No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually managed to catch the repeats this time round on Sky - and am loving it!
    Not too sure I like the 2 main characters; I get his motivation for his son etc, but the woman seems very one-dimensional, and I don't think they have very good chemistry together.
    The stories of the returnees are fab though and I like where the Shawn and Lilly things are leading
    Ses
    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

I like the 44OO and I'm rewatching the repeats too on Sky one but does anyone know if it will be followed by season 2 ?!!!...I was disappointed because I thought they were airing season 2 on sky one when I realised they were just repeats of season 1

Caty

Comment

Caty, my guess is season two will start at the end of the year, they only started filming in the middle of last month. Probably around the time SG-1 returns. I'm looking forward to it, the show has a great potential.
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
          The stories of the returnees are fab though and I like where the Shawn and Lilly things are leading
          Me too, I cant wait till she has the baby. Wonder whats gonna happen to it

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
            Me too, I cant wait till she has the baby. Wonder whats gonna happen to it

Aswell as that, what the baby will be able to do. She wasn't pregnant before she left, and she didn't get pregnant in THAT amount of time, when she was away, something must of happened. If it did, it should be a very interesting story.
            __

__

Comment

You'd think she'd put two and two together and work out its an alien baby... but its good to watch to see what it will be and can do...
              Ses
              James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

I was thinking, perhaps this one child could have ALL the powers of the 4400, combined. Now THAT would be interesting.
                __

__

Comment

I like this show but they need to find new actors. I am not saying the actors are bad but when I saw Beecher from OZ I knew he was the killer,
                  In some ways it's kind of nice that NBC recycles it's actors from OZ to all 3 Law and Order shows but when you see an actor from L&O you know that he is going to be important to the plot of the 4400.
                  I like the two main characters. I am also glad that they kept the Agent Scully skeptisicism to only a few episodes. Another show where the female agent gets locked into a closet when the aliens show up would be way to cliched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                    You'd think she'd put two and two together and work out its an alien baby... but its good to watch to see what it will be and can do...
                    I think she knows its alien, but I dont think she wants to admit it. If anyone finds out they'll try to take it from her and run tests on it.

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

It would be cool if the baby was alien, but it wouldn't make sense at least to me. From what Kyle or whatever was controlling Kyle said to his father about where the 4400 had been all this time. From what they said in the last episode it I just don't think there is any alien involvement.
                      Please come and vist my friends and my little corner of the net. We'd love to have you.

Comment

I really liked the show. I love little Maia and the kinda mother/daughter relationship that we see develop between Diana and her character.

I do like the lead characters. I like how Diana develops as a character when Maia comes into her life and like seeing how the little girl changed her ways of thinking. I do think the relationship between the two leads needs working on however. Not in a shippy sense. There just seems to be something missing when they interact. I hope we see more of a bond between them in season 2.

Luce x

Comment

Is anyone else super excited? I've been left hanging since last summer (and PRAYING they would continue the series), so when my husband just told me this morning, I nearly jumped out of my chair!

I figure we can discuss the new episodes here. Please use spoilers, though!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                            Is anyone else super excited? I've been left hanging since last summer (and PRAYING they would continue the series), so when my husband just told me this morning, I nearly jumped out of my chair!

I figure we can discuss the new episodes here. Please use spoilers, though!
                            I'm definitely interested to see what happens next. There wasn't really any resolution to the last season, just more information as to what was going on. I think it is definitely the most interesting take on the
                            Spoiler:
                            UFO's-as-humans-from-the-future
                            take I've seen yet. I want to know if it turns into some sort of "super-hero" thing... or maybe more X-files like. At the very least, it seems to be a super-human thing, perhaps the next step in human evolution or something. I'm especially interested in that newborn kid, with that couple on the run. Then of course there is that evil rich guy... he's creepy. Reminds me of Lex Luthor or something...
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Yup, I'm with ya. With the new info from Kyle about the future, I'm REALLY interested to see more of what Maya's role is. Very well done series.
                              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                              Daniel: Oh! You see?
                              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                                Yup, I'm with ya. With the new info from Kyle about the future, I'm REALLY interested to see more of what Maya's role is. Very well done series.
                                Yeah, I think Maya is my favorite 4400. She's so innocent and sweet... yet so disturbing at times. Poor gal. She's got it rough, being probably the youngest of the 4400. Besides the kid that was just born, anyways.

by-the-by Hex... I like the cartoon on your sig. I thought the animated movie was pretty good. Even so, those little head-shaking guys are just a little creepy. Not unlike Maya... cute and creepy... LOL
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X