No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most star Trek does I used to think the Angel box sets were way too high in proce, think someone else di too 'cus they re-released them at £30 instead of £70. Why does TV DVD, possibly the best invention made by mad, besides the spork of course, have to be so pricy?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The North American Region 1 Andromeda sets usually retail for around 60-70$ AUS and they are in widescreen.
      The OZ region 4's have had their images inexplicabley cropped to fit the conventional square TV screen. So for four times the price you don't even get the full widescreen image as it was filmed.
      Get the North American region 1's. for at least a third of the price.Go to www.dvdsoon.com for probably the cheapest price.

Comment

I think the Andromeda Box Sets (and DVDs in general) are due to Extra Features. Most of them include alot of features, including Teasers, Interviews, Bloopers, and Featurettes.

Add to that a single volume only has 3 or 4 episodes... It does get pricey.

Although Star Trek DVDs are even more... which is why I never purchased any.

Mattathias

Comment

I have a similar problem with Farscape.

Stargate boxed sets go for under £50 here in the UK, usually £30-40, but I've never anywhere online or in shops seen Farscape boxed sets for anything under £100.

Which annoys me, cos I missed Farscape first time around, and it's hardly ever on TV over here (though I think our scifi channel plays it occasionally) meaning the only way I'll get to see the whole show is dishing out £100 for the boxed set (or there's the thingys with 3 or 4 episodes on which still add up to a hell of a lot).

Comment

can anyone post any links to any sites where you can purchase these dvd's as cheap as you say they are. i certainly cannot find any as cheap as mentioned here.

Comment

Because the Roddenberry's estate is inebriated with the grossness of their own verbosity .....

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne
                can anyone post any links to any sites where you can purchase these dvd's as cheap as you say they are. i certainly cannot find any as cheap as mentioned here.
                try:
                www.dvdsoon.com
                www.deepdiscount.com

Type in andromeda in the search engines. dvdsoon will convert it to Aus dollars. Expect a 5-6 week wait at dvdsoon.This is normal for them. I bought Andromeda season one from them when it was on special for 47.95 AUS. I think its now 57.95 Aus dollars and free shipping.. Much cheaper than +200 for the local r4 sets that have had the images cropped.

Comment

I would like to know why andromeda dvd boxsets are so expensive. i mean over $200 AUD, is a bit ridiculous i think. I mean if it cost about $100 or therebouts i would understand. But i am puzzled. Can anyone please explain to mw why it is so expensive.

Because Andormeda tanked, and someone needs to pay off their debt...
                  Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    I have a similar problem with Farscape.

Stargate boxed sets go for under £50 here in the UK, usually £30-40, but I've never anywhere online or in shops seen Farscape boxed sets for anything under £100.

Which annoys me, cos I missed Farscape first time around, and it's hardly ever on TV over here (though I think our scifi channel plays it occasionally) meaning the only way I'll get to see the whole show is dishing out £100 for the boxed set (or there's the thingys with 3 or 4 episodes on which still add up to a hell of a lot).
                    bbc own the rights to some of the series its on bbc 3 sometimes but usually at odd times, most places have the 4/5 episode sets for about £10 and theres 5 in a series

Comment

I would like to know why andromeda dvd boxsets are so expensive. i mean over $200 AUD, is a bit ridiculous i think. I mean if it cost about $100 or therebouts i would understand. But i am puzzled. Can anyone please explain to mw why it is so expensive.
                      Because they figure no one will actually want to buy them... and if they can find one or two shrubs that do they want to milk them for all they are worth.

(and I didnt think season one was that bad... just not box set worthy)
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The local Suncoast here is going out of business with boxsets 40% off and I still find some of these sets too expensive to be worth buying.

I'll wait til I find them even cheaper on Amazon or something in a few months after what little demand is for them at their current prices.

Comment

Since there is no Andromeda thread, I thought this would be fitting. (or if im overstepping my bounds, just tell me )

You can talk about anything that involves Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda here. Just remember, no attacking other people's opinions but debating is just fine.

Alright, lets get the ball rolling here.
                          Last edited by Descent; 18 August 2006, 08:38 AM.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I was a fan of Andromeda's in the beginning, but the last season was so discombobulated and ridiculous I lost interest.

Like I said I enjoyed the first couple seasons when Tyr was part of the crew, the show was much more edgy and dark, some of those Magog episodes gave me nightmares!.

I liked the Trance and Romi characters and Dylan Hunt was a very Star Trek like admirable captain.

I did buy the whole DVD collection and occasionally watch some of those early episodes.
                            Last edited by the Fifth Race; 18 August 2006, 09:03 AM.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              I was a fan of Andromeda's in the beginning, but the end it was so discombobulated and ridiculous I lost interest.

Like I said I enjoyed the first couple seasons when Tier was part of the crew, the show was much more edgy and dark, some of those Magog episodes gave me nightmares!. :eek

I liked the Trance and Romi characters and Dylan Hunt was a very Star Trek like admirable captain.

I did buy the whole DVD collection and occasionally watch some of those early episodes.
                              I agree, the early seasons are better than the later ones (I think part of that was due to Robert Hewitt Wolfe, one of DS9s best writers). Tyr was definatley my favorite character on the series but they had to go and mess him up. And I also liked Rev, but again...

Didn't like Trance or Beka but Harper, Romi and Dylan were alright usually (even though Dylan wasn't that capable of a captain sometimes). I have my problems with the series but I still thought it was alright.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I liked Andromeda

1) The Ship - GODS SHE WAS AMAZING, BOOTIFUL! *sigh*
                                All of the Commonwealth ships were.

2) Trance - HE HE, thats all Im going to say

3) Romi - For a woman, kinda cute *nods* Loved the ever changing hair

4) The storyline - different.
                                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Working...
                                X