X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RENCO View Post
    That (were monster) was such a retarded episode. They've seen numerous transformation monsters before. WTF?
    I agree, although there are many others who loved it. One guy on Facebook said if you didn't love all the episodes you weren't a true fan. That's pure BS. They did many satiric eps in the original series, and I didn't like most of those either. With only 6 to work with this time around, I had hoped for a serious and sustained story arc.

Comment

Guys - in particular RENCO, please be mindful of spoilers!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        Guys - in particular RENCO, please be mindful of spoilers!
        Let's not go overboard on what constitutes a spoiler. The closest RENCO's post got is actually in the title of the episode.

Comment

I thought episode 3 was ok, it was kind of amusing, not a favorite of mine though.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode!

Spoiler:

The story, the characters, the humor, the Easter eggs, the tributes...all of it.

And that twist with Guy Mann was simply inspired. Wonderful stuff all around.

In the end, Mulder's faith in the unknown and unexplained is returned and Scully picked up Dagoo after getting nostalgic for Queequeg.

Darin Morgan episodes aren't for everyone, but if you dig his stuff, then this one was a genuine treat.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
              Let's not go overboard on what constitutes a spoiler. The closest RENCO's post got is actually in the title of the episode.
              It was a gentle reminder, that's all. As a newer member of the forum, he may not have been aware of the spoiler tags or the general forum etiquette. We all have to start somewhere, and when I first ventured onto forums, I made mistakes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

That was quiet a funny episode for the first half, then the humour kind of disapeared, or they ran out of jokes.

Comment

they should have never done this one, with so few eps, they should have stuck to the non funny stuff , though I did like how it ended.

Comment

does any one remember if Kolchak: The Night Stalker ever appeared, as far as I can remember he never did, but I can't be sure

for those who don't know, this was a show like the x-files back in the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                      does any one remember if Kolchak: The Night Stalker ever appeared, as far as I can remember he never did, but I can't be sure

for those who don't know, this was a show like the x-files back in the 70's

No, Kolchak never appeared in any episode of The X-Files. It would have been very interesting to have seen Mulder and Scully meet him though.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Mulder met Arthur Dales, who bears a striking resemblance to Carl Kolchak, in "Travelers" and "Aqua Mala." Scully even got to meet him in that second one.

Comment

Fox.com has the first two minutes of "My Struggle II" up right now.

British forum members: Hope you enjoy the premiere!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                            Fox.com has the first two minutes of "My Struggle II" up right now.

British forum members: Hope you enjoy the premiere!
                            Thank you! Looking forward to it! Just a matter of hours to wait now!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My thoughts on 'My Struggle'

Spoiler:

I found this episode a bit difficult on first viewing... we're given an alien event, and a potential conspiracy that is absolutely no different or special when compared to anything else that has been seen in The X-Files and yet when combined with a charming TV presenter and a fancy aircraft (the likes of which Mulder HAS seen before), Mulder completely throws away his belief in the entire alien conspiracy to believe that it was the government all along - not the aliens. I didn't really buy it - not after everything they'd been through.

Then I got thinking, it's heavily implied through the episode that Mulder has been damn depressed. I wonder if that's because the 2012 invasion didn't happen. At least not in the way it was expected.... Mulder and Scully gave up everything, including their son because of 2012... could it be that Mulder began to question himself after this? Causing depression and his break up with Scully - because he feels he got it all wrong, and now - unbalanced - he is willing to jump to any crazy theory that might mean he wasn't totally wrong after all? With that second perspective, I'm a lot happier with the episode, as it reflects Mulder's fall, without betraying the legitimate mythology...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I haven't said anything yet because I really did not like the first two episodes, or should I say I felt like there were scenes missing rather than saying I didn't like them. I felt like the story was jumping around and I was getting lost with what was going on and why, especially in the first episode. Anyway, I was just able to sit down and watch episode 3 on Hulu last night and I think it might be one of my top ten X-Files episodes of all time. I thought the writing was great and the casting was outstanding. Loved every minute. I hope the rest of the series is as good as episode 3. Can't wait to find time to watch episode 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X