No announcement yet.

The Dead Zone Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally. Was beginning to wonder if there was ever going to be a season 4.
    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the series but...we knew it was coming ....the end of the world stuff was abit far fetched and kind of turned me off it abit *hides* i hope the new series is alot better!
      SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

While watching TV today, saw a promo commercial for the fourth season
        premiere of "The Dead Zone" -- and recognized Colin Cunningham in a
        clip. According to IMDB, Colin portrays a character named "Pendragon."

Also, actor Gary Chalk (SG-1's Colonel Chekov) is guest starring:

USA Sunday 6/12/2005 10:00 PM

Dead Zone
        "Broken Circle"

The fourth season begins. Still reeling from the effects of his seizure and on the lam from the Feds, Johnny races to prevent Rebecca (Sarah Wynter) from sacrificing herself to kill Stillson, whose troubled past is recalled in a string of flashbacks. Elsewhere, an imprisoned Purdy receives a cryptic offer. Greg Stillson: Sean Patrick Flanery. James Stillson: Gary Chalk. (2005)

Anthony Michael Hall, Nicole de Boer, David Ogden Stiers, Chris Bruno, John L. Adams

For more information on the series, the official site link:

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/thedeadzone/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

First thing to comment... Anyone like the new music for the opening credits?

Colin Cunningham, oh boy, an annoying character, but can't blame him for doing his job.

Ahh! What a relief that Stilson (i forgot his name, is that it?) wasn't the killer! Poor people who liked Johnny and Rebecca together though, they were so nice together!

Anyway, more to say, but have to go.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good ep overall.

Hopefully if Cunningham's character becomes a semi-main, they start to write him better.

I suspected all along that it wasn't Stilson that killed the girl...it was just too obvious given that he's sposed to be the trigger for armageddon...the big baddies never sweat the small stuff <s>

I thought it was a bit cheesey to introduce the free masons though. Will have to see how that goes, but so far it seems a weak idea and takes away some of the danger/drama about Stilson.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Don't like the new music.

Didn't suspect Papa Stilson, although it makes sense.

Too bad that Rebecca and Johnny didn't work out. At least they didn't kill her, so she has the chance of coming back.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                First thing to comment... Anyone like the new music for the opening credits?
                One word. No.

Since I only watched an episode or two last season (always forgetting it was on), I’m sure there are details I’ve missed. I did see the one were Johnny was accused of killing her sister so I did know who Rebecca was but I’m not up to date on all the Armageddon stuff except for, what was it, the season finally to S2 that revealed this story line.

Aww, Stilson killed the poor Russian Colonel from Stargate.

Wonder if that’s the last we see of his cane that he chunked in the river? For some reason I have a feeling it will find it’s way back to him, but then again maybe not.

Now if I can just remember there is something to now watch on Sunday nights.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Having waited for this episode since August '04, I have to say I felt it was a bit too rushed, but otherwise pretty decent.

I'd have liked to see more explanation given to Johnny deciding against brain surgery. One minute he's about to go to the O.R., the next he's in Bruce's car sleeping off the sedative, and the next he's running around in DC and there's *no reference at all* in the rest of the episode to his headaches/blackouts/the possibility of the surgery etc. Until the final scene in which he tosses his cane into the river. I'm sorry, but if I hadn't read the original story treatment after seeing the episode (it's on the official website), I wouldn't have understood that Johnny figured out that he got the headaches/blackouts by having, through the cane, a "closed circle" with his future self. That's apparently what the episode title refers to, to him breaking that circle, and hence ridding himself of the headaches, seizures etc. and no longer needing the surgery.
                  I think it should've been a two-parter, and then they'd have had time explain this better, because now it felt as if they just totally forgot about Johnny's physical problems.

I don't think we'll ever see the cane again, because in that same story treatment, the writers make it very clear that they want to shift the focus away from Wey and Future Johnny (heck, Wey wasn't even in the episode!) and towards this new player, Janus. Johnny himself has figured out that he needs to come up with he answers himself, instead of relying on the directions from the manipulative cynic person that he will become. Johnny doesn't need the cane anymore to walk, and he doesn't want the contact with FJ anymore. Besides which, Wey found the cane in Washington DC, and that's where it is now, if not at the exact same spot... yet.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation about the cane and how the guys in the future came into possession of it. Obviously that was one of those episodes I missed or either wasn’t paying close enough attention. I'm going to try and do better this season.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Heya!

I've recently began watching The Dead Zone, and it is BRILLIANT!

I've had a look for other threads on the Dead Zone, and never found any, but I apologise if this is a duplicate thread.

Is there anyone else here that loves the Dead Zone????
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I used to love The Dead Zone! It was one of my fave shows. But after the first series finished I just kinda forgot about it and never watched the rest. I really should start watching again!

Comment

I've only discovered it as UK sci fi channel is showing season one again. I noted with some bemusement that Nicole DeBoer's character (can't remember her name) has the same house as Sam!
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow that's pretty cool! - I hadn't noticed that

Comment

Yeah...just watch any ep that Nicole DeBoer's house is in...then watch Ascension from season five!
                              sigpic

Comment

I was watching previews for next sundays dead zone and I think i saw Teryl Rothery in it. But i went to go look under IMDB under her name but shes not listed to be on dead zone.. Just thought I'd share.. But I swear it was her lol

hmm

any one care to state im not crazy? or seeing things

Comment

Working...
                                X