Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily. Pay TV channels don't work like FTA. Pay TV don't care about ratings as much, while Channel 7 does. They show Stargate so late because they know it does relatively well in that timeslot. Sci-Fi would be inclined to play the movies first, as soon as they could to entice people who currently dont want to pay a monthly fee for shows they've already seen.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
      But wouldnt Foxtel have to wait until they show season 10 too?
      If you had read the letter that was sent out to all the foxtel subscribers last week you would know that Foxtel is currently negotiating first-run contracts with a number of studios. They finalised one with 20th C FOX last month, which will allow FOX shows to be shown on channels like FOX8 and SciFi at the same time the US channels are first-running them.
      Sometimes the truth........
      Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
      Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
      - General George S. Patton

Comment

I'm gonna talk to the Austar ppl tomorrow and ask questions and what not about this. my house has been talking and it looks like we're gonna get it no matter what *sqee*
        if anyone has some q's, lemme know and i'll ask
        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
        "what?"
        *throat punch*
        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Casanova View Post
          If you had read the letter that was sent out to all the foxtel subscribers last week you would know that Foxtel is currently negotiating first-run contracts with a number of studios. They finalised one with 20th C FOX last month, which will allow FOX shows to be shown on channels like FOX8 and SciFi at the same time the US channels are first-running them.

Ack! I'd typed up an essay about this & the damn web page crapped out on me!

Basically I was ranting about how crap FTA sports coverage is (delayed live telecasts & ads during crutial moments) & how Fox Sports make them look retarded.

Plus all the shows FTA barely ever show, not just SciFi stuff. My wife is a huge Gilmore Girls fan for instance & pay only goes upto what, S4? All cause FTA might play the newer stuff some time when they don't have some reality drivel to air.

Big thumbs down Aussie FTA stations

Comment

Originally posted by Casanova View Post
            Hmm. I shall have words with Foxtel; I received no such letter. However, talking to them at Supanova yesterday, it appears that for those who do not wish to subscribe to the entire package, it's an additional $6.95 per month for sci fi channel.
            Sonny
            www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

All I am gonna say is if Sci-fi Channel Asutralia goes the same way as Sci-fi Channel in the US (considering they have the same logo? WHAT THE?! ) & start showing crap like wrestling (which, whislt I like watching occassionally; has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with SCIENCE FICTION! ) then they can count me out.

I am, however, looking forward to getting to watch old favourites & see some possible new stuff (or should I say old stuff? Some of the programs listed in the digi guide are waaay before my time ); but if it ends up being crap I will simply can it & stick with my current FOXTEl subscription.

And another thing : they had better show Season 10 of Sg-1 & Season 2 - 3 of SGA & the SG-1 movies on this new sci-fi channel of theirs; or someone @ FOXTEL/Austar/SFCA is gonna get -ed. . .
              Last edited by akren; 29 October 2006, 11:34 PM. Reason: adding to my post, fixing typos

Comment

wrestling as sci-fi? that's just plain odd. but still, a good ploy to get ppl to watch the station and get them watching adds for shows that will be on, and maybe get them watching shows they wouldn't necessarily
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Well, hopefully we won't see any wrestling on the Aussie sci-fi channel as Fox8 already has all the wrestling, including ECW.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                  Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                  Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Wrestling brings in the top ratings for Fox8 so I highly doubt it will ever leave that channel (which is good for scifi chan!).
                    My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                      Sci Fi channel dont air 4400. USA network does.
                      oh yes it will be be good to see it never seen it before
                      i'll be watching sci channel alot

Comment

Just bumping this...

Sci-Fi premiers tomorrow! (well, at 9pm here in WA)
                        only 2 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled View Post
                          Just bumping this...

Sci-Fi premiers tomorrow! (well, at 9pm here in WA)
                          only 2 hours!
                          I've allready turned it off.

What the hell? Everyone who has this, phone up and complain to Foxtel/Austar. It is unacceptable that SCIFI is NOT WIDESCREEN...?

What is the point of us paying for "Platinum" or extra for sci-fi, and getting garbage quality ep screenings?

Comment

It depends on what show you watch. All of the shows that they already had on TV1 (SG-1, Star Trek etc.) are still in fullscreen, as these shows were bought this way. However I believe the new shows are in widescreen. I watched Medium the other day (good show) and it was in widecreen. However there was no option to display in fullscreen.

I think that anyone who could put up with TV1's Sci-Fi factor being fullscreen can deal with some shows being fullscreen on Sci-Fi. While it is a disapointment, it is not unacceptable, considering it has only been out for 1 day and there is always the possibility of improvemment.

Comment

They must be using TV1's gear hence 4:3 and that crappy 4:9 for some shows. it looks terrible on my widescreen tv's.

I am enjoying the channel now. It's a great opportunity to catch everything from the first episodes.
                              My favs:

Comment

I Finally got to see BSG 1x01 33!!!
                                Awesome! It was soooooo cool, and finally seeing it on Foxtel added to the coolness. I'm hanging on eagerly for the next BSG ep. The only problem I have with Oz Scifi is that they're showing 2 days worth of shows and then repeating them throughout the week. They oughto put some old SG-1 and trek eps on to fill in the gaps.
                                Sometimes the truth........
                                Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
                                Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
                                - General George S. Patton

Comment

Working...
                                X