This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    A guy in a spacesuit ominously reaching out, hmm. The first thing I thought of was the Vashta Nerada but I could be hoping for too much with that one.
    As cool as that connection is, remember that the spacesuit connection to the Vashta Nerada was purely born of the specific situation of River's team wearing spacesuits.

Would be interesting, though.

Oh, and that Series 6 promo image is great!
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Is April 23 the air date for BBC UK as well as BBC America? Everything I can find online says April 23 but says BBC America right after it and I'm not really sure why as the US isn't the primary market for Doctor Who.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        Is April 23 the air date for BBC UK as well as BBC America? Everything I can find online says April 23 but says BBC America right after it and I'm not really sure why as the US isn't the primary market for Doctor Who.
        Good question, but I believe it is possible that the same thing that happened with the Christmas Special. Its possible that they might air on the same day. But BBC UK will definitely be airing it first. It could be right around Easter as normal or something else entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Its possible that they might air on the same day. But BBC UK will definitely be airing it first.
          I agree BBC UK will air the episode first, but can anyone conform when BBC UK will air the first episode of the new Season? It's odd that BBC America has announced the date, but as far as I can tell BBC UK hasn't.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree BBC UK will air the episode first, but can anyone conform when BBC UK will air the first episode of the new Season? It's odd that BBC America has announced the date, but as far as I can tell BBC UK hasn't.
            I would imagine that the UK date would be announced tomorrow after the Red Nose Day Special
            They will probably show that, then Matt Smith and Karen Gillan and probably Arthur Darvil will come on and probably talk about filming it, and they will probably be asked when its returning to our screens and we could even get a preview clip?? Or am I asking/hoping for too much lol
            Thats my guess anyway

Just looked on Wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable of sources) but there isnt a release date, only BBC Americas, and theres nothing on the Doctor Who website

EDIT:
            Alan just posted this on the news and announcements thread, I was right abiout it being confirmed in the Red Nose Day Special
            http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...ssion-for.html
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 18 March 2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

UK transmission for Series Six confirmed
              Friday, March 18, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The BBC have now confirmed the transmission date for The Impossible Astronaut will be, as widely expected, on Saturday 23rd April; the title and date were given at the end of the Comic Relief Doctor Who special sketches broadcast this evening.

BBC America confirmed the same date for the US premier last week.

The BBC's Doctor Who site is planning to mark the start of the series with a specially prepared prequel:
              We'll be launching the Prequel to the series' opening two-parter very soon. It's an eerie sequence written by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who's Lead Writer, Executive Producer and writer of the opening story) that sets the scene in scary and mysterious style. It introduces us to the world the Doctor will collide with in the next adventure and watch carefully... was that the new monster..?

The first prequel stars Stuart Milligan and introduces us to story strands that will bind the Doctor - and enthral his audience - throughout the weeks ahead. We'll bring you more details soon, but be warned, it's a scary one...
              Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...ssion-for.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Awesome! How long will these online prequels be? Any idea?
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome! How long will these online prequels be? Any idea?
                  Not a clue, my friend. I guess we just gotta keep watching this space and time for more info.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Ah, I see you decided to come to the Series 6 topic and post that Alan =)
                    Ooo, a prequel to the new series, sounds interesting...
                    Im guessing no news on when its going to come out as no ones posted a date

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Ah, I see you decided to come to the Series 6 topic and post that Alan =)
                      Ooo, a prequel to the new series, sounds interesting...
                      Im guessing no news on when its going to come out as no ones posted a date
                      Yes, it's important news. But posting news is about as much in to this thread I'm gonna let myself get dragged in. I don't want to speculate or discuss anything about anything of the up and coming series. I'm saving all the conversation for *after* a story has finished airing.

As for the prequels and dates...I'll be sure to post any news I come across.

But here's one important date for you...Doctor Who - 1963 - present.
                      Last edited by Alan; 19 March 2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

New trailers!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0OE...layer_embedded
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNA5W...layer_embedded
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGivQ...layer_embedded

Prequel comes out tomorrow!!! (Friday 25th)

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00fxf06

This needed its own post lol
                          Prequel is here!!
                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00fxf06

Youtube link
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzgl...layer_embedded
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 25 March 2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

The creep factor has gone up to 11...
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              Indeed !
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                                Yeah lol, this episode looks both awesome and creepy

Comment

Working...
                                X