No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read a news item on Facebook yesterday where Gillian Anderson says this newest season of the show will be her last. She apparently announced it at a recent Con. She was asked whether she'll miss the show, and she said to ask in a couple of years to see how she feels at that time.

Comment

Preview: Help Without Trust | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Alan.

PS I love your avatar pic!

Comment

The X-Files season 11 is returning to US mere weeks from now, as Fox sets premiere date
          The truth is out there.

By Justin Harp
          16 November 2017

Full Article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-f...premiere-date/

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
          Thanks for posting this, Alan.

PS I love your avatar pic!
          Your welcome! And thanks for the avatar pic appreciation. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been some time since I've been on this thread.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The X-Files season 11 will air on Channel 5 in the UK – but when?
            The truth is out there again in 2018.

By Sam Warner
            16 November 2017

Full Article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-f...-channel-5-uk/

Comment

Less than seven weeks to go!!

Comment

New Season 11 Cast Photos Revealed
                By Keva Andersen
                On November 17, 2017

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/la...hotos-revealed

Now that we have an air date, take a look at these new cast photos to go with it. FOX has shared new images of David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, and William B. Davis in character. Check out the gallery for all four characters in their high resolution glory after the jump.

Comment

David Duchovny on 'The X-Files' Season 11: "Mulder's at death's door... That can't last"
                  UPI News Service, 11/18/2017

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/d...st-1061822.php

David Duchovny says he is happy Season 11 of "The X-Files" will include 10 episodes and spend more time on Mulder and Scully's strange cases than offering a crash course on what the series is about.

Duchovny and his co-star Gillian Anderson returned for the iconic sci-fi drama's 10th season in 2016 after a 14-year absence.

But Duchovny recently told reporters at New York Comic Con he feels Season 10 -- which only had six episodes -- was too "exposition heavy about how to get you up to speed."

Now that all the groundwork is laid, the actor said, the truth-seeking FBI special agents he and Anderson play are able to hit the ground running for Season 11.

"That's exciting to me, to actually start telling stories," Duchovny said.

"Unfortunately, we kind of got trapped into telling the story of the show [in Season 10.] To me, that's not so interesting. It might be interesting to fans. I don't know. I can't look at it that way, but once you start talking endlessly about yourself. ... To me, the show was about the case and how that affects the characters."

"Unfortunately, after a certain point, it becomes about the characters, not about the case and, to me, that is less interesting."

Asked why he thinks the revival of "The X-Files" worked when the reboots of so many other shows haven't, Duchovny admitted: "I don't know why exactly. ..."

"Revivals can get trapped in doing the same thing -- trying to give people what they think they want, rather than giving them what you want to give them and hoping they come around," he said, adding "The X-Files" "was always about wonder. It was like a Twilight Zone-type show."

So, would he be up for a Season 12, if FOX ordered one?

"I'm open. I love working with these people and I love the show. I'm always open. It's a struggle to get everyone together at the same time, regardless of what [creator Chris Carter] says. If they want to do it, I'm open to do it."

Duchovny didn't reveal too many details about the upcoming season, but he did remind journalists: "Mulder's at death's door at the end of the last little season we did.

"So, obviously, that can't last. So, we've got to get him out of there."

"The X-Files" Season 11 is to debut on Jan. 3, 2018.

Comment

Thanks for the posts, Alan.

That interview with Duchovny was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                      Thanks for the posts, Alan.

That interview with Duchovny was interesting.
                      You're very welcome, Lorne.

Season 10 Cliffhanger | THE X-FILES
                      The X-Files
                      Published on 29 Nov 2017

Creator Chris Carter and stars Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny break down last season’s cliffhanger and tease the new season of THE X-FILES.

More Season 11 Cast Photos
                      http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/

29 Nov

Reblog

The X-Files

XFiles
                      Season 11

Chris Carter, Gillian Anderson, and David Duchovny discuss where we last saw Mulder and Scully…and where they’re headed next. Check out the new promo here.
                      Last edited by Alan; 29 November 2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

The Mulder & Scully Relationship | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
                        The X-Files
                        Published on 7 Dec 2017

Gillian & David reveal the current state of Mulder & Scully on the new season of THE X-FILES...or do they?

Comment

Preview: We Need Your Help, Even If We Don't Trust You | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

The X-Files
                          Published on 8 Dec 2017

Catch the new episode of THE X-FILES on JAN 3rd on FOX!

Comment

Unwrapping The X-Files: Retro Chemistry | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

The X-Files
                            Published on 12 Dec 2017

This holiday season, Fox opens up the vault to share a special look behind the scenes of the early years of the relationship between Mulder & Scully.

Comment

Those promos look good. Less than three weeks to go and I'm getting excited!

The first five episodes of Season 11 have been released to critics and the reactions trickling out through social media have been pretty positive so far.

Jan. 3 can't come soon enough!

Comment

First 5 X-Files Season 11 Episode Titles Revealed
                                By Keva Andersen
                                On December 14, 2017

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/la...itles-revealed

FOX has revealed the titles and air dates of the first five episodes of Season 11. As we knew, the series returns to air on January 3, 2018 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with "My Struggle III". The next four episodes will air on consecutive Wednesdays and are written by Chris Carter, Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, and James Wong.

"My Struggle III"airing January 3rd. The episode picks up after the last event series’ cliffhanger. Mulder and Scully learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it. Written and directed by Chris Carter.

"This" airing January 10th. An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret. Written and directed by Glen Morgan.

"Plus One" airing January 17th. A spate of deaths, in which the victims were plagued by their own doppelgangers, lead Mulder and Scully to a pair of twins playing a dangerous game. This episode guest stars Karin Konoval and is written by Chris Carter. Kevin Hooks directs.

"The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" airing January 24th. Exploring the idea of The Mandela Effect, in which large groups of people remember an alternate history, Mulder and Scully find out how the X-Files themselves may really have originated. Brian Huskey guest stars as "Reggie Something." Written and directed by Darin Morgan.

"Ghouli" airing January 31st. When a pair of teenage girls attack one another, each believing the other to be a monster, Mulder and Scully find that their investigation could possibly lead back to their long-lost son, William. Written and directed by James Wong.

Comment

Working...
                                X