Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just excited that we FINALLY have it and as someone said earlier there is always room for improvement

Comment

More like the "Fi" channel instead of the "Sci-Fi" dont expect anything science fiction to be on the show the way they are going those "Sci-Fi" executive retards heads!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

There is loads of science fiction.

*Stargate SG1
        *Stargate Atlantis
        *Star Trek: TNG
        *Star Trek: Voy
        *Star Trek: DS9
        *Star Trek: Ent
        *Farscape
        *Battlestar Galactica
        *Lexx
        *The 4400
        *Sliders
        *Babylon 5

... just to name some

That said, there is plenty of other stuff like Medium and Buffy.
        My favs:

Comment

...people watch Wrestling? In Aus??

Since I can't afford Pay TV (heck I can't even afford the DVD boxsets right now) I'm just going to say that I'm thankful that FTA/Seven is still going to play Atlantis s2, and hopefully SG-1 s 10 and any later seasons of Atlantis.

I'd be supremely p***ed if they stopped airing them because they were also showing on Foxtel/whatever.

Comment

Hey, we finally have the sci-fi channel. Shame it doesn't have brand new Sg-1's or Atlantis'. In fact all it's shows have started from the beginning. Great for new shows like "tripping the rift" but for farscape and x-files its kind of annoying.

To tell the truth, I think Fox's sci-fi sector was way better. They have Alias, Smallville, and marathons of Sg-1 for whole weekends. So far Sci-fi has yet to have anything real exciting.

What does everyone else think?

Spoiler:
            Thanks Stef for the great banners!!

My StarGate Music Vids: http://www.freewebs.com/padfoot_001

Comment

I must admit that I am disappointed in it. At first I thought that it would be great to have shows from the beginning as a lot of shows I hadn’t even heard of but a lot of shows have finished the first season and now they are repeating the season again instead of going to the next season.

Comment

In short...

Sci-Fi australia is a cheap way for Foxtel to put all of their existing programs which could fit into a "Sci-Fi/Paranormal" type genre into a new channel and earn money from it.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Anyone know if the Aussie Sci-Fi channel will get to play the new BSG movie Razor? Do they even play BSG for that matter?

Don't think channel 10 will show it, so will have to wait for dvd otherwise...
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Huh - SciFi channel Oz is a joke. Repeating SEASON 1 ATLANTIS????? WTF???

Channel 7's no help, only having shown season 2. I bought all my Atlantis fixes on DVD. I've seen all of season 3 because I BOUGHT IT.

***** TV channels - they stupidly think that the only shows worth 'fast tracking' are Bionic Woman and Prison Break....

I vote for an email bombardment campaign. And if there's anyone who can send them a nice tasty virus to REALLY give them the what-for, please feel free to create one.

sigpic
                    My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

I heard that the Sci-fi channel is owned by TV1, which explains where a lot of the programs came from..... aside from the shows on Fox 8, they moved a lot of them across and they do seem to be building up their range, even if they do repeat them a bit. I've found that sci-fi has shown a lot of shows that were either on free to air at such a horrendous timeslot that I missed them, or weren't shown at all. So I am enjoying watching them for the first time.

I'm just excited that we finally have a dedicated sci-fi channel. Yes, it could do with some improvements, but it's a good start If it doesn't get better then it's time to start phoning them up to let them know what we the fans want from our sci-fi channel

I'm not sure how it works when they buy seasons of shows though. Sometimes I wonder if there is something with the free to air stations that gives them first option on certain shows. That might explain the delay with more recent seasons of shows like Stargate and BSG. I've had Foxtel on an off for 10 years and they always seem to have a bit of a wait.

Comment

^ yep its owned by TV1.

there website doesnt have ANY information, ive emailed TV1 about some issues. Mainly the aspect ratio issue. about 5 times, never got a reply

Comment

That sucks. I don't understand why the format isn't widescreen. I wonder if that's something that will be fixed once HD comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                            Huh - SciFi channel Oz is a joke. Repeating SEASON 1 ATLANTIS????? WTF???

Channel 7's no help, only having shown season 2. I bought all my Atlantis fixes on DVD. I've seen all of season 3 because I BOUGHT IT.

***** TV channels - they stupidly think that the only shows worth 'fast tracking' are Bionic Woman and Prison Break....

I vote for an email bombardment campaign. And if there's anyone who can send them a nice tasty virus to REALLY give them the what-for, please feel free to create one.

Sci Fi channel has shown season 2. the only reason it wont play season 3 is because it hasn't aired on normal tv.

but i do agree repeating the season is starting to piss me off. i've watched the firs 3 season of the x-files so many times now i dont need to buy the dvd's...
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

While I'm disappointed by the Australian Sci-Fi Channel, with the lack of widescreen being the biggest culprit, I still enjoy seeing loads of old favourites I haven't seen for years like Sliders and the original Star Trek.
                              This time... it's war!

Comment

So have they shown any *new* Who or Torchwood? Or does ABC/Channel 10 own the rights still?

Really can't see the point in the channel myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X