"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    Hey all I have not seen this show yet but when I have an income again I do plan on buying the DVD here is a site I found for the show

http://andromeda-web.com/

this site has some great screen caps and does have a forum

I am a scifi fan some of shows I loved are Babylon 5, Star Trek Enterprise, Star Trek The Next Generation, Firefly I am in the middle of Farscape right now and I love it and of course I love SG-1 and SGA how does this show stack up and will the ending wrap everything up?
    The show is very good and you will not be disappointed. Things are flawless up to S5. Something happens at the end of S4 and, in my opinion, S5 is full with fillers up to the last two parter episode.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      Hey all I have not seen this show yet but when I have an income again I do plan on buying the DVD here is a site I found for the show

http://andromeda-web.com/

this site has some great screen caps and does have a forum

I am a scifi fan some of shows I loved are Babylon 5, Star Trek Enterprise, Star Trek The Next Generation, Firefly I am in the middle of Farscape right now and I love it and of course I love SG-1 and SGA how does this show stack up and will the ending wrap everything up?
      i love this site, its my favourite andromeda site

i didnt like s5 much either, i mean i like all the characters from andromeda, but my fav character still is rommie and she was only in like the last 5 episodes of s5.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
        i love this site, its my favourite andromeda site

i didnt like s5 much either, i mean i like all the characters from andromeda, but my fav character still is rommie and she was only in like the last 5 episodes of s5.
        Spoiler:
        Did not want to spoil but she was knocked up, last time I checked that is why they used Doyle . As Andromeda she had not problem playing but Rommie required some effort

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Spoiler:
          Did not want to spoil but she was knocked up, last time I checked that is why they used Doyle . As Andromeda she had not problem playing but Rommie required some effort
          Spoiler:
          argh dont mention doyle, i dont like her. i wouldve prefered if she hadnt existed, she was just trying to be someone she wasnt and she made me miss Rommie even more.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
            Spoiler:
            argh dont mention doyle, i dont like her. i wouldve prefered if she hadnt existed, she was just trying to be someone she wasnt and she made me miss Rommie even more.
            You do know that Doyle was chosen, initially, to play Rommie but Lexa got it in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              You do know that Doyle was chosen, initially, to play Rommie but Lexa got it in the end
              i know! thank god they made the right choice go lexa
              seriously, a character like doyle wouldve ruined the series completely.. wait it has, luckily it was already the last season so she couldnt do so much damage.

Comment

loved the spaceship designs even if the story started to suck

Comment

Against all odds it had great potential even starring Kevin Sorrbo. What ever happened to the arc about the... I forget what it was called but Hunt, Trance and Rebecca competed for a piece of it?

Comment

*dragging thread from the catacombs...

So, anyone thinking of doing a re-watch? 'Cause, you know, I'm apparently addicted to re-watches. They just got one underway over here a few days ago. It'll be easy to catch up, they've only done the first 2 episodes so far.
                    http://www.andromeda-web.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                      *dragging thread from the catacombs...

So, anyone thinking of doing a re-watch? 'Cause, you know, I'm apparently addicted to re-watches. They just got one underway over here a few days ago. It'll be easy to catch up, they've only done the first 2 episodes so far.
                      http://www.andromeda-web.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
                      When the show aired I kind of lost track of it simply because after the first couple of episodes I just was not that interested. But a few months back I got the full 5 seasons from a friend and must say I look at the series in a much different way, positively. Problem I originally had was the acting was just too popcorn for my tastes, way overdone at times. But then again I think with a BSG style of acting/directing the show would have never found an audience. I must say while a lot of episodes were generic, the overall story was quite complex and interesting. Something that certainly can not be said for a lot of shows these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                        When the show aired I kind of lost track of it simply because after the first couple of episodes I just was not that interested. But a few months back I got the full 5 seasons from a friend and must say I look at the series in a much different way, positively. Problem I originally had was the acting was just too popcorn for my tastes, way overdone at times. But then again I think with a BSG style of acting/directing the show would have never found an audience. I must say while a lot of episodes were generic, the overall story was quite complex and interesting. Something that certainly can not be said for a lot of shows these days.
                        I love cheesy popcorn! ~ Oh, you don't mean food.

Kidding aside, I understand what you mean. While I am a BSG fan, I understand that not all shows are going in that direction and don't have the hard hitting drama that BSG is so famous for. Sometimes simple entertainment value is under-valued?

Oh there were cheesy cliches at almost every turn. I just re-watched the first episode with Dylan standing there with his "the Commonwealth still exists on this ship" speech ~ talk about cheese (I was embarrassed for him).

I think perhaps scifi overall gets a bad rap because of the cheese factor. So much so that at times I forget why I enjoy it so much.

Comment

I was searching the web and found hardly any info on andromeda. If anyone has any sights or could give me thier thoughts on what the show was like and if its any good that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                            I was searching the web and found hardly any info on andromeda. If anyone has any sights or could give me thier thoughts on what the show was like and if its any good that would be great.
                            Here is a link for the Andromeda Apperciation thread right here in this section of GW ... http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...a+appreciation

I rather enjoyed Captain Dylan Hunt, Romie and there rag tag crew, expcet S5 was a total bust. You can always google it and click on the Wiki link for then television show, that has a lot of information on the entire series.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I personally don't think it's a series that's worth your time. Or at least, it should be near the bottom of your "to watch" list. For the most part, it's a very mediocre/cheap Sci-Fi series.

Go ahead and check out the first two episodes and see if it looks like a series you'd be interested in. Or just read about it on wikipedia. It's up to you, but as I said, there are plenty of far better shows out there to spend your time/money on.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

i'm watching farscape and I loved firefly and sg1 sga. I like scifi with action and humor. I have tried to watch star trek but just am not a fan. Not sure what show to watch next.

Comment

Working...
                                X