci-fi TV veteran Jeff Bell will run the show at ABC's V revamp

Writer Jeff Bell will serve as show runner for the upcoming ABC sci-fi drama V, and ABC offered a few more details about the update of the 1980s alien-invasion miniseries, Variety reported.

Bell (CBS' Harper's Island) was busy Wednesday meeting with the show's new writing staff. The challenge now, he said, is to map out what direction V might take over the next several seasons.

The original V used the story of an alien invasion as an allegory for Nazi Germany; the new V will tackle issues of government, devotion, race and faith, the trade paper reported.

"Especially when you look at our current times, with the economy, wars and social strife, it's the perfect time for a force like this to come along," Bell told the trade paper. "In many ways this is a very American show, about the individual vs. society. It's about how America can appreciate and question things that seem to be too good to be true."

ABC has ordered 13 episodes of V this year; show is set to launch sometime after January. The show will have a definite beginning, middle and end, executives said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/sci-fi-...an-jeff-be.php

Comment

Ugh. I SO hope they don't go the BSG route. Ugh. That article didn't give me hope.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I SO hope they don't go the BSG route. Ugh. That article didn't give me hope.
                            I will be happy if this show is half as good as BSG was.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I will be happy if this show is half as good as BSG was.
                              To each his own!

I thought BSG was utter soap oper-y crap.

The trailers for this look good. That article worried me a bit. Won't keep me from watching, though. I'll make my own decision after I've seen a few episodes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Alan Tudyk on Dollhouse and V

Blast recently got the chance to speak with the always charming Alan Tudyk, also known as the beloved Wash from the critically-acclaimed series “Firefly” and as (spoiler!) Alpha from Joss Whedon’s latest series “Dollhouse.” Tudyk also has a new series due out this fall from ABC called “V.”

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...use-and-v.html

Comment

Working...
                                X