"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    There are a pair of novels to finish off the series. I own both but haven't finished either of them
    I'm aware of both...Do they completely finish off the series or are there still loose ties?

While I'm thankful that a concept can be continued with a book series, it simply isn't the same as seeing the characters or the powers.
    sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...I might have to look into getting those books.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        I'm aware of both...Do they completely finish off the series or are there still loose ties?
        If you'd read what I said....I haven't finished either of them so I have no idea
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well I meant if you happened to know
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            Me too...

At least it had a resolution of sorts...But definitely not the resolution we wanted. And then for NBC to market and produce a similar, higher budget, though inferior, show (Heroes), which only lasted 4 seasons as well. And now SyFy has Alphas, which I am told is fairly similar to both Heroes and 4400. How many times does NBC and its subsidiaries have to try? Lol
            Well I don't have a problem with shows being similar, it just means more for me to watch! Though I do wish some would get proper endings. I've got Heroes on DVD to watch but hubby wanted to watch with me. I watched the 4400 without him because frankly if I waited to watch with him it'd take too long. Not my problem his job sometimes keeps him extra busy!

I don't see too much the same with the 4400 and Alphas. Alphas reminds me more of Mutant X. And even with that, they are different shows.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I don't either, but when 3 similar shows are released within seven years of each other, all from the same parent company, it gets a little annoying
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X