The Dead Zone Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay this is at Canadian stores but Americans should check too just in case

Future Shop and Best Buy have seasons 1-4 at $16.99. Season 5 is $26.99 at FF and $29.99 at BB. I bought seasons 2-5 to catch up and also found the 1983 movie for $9.99 which i love just for Christopher Walken!

I did some price checking of other stores over the internet and it looks like $16.99 is a great deal!
    My local Rogers Video had previously viewed season 2 for $29.99 and season 3 for $17 something. I think not!
    Though I am hoping more sci-fi/fantasy tv shows come down in price in Canada. Expensive shows like Doctor Who considering I have to deal with the cut versions to fit in CBC's timeslot.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Is this because they added huge VISA ads to the boxes?

Comment

So I have a feeling this thread may die but since I couldn't find any thread devoted to this show, I decided to go for it.

The Dead Zone ran from 2002 to 2007 on the USA Network, for anyone who doesn't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dea...V_series)#Plot

I didn't get into the show except for casual viewing of reruns until about midway into its fifth season, mainly because I never bothered watching it even though it aired the same night as The 4400 (which I loved). But I got hooked. When it was cancelled along with the 4400 I was crushed. About a year later Ion Television began airing it from the beginning and I started watching, but about a month or two into it they stopped running it.

Fast forward to last year when I started using Amazon...I was thinking "Hey, that show I never really had a chance to watch...Dead Zone!" Looked it up, the most expensive season was around $11. I bought them all slowly (I got the fifth season brand new for $3) and now own them all.

Watching them was fun, and I watched them with my girlfriend as well as my roommate, and both of them enjoyed it as well. It's sad that it never got any more seasons, but it was a good show while it lasted.

Any other fans of this show on here?
        sigpic

Comment

I really liked the movie with Christopher Walken as Johnny Smith.

I wondered what more they could do with that idea in a TV show but I gave it a go and was hooked straight away when it began airing in the UK. I lost track of it for about a year after moving to Canada in 2005, but the SPACE channel was showing it so I caught up.

Anthony Michael Hall made a great Johnny Smith and I loved looking forward to what he would see when he touched someone. Nicole de Boer as the girl he loved but lost was great too. I enjoyed her performance as Ezri Dax in DS9, so it was great to see her again.

Had a few Stargate 'faces' in it too. Greg Stillson 'Orlin' from SG-1's 'Ascension' and Gary Chalk 'Colonel Chekov' turned in a good performance as Stillson's overbearing father.

One of the more interesting bizarre episodes was the one where he had to have blood transfusions and it turned out the blood was from different people. He ended up seeing things about these strangers and one of them was going to be killed.

I re-watched the whole series about a year ago, and still revisit my favourite episodes on odd occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            I really liked the movie with Christopher Walken as Johnny Smith.

One of the more interesting bizarre episodes was the one where he had to have blood transfusions and it turned out the blood was from different people. He ended up seeing things about these strangers and one of them was going to be killed.

I re-watched the whole series about a year ago, and still revisit my favourite episodes on odd occasions.
            I still have yet to watch the movie...but that is welcomed here as well.

The blood transfusion episode was REALLY interesting cause it kept you guessing until the very end and tied up all the side stories at the end.
            sigpic

Comment

I became a fan about a year before it was canceled. I didn't get Space at that time but ended up buying the DVDs and getting hooked. I adored Hall in those teen movies and liked the Dead Zone movie so it was a blind buy for season 1.

Comment

Perhaps a re-watch might be fun if people have time.

Comment

Dead Zone Re-watch? I would totally do it if I had time and if I didn't have other shows I need to watch...Lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Huh...I guess I didn't go back far enough checking. My thread was merged
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      Huh...I guess I didn't go back far enough checking. My thread was merged
                      So that's what happened! I was shocked to see a post from me in 2007 when I thought I just posted in a new thread.

I would love to do a DZ rewatch but alas I'm still on Buffy and some others.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                        So that's what happened! I was shocked to see a post from me in 2007 when I thought I just posted in a new thread.

Yeah, I need to try out Buffy eventually.

I just watched DZ over the summer, so I'm good for now on a rewatch...Plus we would need to get more people
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post

I'm currently doing a Buffy rewatch as well but I would love to do a DZ rewatch because I'm not sure I've watched all the episodes...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                          X