No announcement yet.

The Dead Zone Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing i'm worried about with the Dead Zone having 22 episodes is having only a few good episodes, and the rest suck, that would just be depressing... But lets not hope for that Haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well that depends on the writers, which I'd assume would be the same team.

Comment

Excellent, excellent, excellent. The Dead Zone is (usually) one of the best-written shows on television, of any genre, and they deserve an entire season to play with. USA has been playing it cautious for three years, ordering half-seasons, seeing how they do, thinking about it for a while, then ordering another half-season -- despite the fact that the show is consistently one the highest-rated original dramas on cable.

Here's to Season Four!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I really like Dead Zone it is well done and well acted. It is the 3rd most watched show on USA but USA still can't seem to advertise for it in a half decent way. I mean I never know when the next season is going to start.

I actually thought it had been canceled up till yesterday where I find out that there is going to be a 4th season with 22 episodes. But, of course, USA neglects AGAIN to say when it will start. So if anyone knows anything about the start date don't hesitate the post.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

My research has turned up nothing other than a confirmed 4th season. Also, the 4th season may or may not start off with Tipping Point 2.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

How can they start without finishing the last episode? This all just seems like bad handling on USA Network's side.

Spoiler:

Comment

I guess they would have to do a bottle episode and then lead up to TP2, i guess. Sounds wack though.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I believe the new season usually starts in June, although I haven't seen anything yet. I believe they started production in November.
                  sigpic
                  ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                    I believe the new season usually starts in June, although I haven't seen anything yet. I believe they started production in November.
                    Thats just it! See DZ has started in the summer once then in the winter...It doesn't have a fixed time to start. But if they did begin production in Nov. then it will probably start this summer.

Spoiler:

Comment

I love The Dead Zone! I am amazed how Micheal Piller had taken a half decent stephen king story turned it into a great show!

Spoilers

In the Novel and original movie , It ends were Johnny tried to assinate Greg Stillson and avert a future nuclear holocaust since Stillson is a delussional mad man who will some day if he isnt stoped take the nuclear football without senate authorization and launch a baslistic barrage at Russia because he thinks God sent him to bring the rapture and cleanse the Earth .

Johnny snipers Stillson in a community hall balcony , He misses Stillson because a guard pushed him out of the way taking the bullet and everyone clears the hall in panic ,Stillson grabs Johns son and uses him as a human sheild as he does it a photographer takes a shot of the act , The wounded Gaurd Shoots Johnny and he falls over the balcony to the ground below.

Unfortunately Johnny will die in the attempt but will go out receiving one last vision seeing Sillsons politcal career end in shame concluding with Stillsons suicide and his future Sons happy life.

Bare in my Mind the TV show has striking differences from the novel since it was written during the cold war ,So this may not happen or may conclude differently!
                      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Actually the TV show has already played out that senerio.

I think in a season 3 ep. Bruce attends his fathers funeral and when he is saying good bye has a vision (I don't know how exacly but it was somehow through Johnny). In the vision Bruce is living his life without having met Johnny and so without Bruce to support him Johnny ends up like the Johnny in the movie and trys to assasinate Stillson dying in the effort.

This episode shows that now the show is on like an alternative timeline of sorts that will end differently from the movie.

Spoiler:

Comment

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr...=20050525usa01

(Please follow the link for the complete article. There are spoilers for season four.)

Wednesday, May 25, 2005
                          SEASON FOUR OF USA NETWORK'S ORIGINAL SERIES ‘THE DEAD ZONE’ STARRING ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL PREMIERES SUNDAY, JUNE 12 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT
                          Released by USA

SEASON FOUR OF USA NETWORK'S ORIGINAL SERIES ‘THE DEAD ZONE’ STARRING ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL PREMIERES SUNDAY, JUNE 12 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT

Sean Patrick Flanery, Martin Donovan, Danny Masterson, Dedee Pfeiffer, Jennifer Finnigan, Edward Asner, Ben Foster and Sarah Wynter Guest Star in the Hit Series from Lions Gate Television and CBS Paramount International Television

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. -- May 12, 2005 -- The Dead Zone, the hit series starring Anthony Michael Hall (“61*,” “The Pirates of Silicon Valley,” “Sixteen Candles”), launches its fourth season on USA Network Sunday, June 12 at 10:00 PM ET/PT. Based on characters from the Stephen King novel, the drama returns as one of basic cable’s top-rated series, its sustained success fueled by an outstanding cast, powerful storytelling and striking visual effects.

Produced by Lions Gate Television and CBS Paramount International Television in association with Piller² and The Segan Company, The Dead Zone is a psychological thriller blending action, romance, the paranormal and a continuing quest for justice. In one of the most demanding roles on series television, Hall stars as Johnny Smith, a man injured in a near-fatal car crash, who emerges from a six-year-long coma with psychic powers that allow him to see into the past and future through visions triggered by touch.

Also starring in the ensemble cast are Nicole deBoer (“Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”) as Johnny’s former fiancée, Sarah; Chris Bruno (“Another World”) as Sarah’s husband, sheriff Walt Bannerman; John L. Adams (“Pacific Blue”) as Johnny’s best friend, Bruce; and David Ogden Stiers (“Curse of the Jade Scorpion”) as Reverend Purdy, the executor of the Smith family trust.

Sean Patrick Flanery (“Dead Lawyers”) returns to reprise his role as Johnny’s archenemy, the unscrupulous young congressman Greg Stillson. Martin Donovan (“Traffic – The Miniseries”), Danny Masterson (“That ‘70s Show”), Dedee Pfeiffer (“Cybill”), Jennifer Finnigan (“Committed”), Edward Asner (“Lou Grant”), Ben Foster (“Six Feet Under”) and Sarah Wynter (“24”) are among this season’s guest stars.

**snippity doo-dah**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                          http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                          http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
                          http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I love the show but the last season was a bit wishy-washy. I didn't like how they left the whole end of the world issue brought up in the second season mostly unresolved in the third. All the same, I'm looking forward to the new season.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yeah!! I was wondering when season 4 was going to start, getting kind of tired of the re-runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Senara
                                Yeah!! I was wondering when season 4 was going to start, getting kind of tired of the re-runs.
                                Holy crap, i'm sick and tired of those re-runs as well!
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X