• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-Files: UK Channel 5 air date confirmed
    Rob Leane
    27 Jan 2016 - 15:15

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-x-fi...#ixzz3yTJP9mV3

Channel 5 will be the UK broadcaster for FOX's event series revival of The X-Files, starting on Monday the 8th of February...

UPDATE: Heads up, UK people who want to believe! Channel 5 has confirmed the official UK air date for The X-Files miniseries, which comes to this side of the Atlantic on Monday the 8th of February at 9pm.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I'm glad it's doing well ratings wise. It would be nice if the series continued past these 6 episodes.
      I think it would be great if this turned into an annual event. Like some of those other shows that air 10-12 episodes per year and have done well.

Comment

Decided to go back and watch season one. Now watching- Jersey Devil.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I'm glad it's doing well ratings wise. It would be nice if the series continued past these 6 episodes.
          It's gonna have to get much better for me to want more.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            The X-Files: UK Channel 5 air date confirmed
            Rob Leane
            27 Jan 2016 - 15:15

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-x-fi...#ixzz3yTJP9mV3

Channel 5 will be the UK broadcaster for FOX's event series revival of The X-Files, starting on Monday the 8th of February...

UPDATE: Heads up, UK people who want to believe! Channel 5 has confirmed the official UK air date for The X-Files miniseries, which comes to this side of the Atlantic on Monday the 8th of February at 9pm.
            It's about damn time. Are they going to double-down on episodes or release them one-per-week? If the latter, they are going out of their way to rub salt in the wound.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I think it would be great if this turned into an annual event. Like some of those other shows that air 10-12 episodes per year and have done well.
            I would LOVE for this to happen.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Decided to go back and watch season one. Now watching- Jersey Devil.
            "Jersey Devil" was always a bit of a letdown for me. It was the closest X-Files ever got to doing a Bigfoot episode and, story-wise, it's pretty disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              ehh..., I'm not so sure, there was an attempt to recreate something like the x-files, I think it was called odyssey 5 or some thing like that and it did poorly, then came fringe, which did very well and it was more like the x-files, but, it was a regular show, if the x-files do return, then I think it will need to be a regular show like it was before, all in all it is good to have it back, but if it is going to just say good bye like they are doing with gravity falls then I think it will be a real kick in the gut, or lower, to us filens, all in all , I think we will need to see where they are going to go with this, will it be a regular series, will it be a series of short seasons like walking dead, or will they do a series of made for tv movies and do it tghat way, we will just need to wait and see.

but here is a BIG spoiler,THE BUTLER DID IT.

Comment

Yeah "Jersey Devil" was pretty boring. I did like the Mothman episode though.
                sigpic

Comment

It was great to see Mulder and Scully back again. Effortlessly carrying on from where they left off it seemed to me anyway. The Space channel here in Canada did a weekend marathon of Chris Carter's favourite episodes so I watched that to get into the "trust no one" world again!! It was interesting to see how many of his favourite episodes were mine too.

Being such a great start, I'm already thinking 6 episodes will be too few and I'll want more.

I loved how.....

Spoiler:
                  They used the exact same opening credits, made it feel like no time has passed!
                  The moment where they go into the abandoned X Files office, the pencils were still stuck in the ceiling, one of the great moments of continuity!

Comment

well I finally got to see the second episode, and this whole thing can lead back to two words, two words that cost a man his life, "purity control".

it is almost as if no time has passed, it is Friday night , I have my taco pizza and a two liter of coke, every one is out of the house having a life while I rot my brains with this drivel,...OH MY GOD THIS IS SOOOOO GOOD. if I could only find a taco pizza around here.

Comment

you know I noticed that there were a few old faces that we haven't seen for a while, not since Continuum was canceled, the guy in skinners office, and the black guy in the office, he played one of the liber8 terrorists, he was their techno guy.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                        you know I noticed that there were a few old faces that we haven't seen for a while, not since Continuum was canceled, the guy in skinners office, and the black guy in the office, he played one of the liber8 terrorists, he was their techno guy.
                        Spoiler:
                        Ryan Robbins and Omari Newton. Plus CSM himself, William B. Davis, was on Continuum.

Comment

I haven't seen the movie, but...

Spoiler:
                          What happened to William? I thought he was their kid.
                          sigpic

Comment

William was
                            Spoiler:
                            Adopted in Season 8 or 9 iirc to protect him as he was exhibiting telekinetic tendencies.

I suspect William's story will feature heavily in episode 6, and not in a nice way, but this is just my pet theory about that:

Spoiler:
                            The female agent, Monika? make a return during this series, I think she has been keeping an eye on William whilst working out of some field office, and she comes back to tell Dana William is dying due to his abilities, they reconnect etc. and William dies, I think this because of the clips in the behind the scene which shows Scully and Mulder having a heart to heart about William in episode 6, and there is an urn at her feet.

I could be way wrong, but it would 1) add fuel to this 'humans using alien technology to conduct genetics experiements' storyline twist and, 2) allow them to write him (William) out of the story for good, either bringing the two closer, or driving them apart, and giving both a reason to continue their hunt for the truth.

Ryan Robbins has been on Arrow since leaving Continuum.
                            Last edited by Ian-S; 29 January 2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Before the revival started airing, a popular theory was

Spoiler:
                              the urn contains the ashes of Mrs. Scully, Dana's mother.

I genuinely hope it's not William. That would be far too tragic an end for this mini-season.

Comment

That (were monster) was such a retarded episode. They've seen numerous transformation monsters before. WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                X