No announcement yet.

The Chronicles of Narnia General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope that VDT gets made, but I hope it gets done right. *crosses fingers on both counts*
    sigpic
    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
    I'm a 60%er!
    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

20th Century Fox pick up the NARNIA series

Disney’s epic plan to co-release seven NARNIA movies, one every May, hit a massive roadblock last year when PRINCE CASPIAN made just $141 million domestic, around half of what THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE had earned at the back end of 2005.

CASPIAN wasn’t a financial failure for Disney thanks to it’s big worldwide appeal but the studio saw the crumblings, the beginnings of a sinking ship. They bailed out before they hit that iceberg, in these economically poor times they weren’t willing to bank on a project which showed signs of problems.

Around a month later and Variety say 20th Century Fox are taking a gamble on the franchise and have snapped up the rights to the rest of the series, co-financing with Walden Media. They will split the $140 million production budget (considerably less than $215 million for CASPIAN) but it’s unknown if new director Michael Apted (AMAZING GRACE, ENIGMA) and writer Richard LaGravanese (P.S. I LOVE YOU, FREEDOM WRITERS) will be kept on.

The plan is to shoot late Summer for a release sometime next year, aiming probably for a more audience friendly Christmas release like the first time.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...nia-series.php

Comment

Love Fox for taking up VDT... still a bit peed off at Disney for pulling out, but at least it's being made!!!
        sigpic

Both sigs made by the lovely Scifan

Comment

*cough*newbanner*cough*

Comment

New writer hire puts Narnia: Dawn Treader back on track

Michael Petroni, who worked on the screenplays of the Anne Rice vampire flick Queen of the Damned and Possession, the U.S. adaptation of the hit Korean ghost story, has been hired to write The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the next installment in the Narnia franchise.

In late December, the project seemed in doubt after Disney withdrew from co-financing the picture. Petroni's signing is an indication that Walden Media is prepared to move ahead on the third chapter in the franchise with its new Narnia studio partner, 20th Century Fox.

As we reported last month, the film's holiday 2010 release was contingent upon production beginning by the end of this summer, and the studio is optimistic that Petroni's hire will keep that release date possible, according to a report in Variety.

Petroni takes over from screenwriter Richard LaGravanese, who tackled the most recent draft of the C.S. Lewis novel.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/new-wri...k-on-track.php

Comment

Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader gets 2010 release date

Twentieth Century Fox and Walden Media will release The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader on Dec. 10, 2010, Variety reported. The move means that Narnia will once again be a winter franchise.

Fox recently partnered with Walden on the Narnia film series after Disney and Walden parted ways.

As of now, Dawn Treader has the 2010 date to itself.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/narnia-...lease-date.php

Comment

Thanks for posting the links!!!

Comment

I'm totally excited about finally having a release date. It seemed pretty up in the air for awhile there.
                  *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                  *~*
                  sigpic
                  *~*
                  photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
                    I'm totally excited about finally having a release date. It seemed pretty up in the air for awhile there.
                    I know. I was still scared there for a while.

Comment

'Dawn Treader' in 3D?
                      20th Century Fox announced today that they're planning to release three 3D movies in 2010, but didn't say which movies. There is a strong possibility that The Voyage of the Dawn Treader could be one of them!

Cool, is all I can say. Imagine the Dawn Treader sailing toward YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                        'Dawn Treader' in 3D?
                        20th Century Fox announced today that they're planning to release three 3D movies in 2010, but didn't say which movies. There is a strong possibility that The Voyage of the Dawn Treader could be one of them!

Cool, is all I can say. Imagine the Dawn Treader sailing toward YOU!
                        Actually I rather they no make it 3D. I've watched the 3D movies at home picking the option to watch without 3D glasses and it just doesn't look right in some spots that were clearly shot for 3D.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                          Actually I rather they no make it 3D. I've watched the 3D movies at home picking the option to watch without 3D glasses and it just doesn't look right in some spots that were clearly shot for 3D.
                          See, I'll watch the 3D version in the theater(preferably on IMAX), but buy the non-3D version on DVD.

Comment

I loathe 3D with a passion and will be very, very upset if they make VODT in 3D. Just...no.
                            *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                            *~*
                            sigpic
                            *~*
                            photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

I loathe 3D with a passion and will be very, very upset if they make VODT in 3D. Just...no.
                              They'll have a non-3D version of the film released alongside the 3D version. Just see it in the regular version

Comment

Why???
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X