Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm figuring that they're going to gradually buy the rights for more shows as the months progress. Perhaps they should put some old reruns of SG-1 Seasons 1-7 to fill in some gaps, and some old scifi shows. they should move ALL the scifi shows from Fox8 and TV1 to Scifi. strangely enough Andromeda is still going to be on Fox8. I discovered the new channel yesterday while trawling through the Entertainment section. Not a lot of shows being previewed on the 'sneak preview' channel (CH 132) but the sight of SGA and BSG got me excited. It's good they're starting SG-1 on this channel at Season 8, all the Aussie Scifi fans who only watched it on TV1 only saw up to 'The lost city'. they'll probably show S9 when they finish S8, and so on. shame there's going to be no S11.
    Sometimes the truth........
    Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
    Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
    - General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle Jumper 1 View Post
      YAY A SCIFI CHANNEL! i have the platnium package (all channels) and i have IQ (recording on to hard drive of foxtel box) soooooo YAY

Meee Tooo.. no one will be able to drag me away from this channel and im gonna love it
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Awww no fair, the previews are not on Austar damn it!
        My favs:

Comment

Heh, I could sit all day just watching the previews...Thank goodness this channel starts airing during holidays when I have no work to do, I have a feeling that there's not gonna be much that could pry me away...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by andrewag View Post

echo that

Comment

Originally posted by Smashman View Post
              echo that
              You’re not missing out on much…its only the same advertisements of Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Medium, Stargate Atlantis and The X Files shown over and over again so the excitement wears off after a while…Oh did I miss out on any shows being advertised on there Frinky?

Comment

Heh, nope, that's the cycle...although watching it after a few hrs of doing something else is still exciting

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

I'm happy for you guys... at least now you're really getting your money's worth.
                  If I can get it as a standalone package, I'd be tempted.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Why doesn't someone record it and upload it somewhere
                    My favs:

Comment

Hmm well its basically a one minute scene from each show: Medium, 4400, Battlestar, Atlantis, X-Files and Buffy. These are the same shows advertised on their main page. They have likely only had previews for these sows becaue these are first run shows that they bought specifically for the Sci-Fi Channel, whereas the other shows are crossovers.

Comment

Why doesn't someone record it and upload it somewhere
                        I was considering recording it as I have a DVD Recorder but then I wouldn't have a clue how and where to upload it, as it would just save as some DVD file that would be absolutely huge in size wouldn't it? Also would it be legal (cough, cough) to do that?

Comment

Looking at that list, aren't they all old shows that you can buy on DVD and not have to pay a monthly fee for?

FTA has first run rights to the latest BSG and Stargate so that leaves that out too.

I'm sorry but I still can't see a justification to pay to watch TV, especially when the shows are old ones that it's cheaper to buy on DVD and watch whenever you want.

Comment

For people who already have pay tv it's great news.

I can watch series that I probably wouldn't have when they were first out on FTA (not to mention the bad times they were played) when I wouldn't usually buy the DVD set of a show I hadn't enjoyed or seen before.

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                            Looking at that list, aren't they all old shows that you can buy on DVD and not have to pay a monthly fee for?

FTA has first run rights to the latest BSG and Stargate so that leaves that out too.

I'm sorry but I still can't see a justification to pay to watch TV, especially when the shows are old ones that it's cheaper to buy on DVD and watch whenever you want.
                            My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post

Obviously I wouldn't get Foxtel just for the Sci-Fi Channel. And while yes, I could buy the dvds of the X-Files, Medium, The 4400, Buffy and Battlestar Galactica (these are shows I have never seen before) I may not like them, and theres $300 down the drain in one hit.

The reason people are excited by this channel is because they already have Foxtel and they are basically recieving these channels for free (ie. in addition to the 50+ other channels they were already getting).

Hopefully when the SG-1 movies come out, Sci-Fi will get it. Ch 7 wouldn't have first run rights to the movies and if they do get them, we'd have to wait untill they finish playing season 10...
                              Last edited by Qtyled; 25 October 2006, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled View Post
                                Hopefully when the SG-1 movies come out, Sci-Fi will get it. Ch 7 wouldn't have first run rights to the movies and if they do get them, we'd have to wait untill they finish playing season 10...
                                But wouldnt Foxtel have to wait until they show season 10 too?
                                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                                X