This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
    Is this a branch of the US company, or a new group with the same name?

Anyway, sounds promising...

The company that runs TV1 is running the new sci fi channel. The website has the same branding as the US website so who knows.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/

Probably won't get the latest stuff since free to air own the rights to everything - even if they do show the stuff at 11pm. :/
    My favs:

Comment

Naturally the stuff on TV1 will be moved to this channel, but I wonder if the stuff on Fox8 will go too. Fox8 show a bit of scifi on saturday nights including Andromeda and mutant x.
      My favs:

Comment

This is amazing! I've been waiting for something like this for years! I really hope it's as good to sci-fi as TV-1 has been. But, will TV1 and Fox8, etc keep their shows or will they be exclusively on this new channel?

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
        Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
        Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

YAY A SCIFI CHANNEL! i have the platnium package (all channels) and i have IQ (recording on to hard drive of foxtel box) soooooo YAY

Comment

Originally posted by isis2381ice View Post
            Aussies like me have been fighting to get a SCI FI Channel for years so even though yes it is sad that Season 10 is the last season of SG-1 (at this stage) I am still very excited about finally getting a SCI FI Channel here. Besides as you mentioned there is still Atlantis not to mention BSG & The 4400 (among others).
            Sci Fi channel dont air 4400. USA network does.
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle Jumper 1 View Post
              YAY A SCIFI CHANNEL! i have the platnium package (all channels) and i have IQ (recording on to hard drive of foxtel box) soooooo YAY

IQ Rocks
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                Sci Fi channel dont air 4400. USA network does.
                The Australian Sci-Fi channel get different shows to the US Sci-Fi channel.

I doubt we will get episodes as soon as they air, due to Channel 7's contract (...stupid 7), unless this new channel buys it off them.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewag View Post
                  Thanks for providing the official Australian SCI FI Channel link for everyone. I have been extremely busy doing an intensive course over the past 4 days so have simply not had time to come on here.

NOTE: Information will be up on the site as of Friday 20th October.

Originally posted by Puddle Jumper 1 View Post
                  YAY A SCIFI CHANNEL! I have the platinum package (all channels) and I have IQ (recording on to hard drive of foxtel box) soooooo YAY
                  Same here (both the platinum package & IQ) but I wish the 2 free box movies rolled over though as it seems to be with Foxtel that one month they have c**p movies on and the next will be full of good ones.

Comment

The new channel will be in Austar's "Fun" tier.
                    My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
                      The main question is, will SCIFI Australia be behind in scheduling SCIFI America. Ie, if Battlestar Shows on SCIFI America, will we get it that same week? or will we have to wait?
                      Well if the FTA networks own the rights to the first run then yes we will have to wait.

Comment

Yay! My family has the package that Sci-Fi will be in- so yay! (and they recently put their pricing up, perhaps in preparation)

As for the rights- when do the new tv ownership etc. laws come into play? Don't the current anti-siphoning laws also change?....

I remember reading somewhere that TV1 has the rights to SG-1 up to season 7- but they can't get Atlantis or seasons 8 or 9.....

Hmm....december 1 launch? I think that the free to air screening of season 9 will be finished...(not too sure, though)

Definately stuff to think about...

Comment

The SCI FI Channel website comes online next Friday so I guess we’ll all have to wait until then to find out for sure however in my opinion I would say that initially they will be behind but then as the new seasons come available then (hopefully) they will buy the rights to them and air them shortly (if not immediately) after they have premiered in the US eg: SCI FI will air Season 1 of Atlantis this year then be behind with Seasons 2 and 3 but will catch up in time to air Season 4 shortly (or immediately) after the US.

Comment

*dances around room* oh this rocks so much! i love sci-fi! i don't care if it's old or new, i'll be getting the channel and watching it non-stop! thanks so much for posting this info
                            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*
                            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Your very welcome...Only 4 more days until the info is released on the official website...not that I'm counting or anything

Comment

you might not be counting down, but i sure am!
                                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*
                                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X