No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 4 has a large chunk of stuff going on off screen as well, either they filmed far too much to squeeze into 42 minutes and had to cut a lot, or they've been phoning in some scripts.

By that I mean
    Spoiler:
    on screen nobody actually told Mulder about the other three murders (the two thieves and the woman), nor did he visit any of the crime scenes and from about half way on, they seem to forget there was another detective investigating too, yet later in the episode Mulder just casually mentions them to the artist in the underground bat cave type place. I know a lot of the episode surrounded Scully's mother, but they could have at least had Mulder glance at the phone once in a while and say 'been another murder', at least that way the two stories could have had some continuity between each other, instead of what they did show.

Congrats to whoever it was who predicted who was in the urn. It was someone here, I was wrong lol.

Comment

The X-Files Revival: Lauren Ambrose Weighs In on Spinoff, Frantic Finale
      By Kimberly Roots / February 11 2016, 9:37 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2016/02/11/x-files...brose-preview/

Is the basement office about to have two new inhabitants?

Only two episodes are left in The X-Files‘ revival, and Monday’s (Fox, 8/9c) installment introduces Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) and Robie Amell (The Flash) as FBI special agents who bear more than a passing resemblance to Mulder and Scully.

Amell’s Agent Miller is open to nontraditional ideas and explanations, while Ambrose’s Agent Einstein — a redheaded medical doctor who chose to make her career in the Bureau — is far more interested in solving mysteries by using clear-cut, irrefutable science.

Sound familiar?

Are the revival’s last two hours a set up for the rumored spinoff? In advance of her spooky debut, we asked Ambrose that very question (and a bunch more).

TVLINE | Did you have any reservations about taking this particular role in such a fan-loved series?
      Well, yeah, I mean I suppose it was a little bit nerve wracking to go into this…this thing that is so beloved and such a touchstone of our cultural identity. [Laughs] Now that I’ve been a part of it, I realize how passionate people are about it. I didn’t have quite as much of a sense when I was just signing up.

TVLINE | So, I gather you hadn’t watched the original series much, if at all?
      No. Yeah. It wasn’t really on my radar… I’d never really been much of a TV watcher, but I have watched them as they’ve been on TV, and I love it. I think it’s so wonderful and hopeful and just creative. I was aware of its long tentacles, but I never really saw it when I was younger.

TVLINE | That’s a pretty apt choice of words for this series.
      [Laughs] Yeah. But I’ll tell you, they were all very welcoming of an outsider. It’s a very nice place to work, nice group of people. Chris Carter… to me it’s just his show completely, because he wrote and directed the ones I’m in… I felt like I was very much in the hands of an auteur and a creative-madman-genius kind of thing. He very much knew what he wanted and was very specific… I just felt in good hands under him because he was very specific.

TVLINE | I don’t want to spoil anything, but one of your scenes with David Duchovny is really out there.
      [Laughs] Oh my god. Yeah.

TVLINE | What can you tell me about that moment, without giving too much away?
      Well, as with all of these things, there’s so much talk about how we’ll do it, and what I’m going to wear, and all this stuff — and then it literally was the last scene on a Friday night, and we had about 10 minutes to accomplish the whole thing. It’s one of those moments where like the whole crew is just cracking into gear. Everybody is on point, because we have to get it done… It was pretty surreal to shoot and it all went very, very quickly, and then I jumped in the car and got in an airplane to go home. [Laughs] While pulling the false eyelashes off my eyes in the car on the way to the airport.

TVLINE | Details about the finale are tough to come by. Can you give me any tease at all?
      There’s a lot of panic and something goes terribly awry, and of course they need to figure it out on a global scale… And I’m trying to help. My character’s trying to help.

TVLINE | Chris Carter has said that an Einstein-Miller spinoff isn’t officially in the works, but it’s also not off the table. Any update on that front?
      Not from my agents, no. [Laughs] All I know is it was a great place to work, and I would love to do more. I love working with Chris and David and Gillian [Anderson]. They’re all amazing, talented people… and I would like nothing more than to do more.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

If they do more than six episodes next season (he says hopefully), maybe Mulder and Scully could be featured in eight or so eps and Skinner, Einstein & Miller, Reyes, etc. could get their own episodes to fill out a full 12 or 13 episode order.

That way, we get more opportunities for some of the old guard (Spotnitz, Gilligan, Shiban, Gordon, and the guys we got this go-around) to write some stories, opportunities for some fresh faces to write some eps, and more X-Files all around for us, the viewers.

Of course, I would absolutely NOT turn down 13 episodes of pure Mulder & Scully either.

Comment

From Fox entertainment president David Madden on more X-Files after season 10 concludes:

We said before it aired that we would love to do more, and we are over the moon with the performance. So far, the response has been really encouraging … We haven’t talked to the talent yet about Season 2 in any more definitive way than we had prior to airing the show, but certainly, it seems like there’s an audience responding to the show that would love to see more episodes.

Comment

Well considering the cliffhanger it's been left on' I don't think there was anything other than a plan to at least do a TV movie to tie the story up, even if there wasn't a season 11 or spinoff.

So, does anybody else think:

Spoiler:
            William is piloting the ship? Gone rouge too like Monica? Since Monica was one of the few people who knew William was adopted, it would seem logical that her tie up with CSM also included locating and utilising William's tallents?

Comment

if you blinked you missed it,yes, in last weeks episode, you could see the lone gunmen, at least two of them, I only saw Richard "Ringo" Langly and Melvin Frohike, I never saw byers, it was WAY disappointing.

Characters Richard "Ringo" Langly, Melvin Frohike and John Fitzgerald Byers -- otherwise known as The Lone Gunmen -- will be showing up

Comment

Watching the new episode, ep 3. It's funny watchng Mulder run around looking for a lizard with his camera flashing everywhere
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Watching the new episode, ep 3. It's funny watchng Mulder run around looking for a lizard with his camera flashing everywhere
                  That episode is just hilarious, start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                    That episode is just hilarious, start to finish.
                    And Scully's amused face when Mulder was trying to explain it and then telling her what she would say. Priceless
                    sigpic

Comment

Bloody hell people, spoilers! *angry*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Season 10 of the X-Files was wonderful just because it was a new season. Never thought I would see anymore episodes/movies after IWTB, so all the new episodes were wonderful in their own way to me. How I rank the season:

1. "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster"
                        2. "Founder's Mutation"
                        3. "Home Again"
                        4. "Babylon"
                        5. "My Struggle I/II"

Can't wait to own this on blu-ray too! Heard they're putting in a bunch of extras for the fans.
                        sigpic
                        [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                          Season 10 of the X-Files was wonderful just because it was a new season. Never thought I would see anymore episodes/movies after IWTB, so all the new episodes were wonderful in their own way to me. How I rank the season:

1. "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster"
                          2. "Founder's Mutation"
                          3. "Home Again"
                          4. "Babylon"
                          5. "My Struggle I/II"

Can't wait to own this on blu-ray too! Heard they're putting in a bunch of extras for the fans.
                          Your enthusiasm is appreciated, losernerdfriend!

I really loved the new season, too. Your rankings are almost identical to my own, though I have "Home Again" in the number two slot and "Founder's Mutation" in the the third slot.

I've already pre-ordered my blu-ray set from Amazon and I'm anxious to see all of the extras.

Comment

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, losernerdfriend!

I really loved the new season, too. Your rankings are almost identical to my own, though I have "Home Again" in the number two slot and "Founder's Mutation" in the the third slot.

I've already pre-ordered my blu-ray set from Amazon and I'm anxious to see all of the extras.
                            Thanks! I have a hard time choosing my number two, just because I love "Home Again" and "Founder's Mutation" for different, but equal reasons. I thought the over storyline of FM was stronger, but Gillian KILLED IT in HA. It was very classic in the Scully-centric episode way.

I've also already pre-ordered the blu-ray on Amazon.. haha. Do you know if they have a release date yet? Last I checked, I hadn't seen one yet..
                            sigpic
                            [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                              I've also already pre-ordered the blu-ray on Amazon.. haha. Do you know if they have a release date yet? Last I checked, I hadn't seen one yet..
                              No release date yet that I'm aware of. I predict sometime in May, but that's just me speculating.

Comment

No release date yet that I'm aware of. I predict sometime in May, but that's just me speculating.
                                That would make sense.

In other news, Happy One-Year Anniversary of the Announcement of Season 10 of The X-Files!!! Haha. That's a mouthful.
                                sigpic
                                [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                                X