No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the 4400 was a limited run series or miniseries? They're making another season?

USA Network can cancel great shows like La Femme Nikita and Touching Evil, but keep dren like the 4400? The only reason I tune into USA anymore is for The Dead Zone, otherwise the channel is worthless in my eyes.

Comment

It pulled in the ratings and was so critically aclaimed (rightfully so, it's an awesome series) that they renewed it for a second season. I can't wait and I know a lot of other people can't wait for it as well.

Comment

Taken was critically acclaimed as well......though I thought it was awful, as a whole ( a couple hrs were ok).

La Femme Nikita was critically acclaimed, Farscape, Touching Evil etc.....those were actually good shows.

Just because something pulls in viewers doesn't mean anything, especially when it's only over a couple days. Let's not forget that it was overly hyped and had a major media blitz backing it, including commercials on various television stations, radio, newspapers and movie pre-shows. So, I would hope it would have gotten good ratings, since good ratings for cable don't mean much really......

I don't mean to demean your show, but as I am sure you can imagine, I don't like USA Networks very much.....

Comment

Taken starts on Australian TV this year... it's almost three years old and it's now being shown.

Comment

I've been rewatching The 4400 on DVD and it's an awesome series. I can't wait for the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
              Taken starts on Australian TV this year... it's almost three years old and it's now being shown.
              They are? Which channel? And what's the point since Video Ezy already have them out on DVD?

Comment

Who knows. During the NYE coverage on Nine they had a preview for shows on Nine in '05. Taken was one of them.

Comment

I LOVED this show, and I can't wait for the next season!

I have a little theory that Lily's baby is *spoiler*

...a baby jesus!

Comment

What if
                    Spoiler:
                    they WERE abducted by aliens and what Kyle told the Homeland Security guy was just an elaborate lie? I like the whole Collier arc. It will be interesting to see what else the guy does. Also it will be interesting to see what happens with Shawn as well as Lily and Tyler.
                    It's an awesome show.

Comment

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=20050301usa01

Tuesday, March 1, 2005
                      THE INVESTIGATION OF "THE 4400" CONTINUES AS PRODUCTION RESUMES ON ITS SECOND SEASON ON USA NETWORK
                      Released by USA

Billy Campbell ("Once and Again") Reprises His Role As One Of The 4400

Los Angeles, CA - March 1, 2005 - THE 4400, the critically acclaimed hit series from Paramount Network Television, begins production on its second season this week in Vancouver. Production on the series, which will air Sundays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on USA Network, resumes with the episode entitled "Wake-up Call." The series will premiere with a special two-hour episode on Sunday, June 5 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Billy Campbell will reprise his role as Collier, one of the mysterious 4400. Other returning cast members include Joel Gretsch as Tom Baldwin, Jacqueline McKenzie as Diana Skouris, Patrick Flueger as Shawn Farrell, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali as Richard Tyler, Laura Allen as Lily Moore, Chad Faust as Kyle and Conchita Campbell as Maia.

The second season will continue exploring the travails of the 4400 people who were presumed dead or reported missing, before they suddenly reappeared on Earth. Though they had not aged physically, some of them reappeared on earth with severe alterations ranging from superhuman strength to an unexplained healing touch. The Department of Homeland Security formed an agency to track the 4400 after one of them was accused of committing a murder.

THE 4400 premiered on July 11, 2004 on USA Network as the highest-rated and most-watched original series premiere ever on a basic cable network. The series was 2004's top original scripted basic cable series, beating all other original programs in viewers, households, and key demos.

In the first episode of the show's second season, the action resumes six months after the series first season ended, and over a year after the 4400 were deposited back on earth. Tom is reinstated at the Department of Homeland Security, reuniting with his partner, Diana, as they continue their investigation into the 4400. Meanwhile, Lily's baby, who was mysteriously conceived during her absence, is now six months old; and Collier's book is published, containing explosive information about the 4400.

THE 4400 was created by Scott Peters and Rene Echevarria. Scott Peters, Maira Suro, Ira Behr and Perry Simon are executive producers.

THE 4400 is produced by Paramount Network Television in association with Renegade 83 and American Zoetrope for USA Network. Paramount Network Television is a division of the CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group, a unit of Viacom Inc.

USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is seen in over 88 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com. USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                      http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                      http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
                      http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Excellent news. I can't wait.
                        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! 4400!
                          Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Any news on the number of episodes because there weren’t that many in the first series (or season for the inhabitance of Jesusland)?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Chicken
                              Any news on the number of episodes because there weren’t that many in the first series (or season for the inhabitance of Jesusland)?
                              According to The Futon Critic site:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...owatch&id=4400

infoline
                              the scoop of this project
                              current season: 2
                              episode order: 13

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The first season of The 4400 was pretty awesome, hopefully the second season will still have that really original, mysterious feel.

Comment

Working...
                                X