Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been counting the days ever since I heard, I just hope it lives up to the expectations I've been building ever since I got foxtel all those years ago. I'm still curious to what will happen to sci-fi on other channels, as I recently saw an ad for S8 of stargate running on TV1 next month.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky View Post
      I recently saw an ad for S8 of stargate running on TV1 next month.
      It would be good if they showed SG1 on both channels...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

You can check out the line up here: http://www.scifitv.com.au/tvguide/

Atalantis is season 1
        SG1 is season 8
        Battlestar is season 1

Xfiles at 7.30 every night with different shows from 8.30 every night.

Looks great to catch up on some series i missed like the 4400 etc. Can't wait
        My favs:

Comment

Wow.....that channel looks great.....Farscape, X-Files, SG-1, Atlantis, Quantum Leap, and Buffy all on the same day.....I'd never get up!

*salivates at the show list*

Comment

wow.. *cries* it's what i've always wanted. the shows look so good, the line up great!

i'm with Trek_Girl42, when i get it i'm never getting up off of the couch!
            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
            "what?"
            *throat punch*
            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
              wow.. *cries* it's what i've always wanted. the shows look so good, the line up great!

i'm with Trek_Girl42, when i get it i'm never getting up off of the couch!
              Sadly I'm not getting it(not Austrailian)- we already have a SPACE channel, but I understand you guys have never had anything like this before? You're certainly due.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                I understand you guys have never had anything like this before? You're certainly due.
                Certainly nothing as big as a whole channel devoted to Sci-Fi
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewag View Post
                  You can check out the line up here: http://www.scifitv.com.au/tvguide/
                  Wow! Good going to everyone in Oz-land. I just relocated to Asia after 12 years in the US, and have sorely missed my weekly Fri night fix. Given the influence of Australian programming on its Asia-Pac neighbours and the appalling lack of good SF on TV (compared with a surprisingly large number of bad horror movies), maybe those of us here could start lobbying for our own dedicated SF network? Any advice from the Aussies?
                  Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Start writing, faxing and calling into the pay tv networks. Start up a petition and a website (if possible) get as many genuine signatures as you can. Write to the editors at newspapers and magazines (such as TV Guide).

You can start an online petition for free at http://www.petitiononline.com

Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by isis2381ice View Post
                      Start writing, faxing and calling into the pay tv networks. Start up a petition and a website (if possible) get as many genuine signatures as you can. Write to the editors at newspapers and magazines (such as TV Guide). You can start an online petition for free at http://www.petitiononline.com
                      'Ta! Did the SCI FI Channel cite their main reasons for setting up in Australia? "Grassroots" activity alone doesn't generate the same interest (let alone impact) in Asia as it does in the West - sadly - but hopefully I can find enough fans (even if they're also just expats) out here to get something like this going.
                      Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Well, the sites up: http://www.scifitv.com.au/home/

Not too much information, though a nice graphic summarising thier TV guide.
                        Nice to see Friday night stargate, though hopefully they play season 8 of SG-1 and season 1 of atlantis side by side, like they did in the US.

Also cool that they are starting many of thier shows from the pilot, alowing new fans to get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
                          'Ta! Did the SCI FI Channel cite their main reasons for setting up in Australia?
                          No they didn't lostinspace, sorry. I really wish you the best of luck with it

Originally posted by Qtyled View Post
                          Cool that they are starting many of thier shows from the pilot, allowing new fans to get into it.
                          I agree, actually there are a few shows that I haven't heard of myself so it's going to be awesome!

Comment

I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch Farscape from the beginning and the X-files, I never really had the chance to watch them before, as they were always on to late...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                            Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                            Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

I was fairly young when it was on so I was never allowed to stay up to watch The X Files (I am 25 now) therefore I am extremely glad that they are starting it from the premiere as I have watched a few episodes and I saw the movie when it came out but never fully got into it. There are also a few shows that I have never heard of before so it’ll be cool to watch those from the beginning as well.

Oh by the way has anyone noticed that SciFi has gone live now (Channel 132 on Foxtel) and are showing sneak previews of a few shows? I saw a sneak preview for Medium yesterday (which is one of the shows that I haven’t heard of before) and all I can say is thank goodness I have IQ! lol

Comment

Wow, that one bizzare schedual they have there. I won't comdem it completly but I don't see it working for very long like that.

But hey, all sci-fi! None of thise wresting and junk!

Comment

Working...
                                X