No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already have Season 1 but $128 for the entire series is still a great price even if the later seasons were iffy.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      Rhade was okay, I still think Tyr was better though and I hate how they handled the character in Season 4.
      Rhade was my favorite character until the fifth season. I liked him in the last two shows of the fifth season though.

The ship was awesome. One of my favorite ships in all of scifi. I loved watching her in action especially during the first season when we saw more of the manuvers she could accomplise.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
        Rhade was my favorite character until the fifth season. I liked him in the last two shows of the fifth season though.

The ship was awesome. One of my favorite ships in all of scifi. I loved watching her in action especially during the first season when we saw more of the manuvers she could accomplise.
        Yes, the ship does have a cool design. I also like the inclusion of Romi the ship's intelligence.

Comment

I am glad i am not only one who liked Andromeda. Yes, fifth season was horrible, but rest was pretty good. There were some problems with overall story, but most episodes were pretty good (not counting S5).
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I only watched it sporadically. I missed its initial syndication run, and I managed to catch the first season on Sci-Fi when they bought the rights, but I kind of lost track of the storyline after that. But one thing that always impressed me about it was the literacy of the show. The backstory was very well thought out and the societies created were genuinely interesting. A student of philsophy myself, I was impressed by the Nietzcheans. Whoever invented them certainly did their homework, because that's EXACTLY how a civilization raised on his philosophies would behave: arrogant, selfish, and fearless.

I am a fan of Kevin Sorbo. He had a great sort of "Geez whiz I'm a superhero" vibe going for him. What is he doing now, anyway?
            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
            What have these years left to me?
            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Robert Hewitt Wolfe (of DS9 fame) developed the show from Roddenberry's notes. Unfortunately, the network was pressuring him into turning the show into a more easily accessible episodic show instead of the multiple arc one he originally envisioned. They also wanted the show to focus more on Dylan. So, he ended up leaving the show in the middle of Season 2.

It's a shame really.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

no wonder things seemed to get worse. season 5 was just....terrible. season 1 was great

Comment

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons the best. I kinda lost interest once Tyr was gone.
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                  GateCon Attendee 2008
                  Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    Robert Hewitt Wolfe (of DS9 fame) developed the show from Roddenberry's notes. Unfortunately, the network was pressuring him into turning the show into a more easily accessible episodic show instead of the multiple arc one he originally envisioned. They also wanted the show to focus more on Dylan. So, he ended up leaving the show in the middle of Season 2.

It's a shame really.
                    I wonder how different the show would have been had they gone that way.

Comment

I watched few eps of S1 recently and i was wondering if there is list of High Guard ships that were named in the show (maybe even which class they were).
                      I really like those ship names...

"Andromeda Ascendant"
                      "12 Centuries"
                      "Pax Magellanic"
                      "Crimson Sunrise"
                      "Wraith Of Achilles"

please, feel free to add more ships to the list (these are the ones i can think of right now and they are from all seasons) and correct me if i made any mistakes..
                      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

They do have some cool names
                        The Balance of Judgement (Siege Perilous class destroyer)
                        The Eightfold Path (Mercy class medical support ship)
                        The Million Voices (Glorious Heritage class heavy cruiser)
                        The Resolution of Hector (same class as the Wraith of Achilles)
                        The Renewed Valour (Glorious Heritage class heavy cruiser)
                        The Vanguard, Continuation of Politics, Salient Debate, Fires of Orion
                        That's all I can think of for now

Comment

The Midian Breach (Looked like a Glorius Heritage)
                          The Clarion's Call (Have no idea what class...said in the episode it was a Lancer troop transport)

And of course all the ones above...I'm sure there's more...just can't remember...love that show...

Comment

You should check out the Culture 'verse by Iain M. Banks if you want cool ship names.

Comment

Halo - the video game series, also has cool ship names.

Ship names...

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                                You should check out the Culture 'verse by Iain M. Banks if you want cool ship names.
                                I agree

Comment

Working...
                                X